Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d99650161455aab6d6bc2b488141eae6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

new female costume help--possible commission :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandashoujo (Stephanie)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: new female costume help--possible commission :) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just joined the Legion and am super excited! I would like to make or buy my first costume, preferably for one of Padme's outfits, but I'd take or Rey, too. My problem is my sewing skills are slim to none--I can hand stitch at a rudimentary level, no sewing machine knowledge. So I either need a VERY easy costume to make, or one to buy!

I'm all for buying a costume that would live up to the standards of the Legion, so if anyone can either give me some sites with costumes for sale or let me know of anyone you know who takes commissions, I would be eternally grateful! Razz

Thanks a bunch, all!
Stephanie, Trenton, NJ
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the first thing is narrowing it down to figure out what you want. Every costume in the legion has a set of standards of what is required for the costume.

Padme had the most costumes of any character, well over twenty of them.
Most of her standards can be found in the dignitary costume standards: http://www.rebellegion.com/costume-standards/dignataries/ She has some simpler costumes, and ALOT of more complex ones.

Rey has two currently, both are still new and the standards currently in development, you can see the proposed standards for her main costume here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74188

Once you have a better idea of which one(s) your interested in we can start breaking it down piece by piece. Depending on which ones you choose it may be easier or more difficult to find parts and/or make parts.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! Ok, I've narrowed it down! I chose a few because I don't know hard/easy each one would be to make.

My first choice is Padme's Arena Battle costume: http://www.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones-arena-battle/

My other first choice is Rey's costume at the end of the movie: https://www.facebook.com/RLUCGR/photos/a.434248540107547.1073741861.174467292752341/434248590107542/?type=3&theater

Third choice is Padme's Pastel Lake Gown: (although with those arm bands, this one looks hard to wear?) http://www.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones-pastel-lake-gown/
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second Rey costume still has standards in discussion, and they may change. I would caution against doing a costume without firm standards, because if the standards change while your working on it, you may have to spend more time and/or money on it.

As for the Padme costumes, I would think the Geonosis arena would be easier, but I am not a Padme expert, let me ask a few friends and see what I can dig up for you.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch! Let me know if anyone can help me Smile
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best place to find a possible commission sewer would be in the Star Wars Costume & Prop Sale Forum:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=480

Members often post parts of costumes they can make or have for sale. Sometimes people sell off their completed costumes.

The next option would be to approach a local seamstress or tailor to ask if they can make a costume you are interested in. See if they can understand the CRLs and identify what it would take to make the costume, by showing them images of the costume.

Also check for other cosplay of fan groups in your area.

Just remember, buying or having a costume made to order is not an automatic guarantee it will be approved. It needs to fit you well and have all of the required parts and details. Neutral

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
UCGR Detachment XO
Echo Base Captain
Pandashoujo (Stephanie)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok great, thanks so much! I'll check out the forum link you gave me Smile
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to chime in again,

I talked to a friend in PA who has a geonosis padme. She says the soft parts of her costume were made by Clothears(http://www.clothearscostumes.com/), and the hard parts were made by Mosi, who is right here on the Rebel Legion Forums (http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mosi&start=0)

There may be other options, so be sure to look around more, but that is several options for getting something commissioned.

I've got another friend who has the lake gown dress, and I'll see if I can get her to chime in here. She used to be in the base, but recently moved to Alderaan Base territory(New England Area).

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you so much! I will check both of those links! I also looked at the forum you gave me in your last comment and found the hard pieces (I'm not sure if it's the same member you just listed--I'll check!). Thanks for all the help, it's greatly appreciated 😁
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suggestion I would make is if you are having someone make you a piece for your costume, make sure it meets the current standards for that costume.

There is no feeling like having an expensive piece made to then find out the standard has changed, and that money was wasted.

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to check in and see how you are making out with your costume build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: