About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ad27e2bf87596b3cef4a2af984bf7e5eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

JQT: I see what your saying now. Thanks for clearing it up.

I have to say that I agree with you. The Rebel Legion is not as recognizable as the 501st, and I have to echo the statements of others by saying I think that is due to the age of group. In the last year we've really blossomed. We're now doing allot of con appearance and charity work and we're doing allot of the stuff that the 501st does. We're also growing real fast (50 new members joined in November). We're showing up in the media more and more often. But we are just now starting to do all these things. I think we'll become more well-known as time goes on and we establish our presence.

As far as benefits for joining the group, we're working on some website content for members and we're working on a some tutorials for our site. Very soon base members wil get notified of events occuring in their area. But beyond that, all I can think of in terms of benefits is basically doing the same stuff the 501st does. What sort of benefits do you think folks like the Hi-Impact guys might want?
Utinni ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

I've had the same arguement locally too about RL/501st vs FF. And everyone really needs to step back from their individual clubs and personal views and LOOK at what EACH club offers and what they are about.

Fan Force is basically a club for ALL SW Fans- collectors, RPG gamers, readers of just the books/comics, costuming, ANY and EVERY SW Fan off the street.

Rebel Legion/501st...EXCLUSIVE COSTUME Clubs. That's it, and they are WORLD-WIDE Organizations. The main rule to join....a screen accurate costume.

High Impact- A group of professional prop and costume makers that make VERY accurate costumes and props from SEVERAL movies, books...NOT JUST SW! And this is a VERY EXCLUSIVE club that RARELY takes in new members, it's more like a group of friends.

Oh and about this regarding HI members:

"When asked about the Rebel Leigon... they simply don't see why they should bother. "

Well, Eric Moody recently joined (in the Pilots area), and last time I checked he's one of the main HI guys. And I have a few HI South members in my Base list, that will be joining soon!

I don't see why groups just can't get along, if you want to be a member of more than 1, feel free to do it, since each club offers something different.

Lastly..........STOP THINKING ABOUT IT SO MUCH AND HAVE FUN!!!!! IT'S A HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff T.

Padme Amanda ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

"I don't see why groups just can't get along, if you want to be a member of more than 1, feel free to do it, since each club offers something different."

- It's easy to be a member of both a Fan Force group and a costuming group at the same time, but the issue here is that Seattle's Alpha Base is not welcomed as a Rebel Legion base because we are already connected with the local Fan Force base, the Seattle Star Wars Society. Thus, we are being told that if we want to be in Rebel Legion, we have to be a part of "Endor Base" as well as Alpha Base. Alpha Base already exists as a local group, so obviously we are acting as the Seattle Rebel costuming group, doing events with the local Fan Force and the 501st's  Garrison Titan. However, when it comes to the international picture, our group is not affiliated with RL, and can never be unless we decide to abandon our local friends. This makes no sense to us, and that is why RL is not popular over here. We see no reason to exist as part of the RL, except perhaps individually. What do we say if we go to a big convention out of state? "Hi, I'm with Endor Base of the Rebel Legion, but my buddies and I here are Alpha Base, and with the Seattle Star Wars Society" ??? Oy. That just seems really messed up to me. I know I'm supposed to be a Senator, but I really hate politics. Most of the time they just get in the way and can do more harm than good.
I'm just the Alpha Base Web Mistress, so I'm not the Voice of the Base or anything, but I'm stuck wondering where I fit in the international scheme. There is no way I'm splitting off from my local Rebel friends, but how am I supposed to be a part of this "Endor Base" when it's supposed to encompass a huge part of the West Coast? That's like saying "oh, Seattle is being cut off so we'll pretend they're just lumped into the Northern California Base, which already exists, so it doesn't seem like we're really excluding anyone". I know I'm being blunt, and I don't want to provoke arguments, but that's what it seems like to me. I have a lot of international friends from being online a lot, but when it comes down to actually doing charity events and hosting things, we have to organize our own or tag along with the Imperial group because we're not an official RL Base, and thus, RL has no group representation in the Northwest, no matter how much we're let in as individuals.

P.S. I don't mean to offend anyone here, I'm just trying to figure out where my place is, and hope someone else can try and understand this problem...

transferred ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

My point is that you CAN and SHOULD all join individually in order to use the Rebel Legion's status at Cns and interenationally.

It's because the SSWS asked for the Rebel Legion's Base to use. It's simply our base.

And everyone who joins is part of a base. And yet they don't have to give up whatever other groups they are with.

People already say "Hi I'm with Fan Force, Pathfinders, 501st, and etc."

Mookie
Padme Amanda ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

Um... Mookie, you still don't get my point.. I'll try rewording it. There's a difference between being RL individually and as a local group in force. There is no RL Endor Base in the Seattle area, merely individuals who could belong to it just in name only.
Kr0nk ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

OK kiddies, here's the deal.  What Amanda is referring to is that we've been told that at Cons or public appearances that we can't represent both Alpha Base and RL at the same time, essentially forcing us to choose sides.  However, we are currently trying to figure out ways of working together without crossing the boundries set out before us.

I don't expect anyone else from Alpha to rehash this topic again.  If you have an issue, bring it up with me or Kai in email or at a meeting.

I also want to apologize to Chris for bringing all of this drama in just as he is given all this new responsibility.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

Hi Kr0nk

Thanks for the support and the update. Fingers crossed we can figure this thing out soon.

If there is any I can help with let me know.

Take care

Chris

Kr0nk ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

No problem Chris.

We have a couple of good cons happening soon in our area such as NorWesCon and CreationCon Seattle.  If you guys have anyone coming up this way we'd love to get together with you guys.  They just opened a Hooters down the road...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
transferred ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

Kronk,

What I said was to be taken that if you're sitting at the Rebel Legion fan table, you're not going to be wearing your Alpha base stuff. It doesn't mean you can't say "I'm also in Alpha Base". For example, at C2 we were one of 9 tables (22 applied) for fan tables. We went through hoops to get it, as did everyone who got one, even the 501st, and I would think it would be reasonable to expect that anyone behind would BE a Rebel Legion member AND talk about the Rebel Legion, not promote another club at the same time.

Mookie
Padme Amanda ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

Kr0nk, I was just trying to clear up both sides of this issue because there seemed to be some misunderstandings; it wasn't my intent to try and hype it up again or anything. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes there or anything, but I've always believed in trying to understand both sides of an argument because it usually helps smooth things out better if people understand where eachother are coming from.  That's the last of my 2 cents.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:20 am    Post subject: Hello & Welcome to the new Endor Base Reply with quote

You didn't step on mine.

Mookie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: