Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9a93dfb215deb40ce8a146bc775d98a4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rey WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evardell (Emily Vardell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Rey WIP Reply with quote

Here's a link to some photos of my costume:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pfzuytqsvq5msy8/AADbLjsSG7foY7s5patJTqjma?dl=0

I still need to finish the collar. In the standards it currently says the collar should be cut, folded back, and top stitched to make a V-neck. I would like to make a Henley collar, as I think that is closer to what the photos show the neck line looking like. However, I want to confirm that my costume could still be approved with a Henley collar (with no buttons and a half-inch thickness).

I also need to finish the sleeves. I am also planning to tea-dye the pants to make them darker.

I have the side bag and Po-Zu boots but didn't have them available for the photos.

Thank you for your guidance! I am really excited at how the costume is shaping up!
Anne Stardust (Anne-Marie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted my Rey costume a few weeks ago. I am back to a WIP because I have a few things to fix. One being the neck line. They do want a V-neck. Also you may want to lengthen your wrap. Mine was the same length as yours but I was told it was too short. They want all ends including the loop to be under the knee but above the boot. Good luck! They recently posted detailed reference pictures that are very useful.
ashleyofnaboo ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you doing this by hand, or did you buy some of it?
Anne Stardust (Anne-Marie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the wrap by hand. The shirt I bought but altered by hand. I re-did the sleeves so they are capped and altered the neckline which now looks more like a Henley collar. My alterations paid off because I was accepted last month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: