Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=62fdcbf6804224a7c5904a978106afedMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endorian of the Month - May 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Endorian of the Month - May 2016 Reply with quote

Continuing on to May, Endor Base is proud to share with you JedHead (Matt Tolosa) as the Endorian of the Month! Matt has been involved with, and a big part of Endor Base for many, many years.

1. Tell us something about yourself

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977, and it got me interested in filmmaking, which I studied in college and have a Bachelors Degree in. My jobs have always been customer-related - I'm a "people person"!

2. How long have you been involved with the Rebel Legion:

I've been with the Rebel Legion since June 2003.

3. Positions held (past or present)?

I've been a Regional Base Captain for Endor Base, as well as the Legion Executive Officer under another Matt (Hofmann), with whom I share a birthday!

4. What costume(s) do you have?

I have a Luke Jedi costume from ROTJ, which is actually six different variations seen in the film, depending on the adding or deleting of certain parts (cloak, belt, glove, vest). I also have Luke's Endor commando costume, and Anakin Skywalker's padawan costume from Attack of The Clones and his Jedi costume from Revenge of The Sith, which is one of only a few costumes that are accepted both by the Rebel Legion AND the 501st!

5. What costumes do you have in the works (if any)?

Eventually, I'd like to have Luke's Medal Ceremony costume from A New Hope, and his Dagobah/Bespin fatigues from The Empire Strikes Back. I'd also like to get Poe Dameron's pilot or his costume with the leather jacket from The Force Awakens.

6. Do you have a favorite Troop/event:

My favorite events are the Star Wars Celebrations, which my brother and I have both been fortunate to have gone to all seven of the ones held in the U.S. I've met so many people from around the world, who I get to keep in touch with on social media, and every time we meet at a Celebration, it's like a great reunion!

7. What is your first Star Wars memory?

In May of 1977 in Pacifica, CA., I got up one Saturday morning to my ritual of watching cartoons while eating cereal. A trailer for Star Wars came on, and I was amazed! I distinctly remember seeing Chewie's face during the gunport sequence. I immediately woke my parents up and begged them to take me to see it. Unfortunately, only 32 theaters in the country at the time, and the one nearest us (The Coronet in San Francisco) was always sold out. I ended up seeing it at the Geneva Drive-In in Daly City, with my dad, my brother Dale, and my cousins Sam and Josephine. Once the Star Destroyer went overhead, I was hooked. After the film we went to my cousins' house and all talked about it, especially about "the Force".

8. Favorite Star Wars movie:

My favorite film is the first one I saw, which later became Episode IV: A New Hope. Everything was just so perfect to me: story, characters, visuals, sounds, effects, music, etc. Plus it's the only film that has a satisfactory ending, making it like a stand-alone film.

9. Favorite Star Wars Character:

Growing up my favorite character was Luke, but as I grew older, I got to identify with Han and later, Anakin. But I've always liked R2 and the Millennium Falcon as "characters", but my favorite is something you don't even see onscreen - John Williams' music.

10. Any Social Media/Business to plug:

Find me on Facebook!

https://m.facebook.com/jedhead1

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: