Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f2d35ce0ae4b59359febcb64d9a98d1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New Standard] Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 3-5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: [New Standard] Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 3-5 Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

The Costume Standards Committee has proposed the new standard about Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 3-5

Author: Anakin Skywalker

Debate time: 2 weeks

End Date: 04/27/2016

In this thread all members of the Detachment can contribute their ideas, suggestions and modifications

Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 3-5

Headpiece:

Togruta headpiece in egg or off white, with grey-ish blue bands. Must match reference.

Skin:

Orange with accurate markings.

Dress top:

Sleeveless burgundy, dress top, that cover butt and crouch. Must have high collar and inverted teardrop hole in the chest and open back. Fabric should have no shine, moleskin or similar preferred.

Armband:

Four armband, that make a pattern of three diamond shapes. Must be same color and material as the dress.

Gloves:

Dark burgundy fingerless gloves, in leather or similar, must reach just below the elbow.

Bracers:

A brownish burgundy leather bracer, slightly darker than the dress. Bracers have 3 buckles with H cut out.

Belts:

One tan main belt, resting on the hips. Two tan belts hang from the main belt down to the hip joint. On the back is a tan leather pouch. The buckle is a hexagonal and silver.
on the belts must be two covertecs on lower belts and two silver foodcaps on main belt.

Tab:

A pale pink, elongated pentagonal, with correct markings in pale purple. In suede or similar. Pattern must match reference

Pants:

Leggins or tights in grey, the leggings should have 6 diamond shaped cutouts, the top one bigger than the others.

Boots:

Boots are a brownish burgundy color and are two parts, leather must be slightly darker than dress. One leather ankle boot and leather half chaps. The half chaps have 5 brass colored buckles, with a H cutout. Light weathering is recommended but not a must.

Accessories:

Necklace: gold cord with a diamond in gold
Silver ceremonial chain on montrals, going under back lekku with a loos end on the right side mimicking the Padawanbraid. (billed)

On page Detachment KJO there are many images that can help us.

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=ahsoka-tano-tcw-season-3-4-5

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Last edited by Oraculo (Agustín) on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Standards Revision - New - Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:

Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 3-5

Headpiece:

Togruta headpiece in egg or off white, with grey-ish blue bands. Must match reference.

Skin:

Orange with accurate markings.

Dress top:

Sleeveless burgundy, dress top, that cover butt and crouch. Must have high collar and inverted teardrop hole in the chest and open back. Fabric should have no shine, moleskin preferred.

Please use another word. if i translate it to my language, you would need the flur of a smal animal. for mee it seems to be velour or hunting calf

Armband:

Four armband, that make a pattern of three diamond shapes. Must be same color and material as the dress.

Gloves:

Dark burgundy fingerless gloves, in leather or similar, must reach just below the elbow.

Bracers:

A brownish burgundy leather bracer, slightly darker than the dress. Bracers have 3 buckles with H cut out.

I see it as the same material as the dress and the armband. On some pictures it seems that the Gloves are little bit darker (brownish) like the rest of the Costume.
I would not make such a extrem detail for the buckles, because it would be impossible to organize buckles like this.

Belts:

One tan main belt, resting on the hips. Two tan belts hang from the main belt down to the hip joint. On the back is a tan leather pouch. The buckle is a hexagonal and silver.
on the belts must be two covertecs on lower belts and two silver foodcaps on main belt.

Its a question of explanation.
there are 2 belts that come together on the front (under the buckle) and back (under the pouch). the higher one must sit on the hips the other one must hang down to the hip joint.

Tab: ? = Tabard (please no shortcuts) ... wouldnt it be better to call it "loincloth"

A pale pink, elongated pentagonal, with correct markings in pale purple. [color=orange] In suede or similar. Pattern must match reference

Pants:

Leggins or tights in grey, the leggings should have 6 diamond shaped cutouts, the top one bigger than the others.

Boots:

Boots are a brownish burgundy color and are two parts, leather must be slightly darker than dress. One leather ankle boot and leather half chaps. The half chaps have 5 brass colored buckles, with a H cutout. Light weathering is recommended but not a must.

Seems to me the same color / material like the rest of the costume. No different materials between boots and chaps. The buckles are to extremly detailed.

Accessories:

Necklace: gold cord with a diamond in gold
Silver ceremonial chain on montrals, going under back lekku with a loos end on the right side mimicking the Padawanbraid. (billed)

On page Detachment KJO there are many images that can help us.

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=ahsoka-tano-tcw-season-3-4-5

Best Regards!

To make special details is ok. But i think we always have to be careful if it is a computer animated (painted) character.
The animated characters many times have details that are not possible to produce. Please always think about that humans have to build and wear the costumes.

Example:
the buckles - they should close the armwraps and the chaps. you can make the "H" pattern out of other material, but you cant make it funktional. Then the people start to glue the H on other buckles, the H will fall down and be lost .... its to much detail ...

the "tab", pale pink suede ... painted? .. you have to be tanner or leatherworker to make the suede pale pink, so it is nearly impossible to produce it.

the armband .. a possiblity that it looks good is to paint it. if you make 4 single armband they wont stay on position they will slip. i would suggest not to make it so specific to say "4 armband" ... they should look like .. but if it is only 1 piece with a very smal connection on the innerside of the arm i think it would be ok.

yours
Leroni

Ps: sorry for the bad english, i am not native speaker but i try to do my best.
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Bookworm ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the lightsabers? As I see it, the main lightsaber is rather difficult to get and I don't now how accurat it is. I also don't know if there is any possibility to get the Shoto. So, should sabers, that look vaguely like that (silver with a green/yellow blade) be also admitted? I would like a not totally screen-accurate-option out of do-ability.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to get the lightsabers though I can't speak to the cost. I know they can be 3D printed and I've seen scratch builds as well.

As for the armbands it is quite possible to make them as I've seen it done. Smile Paint wouldn't look right as they would not match the dress and lack the depth of fabric.
The same goes for the buckles though the ones I've seen are nonfunctional and only decorative.

I agree that it should be 'moleskin or similar' preferred.

And the loincloth or tabard or whatever you wish to call it can be done in other creative ways and still achieve the correct look. Our local Ahsoka bought fake pink suede and used a pen to draw in the markings. No leather working knowledge required. Spray painting would also be a good option if you need to change the color of a larger piece of material.

It's all about getting creative when finding solutions. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree that it should be 'moleskin or similar' preferred.

thank you, moleskin is a material that is not often produced these days. its an "old" material.

Quote:
... Our local Ahsoka bought fake pink suede and used a pen to draw in the markings.

I am ok with this.
I only took it as example, that too specific materials will make it impossible for normal people to make a costume. if a fake or something similar is accepted it is ok.
I only asked not to use shortcuts please. if its a tabard, it should be called tabard not tab.

Quote:

Armband should look like 4 armband, that make a pattern of three diamond shapes. .... would be a possibility ...
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

Modifications added. The time of the first stage ended.

Now the voting begins at the Detachment forum in this thread

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76119

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: