Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4942b6738a0b45d15b574172572bbb62Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One: Cassian Andor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tkedt ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indy Magnoli wrote:
Just finished our jacket and VERY happy with the results:

Should have it added to our site next week.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

What is the color of the blood stripes on the jacket?
Indy Magnoli (Indy Magnoli)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tkedt wrote:
Indy Magnoli wrote:
Just finished our jacket and VERY happy with the results:

Should have it added to our site next week.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

What is the color of the blood stripes on the jacket?

They are a light tan in that photo, but we've been making them a bit darker now to be more screen accurate.

Kind regards,
Magnoli
jedimastermolina (Alan)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have any Cassians cleared yet?

KJO DXO / LCJ Legion Costume Judge /
pattakinskywlkr ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on the belt and holster?
Policeman Bob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone looking for decent boots...These are the best I've seen offered online:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-Jyn-Erso-and-Cassian-Andor-Shoes-Cosplay-BOOTS/302286329809?_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D62e610fb129e46cbb8caa9a2aff7f874%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D302286329809&_trkparms
Policeman Bob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Belt holster Reply with quote

I'm hoping I get these images to attach correctly. I had a guy make my holster that usually does Indiana Jones related gear. You can find him on facebook under, screencappedleather. My Andor belt was a first for him and it was before the movie was out, so there are a few inaccuracies, but overall I think it nails the look.

Policeman Bob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Canvas belt "bullets" Reply with quote

I posted this on RPF as well. Not sure if everyone noticed Cassian has another set of those "bullets" on his canvas web belt. I attached a screen cap and the close up is my version, which is a basic bullet holder but I had to paint it to match the canvas belt.

CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Canvas belt "bullets" Reply with quote

Awesome idea. I sewed mine to the belt and it was a nightmare. What did you use for the greeblies?

Policeman Bob wrote:
I posted this on RPF as well. Not sure if everyone noticed Cassian has another set of those "bullets" on his canvas web belt. I attached a screen cap and the close up is my version, which is a basic bullet holder but I had to paint it to match the canvas belt.
DhawardKrayt (Alex Henry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which belt is it on? the green British military belt or the holster?

Mandalorian Mercs: Firaxan Clan
Rebel Legion: Alderaan Base
Policeman Bob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Belt Reply with quote

Quote:

Awesome idea. I sewed mine to the belt and it was a nightmare. What did you use for the greeblies?

The "bullet" greeblies were 3-D printed by Traywick Designs on Etsy and I painted. These should be the same in both belts but in my case the holster was made before the movie and therefore the bullet holders are closer to shotgun shell size, so I used some larger hose connectors that i painted copper/brass colored. And to answer another post...The ones in the canvas holder are attached to the canvas web military belt. As for my web belt I ordered the dessert sand but it appeared very green to me, so I added some tan paint and then dirtied it up.

[/img]
ichnob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I caved and pre-ordered Anovos' Cassian jacket. We'll see how much delayed they will be with their Winter 2017 target release date.

https://www.anovos.com/products/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-cassian-andor-jacket-pre-order
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ichnob wrote:
Well, I caved and pre-ordered Anovos' Cassian jacket. We'll see how much delayed they will be with their Winter 2017 target release date.

https://www.anovos.com/products/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-cassian-andor-jacket-pre-order

Ha! You, too? I couldn't resist, either. I've almost pulled the trigger on Magnoli's a bunch of times. I don't look anything like Cassian, but I might be able to use it as some sort of generic resistance commander. Otherwise it'll just be an awesome light jacket for everyday wear. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
ichnob wrote:

Ha! You, too? I couldn't resist, either. I've almost pulled the trigger on Magnoli's a bunch of times. I don't look anything like Cassian, but I might be able to use it as some sort of generic resistance commander. Otherwise it'll just be an awesome light jacket for everyday wear. Smile

Yup, I wanted to have Cassian done for Dragon Con 2018 or Celebration 2019. So I'm not exactly holding out hope that Anovos will make it in time for Dragon Con. Come Christmas 2018, if it's still not there, then I'll order Magnoli's, then probably resell whichever jacket I like less.

It will probably be the Anovos one since Magnoli does custom sizing, and I'm between M & L for Anovos' sizing.
DhawardKrayt (Alex Henry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing a lot of their other stuff (TKs, Kylos, Krennic) im not impressed with their quality unfortunately so i dont have high hopes. Though if they were to make Cassians blue vest id probably get it to mod it into a acceptable range

Mandalorian Mercs: Firaxan Clan
Rebel Legion: Alderaan Base
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DhawardKrayt wrote:
After seeing a lot of their other stuff (TKs, Kylos, Krennic) im not impressed with their quality unfortunately so i dont have high hopes. Though if they were to make Cassians blue vest id probably get it to mod it into a acceptable range

What are you talking about? Anovos' delivery times are atrocious. No doubt about that. And their customer service leaves something to be desired. And their prices on SOME items are absolutely stratospheric. But their quality? Let's review:

Their TK armor, while not super heavy duty, has accuracy that is excellent. I have quite a few troops in on mine. It's not perfect in every way for every person, but there is no TK vendor who can make that claim. And only one or two VERY expensive kits come close to Anovos' screen accuracy.

Their Kylo helmet is among the best.

Their Imperial Officer uniforms are among the best that have been made. I'd say only Clothears are in the same strata.

I agree the Krennic prototypes on display have been a little strange, but we can't really judge for sure until the final product ships. The color, and a cloak seam, seem to be the sole issues, either of which could be changed in the final shipping product.

The Bespin Han Solo and Luke Skywalker outfits have been as close to perfect as any product could hope to be.

They also have excellent Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica costumes, too... which actually ship on time, in general.

You can quibble with their price, and DEFINITELY their ability to deliver on schedule, but actual QUALITY issues (other than occasional issues that any vendor occasionally has with a random bad piece that slipped past QC) are few and far between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: