Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d6f60b58180143a15552a1ec6651a194Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One: Cassian Andor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving this build.
Have you weathered it up yet? as in the film it's seriously dirty.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravoleader wrote:
Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
I'm on the hunt for some corellian blood stripes myself actually. Does anyone have a good source for them? Doing a Cassian/generic Rebel trooper costume, and my jacket is lacking a good set of stripes.

I second this.

Regarding the rankbar, what do you guys think is a correct size? 7x7 or 8x8 ?
I appreciate it is a square and not a rectangle having checked that the general has 5 dots and they are all equally spaced.

F

When you say "Corellian blood stripes" I gather you referring to the stripes down pant lets, or the stripes down the sleeves as seen on many of the rebels in r1?

I've seen one guy who used Han Solo pants stripes (readily available on eBay) and sewed them down his sleeve, but obviously those are not accurate for jacket sleeves.
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm talking about for the sleeves. Idk what else to call them, because the jackets are Corellian cut, and they have blood stripes down the arms, so I just call them Corellian blood stripes lol.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order
Galactic Stategic Command
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
Yeah I'm talking about for the sleeves. Idk what else to call them, because the jackets are Corellian cut, and they have blood stripes down the arms, so I just call them Corellian blood stripes lol.

I hear ya.

Yeah, I really want to find a source for that, too. I really want some of those jackets, (totally perfect for a casual jacket!) but need a source other than Magnoli.
PHX101 ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravoleader wrote:
Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
I'm on the hunt for some corellian blood stripes myself actually. Does anyone have a good source for them? Doing a Cassian/generic Rebel trooper costume, and my jacket is lacking a good set of stripes.

I second this.

I appreciate it is a square and not a rectangle having checked that the general has 5 dots and they are all equally spaced.

F

I'm not sure the proper size myself, but i'd say it looks near maybe 2 1/2 inches based off this picture?

Cassian Bust Pic

I was also curious if you made this 3-D Schematic yourself, and if you did -- were you also thinking about doing the Combadge as well?
I know personally that's my biggest piece of the puzzle to solve. :/
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHX101 wrote:
bravoleader wrote:
Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:

I second this.

F

I'm not sure the proper size myself, but i'd say it looks near maybe 2 1/2 inches based off this picture?

Cassian Bust Pic

I was also curious if you made this 3-D Schematic yourself, and if you did -- were you also thinking about doing the Combadge as well?

I believe the OT rank badges were 2" x 2", and these look to be the same size.

Do you mean the chest greeblie? There's a guy who modeled it and has the 3D model available to download, if that's helpful: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/left-chest-greeblie-26082

He didn't upload it to Shapeways for some reason, but you might be able to ping him and ask that he do so, if you don't have access to a printer.
CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently re-working the stripes on the sleeves, My initial version used the embroidered "bloodstripes" sewn into the sleeves and while it looks okay, I'd really like to get as close to screen accurate as possible. Inspecting, the Columbia Jynn jacket, it looks like the stripes were made from a box-pleated microsuede with the pleats painted pale yellow. This is something that can definitely be done, but i'd like to see if anybody has any other ideas?
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelmscreamer wrote:
I am currently re-working the stripes on the sleeves, My initial version used the embroidered "bloodstripes" sewn into the sleeves and while it looks okay, I'd really like to get as close to screen accurate as possible. Inspecting, the Columbia Jynn jacket, it looks like the stripes were made from a box-pleated microsuede with the pleats painted pale yellow. This is something that can definitely be done, but i'd like to see if anybody has any other ideas?

Extensive research at the RPF has determined the bloodstripes on the sleeves were actually silk screened puff ink. (you silk screen the stripes on with special ink, apply heat, and the ink puffs up)

They're not pleats, and they're not embroidered. Which sucks, for those who don't have silk screening equipment. Sad

The Columbia jackets are no accurate in a long list of ways. (shocker, I'm sure)
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH! It's a little kid's puff piece, but there are some good references for Cassian's costume in this video, which has him in costume being interviewed. Some of the clearest shots I've seen so far! (at least until we get the blu ray)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8fnO97cvu8

Ooh, and another showing more costumey goodness! (not as directly Cassian-related, but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ovK6_06Nk
Darkshifter82 (Blake Holmes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if a draft of Cassian Andor's outfit requirements had been completed yet?

I know there is a lot of different costumes he wore (not Imperial): Yavin, Eadu, Scariff battle. Wilhelmscreamer has done such a good job with his version.
PHX101 ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
PHX101 wrote:
bravoleader wrote:
Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:

I second this.

F

Cassian Bust Pic

I believe the OT rank badges were 2" x 2", and these look to be the same size.

Do you mean the chest greeblie? There's a guy who modeled it and has the 3D model available to download, if that's helpful: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/left-chest-greeblie-26082

He didn't upload it to Shapeways for some reason, but you might be able to ping him and ask that he do so, if you don't have access to a printer.

Yes that's what I meant! Thank you very much I'll try contacting him. Smile
PHX101 ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey -- another notion.

Has anyone considered or seen anyone printing pieces to make Cassian's Sniper Rifle? I personally would love to have the build for one (One that I can take apart)

That -- and the Nerf one, which has enough problems as is, is a whopping 80 bucks. I'd much rather pay that much for one that "functions".
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some updates to my Cassian build.

My initial jacket build utilized embroidered Han Solo ESB blood stripes. While they looked okay, I was ultimately unhappy with them, so I decided to do a rebuild.

I decided I would do a screen print with puff additive to get it as close to screen accurate as I could. I initially spaced the stripes a 1" by .4" with 1" by .2" gaps. That gave me about 36-38 stripes per arm, which is nowhere near enough. Diego Luna is about my height, so unless his arms are abnormally longer than mine (which i doubt as I have given gorillas a run for the money), I needed to adjust my design.

One thing I noticed is that the puff additive grew the stripes to about .5".

I ultimately decided to shrink them to .3" and ran two news screens, the first at 1" by .3" with .2" gaps and one at 1" by .3" with .1" gaps which

I used speedball fabric printing ink in yellow, white, and brown, and made two mixes 6:3:1 and 6:3:2 respectively. I mixed in Jacquard Puff Additive at roughly 15% by weight. I used a heat gun to set the ink and create the puff effect.

The 1" by .3" with .1" gaps stripes were definitely off. They were ultimately too crowded and not even worth viewing. The stripes with 1" by .3" with .2" gaps. looked correct and if i leave my sleeves just a tad long, I'll end up with about 51 stripes.

I believe that the set on the right are more true to the color, so I went with those.

This view gives a nice visual of the 3 dimensional puff effect.

I am ultimately happy I decided to redo the entire jacket as this time I did a lighter contrast stitching and I think it makes it really pop.

I'll post more when I finish the jacket.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is V2.0 of the jacket. Much happier with this one. although it is largely the same as the first one. I feel that the stripes here are much more accurate. I also flipped the zipper, got more accurate buckles, and used a lighter thread for the contrast stitching. Now to work on the vest.

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished the flak vest the other night!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: