Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=90d2d8e412124b3eb95c6b552502244aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One Offical Trailer released (mild spoilers?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac Bragg ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Rogue One Offical Trailer released (mild spoilers?) Reply with quote

We're back!

Looks like a "cold weather" style flightsuit - some bulk/insulation. Heavier texture on the harness. Chestbox, vest and helmets - no change.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many ribs on everything Surprised
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This definitely looks like an awesome movie. Can't wait.

Personally, the costume I'm looking forward to the most is that guy with the tan clothes and the red armor with the big red tank on his back. The guy with the long black hair and black beard. Can't wait to see more pictures of him... I'm thinking of making that costume. Just need some better references. Very Happy

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GearsMcT ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flare belt above the boot with a slash of orange between. Nice.
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot gloves look like they could be different as well. Also looks like there's a communicator on the glove as well as the wrist commpad.

Also on the top picture, do the flightsuits look nylon to you?
DL (Johan Hanson)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the same wrist comm communicator on the gauntlet as in ESB, but rotated 90°. I recognized them first in the UHD screencap, but I recognized them because a long time ago, I sculpt it and used to sell casts.

The gloves look like they are ribbed on top.

Some of the pockets on the flightsuits look like a different fabric. Clearly those must have been real-world flight suits that they have modified.

Chest boxes now have the white ring near the top be a round greeblie. It has been common among home-made chest boxes to use a bare metal fender washer for that ring -- where as it was white on all screen-used chest boxes, which means that it must have been painted or a decal.

Funny how the pilots belts are tan now. All X-wing pilots in the Old Trilogy had belts made of the same grey webbing as the Ejection Straps but a pilot costume has been displayed in exhibitions with an tan belt. From incorrect to canon ... Razz
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These gloves definitely don't have as much flare in the gauntlet as the original trilogy. And do they look more red to you, like the Ep 7 flight suits? And a lot of the Yavin crew do have heavy clothes on... Dantooine must have been cold, and they haven't dressed for the weather yet. Or else Yavin isn't as hot as we imagine.

And I'll definitely be watching if any of the 1977 helmets end up in screen. I think I saw General Dodonna in the trailer.
Chewbakken ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold 5 in Rogue One?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13256028_1218322681534450_4463184751061557267_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=fc22f4877a5b838d6666b1c3b26ef6c3&oe=57D49285

Looking closely, the cross in the circular insignia as seen from the front of the ANH helmet ( Darthhair helmet pic added for additional reference ) is straight up and down whereas the Rogue One cross is angled slightly inward. Also, the helmet on the third pilot with the red and white checker markings looks very similar in style to Janson's helmet from ESB. Can't wait to see what other surprises may be in store for us when the movie opens!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: