About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bb61b7c273bc177c30ba51a26d16966bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Republic Clonetroopers Check in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jevaho (Jeffrey Van Hove)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find those awesome sholder pauldrons? I need one, since I decided to make my clone 327th baby! Wink Any pointers?

Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like Ashton's work, IIRC. If you're looking for top notch pauldrons, he's the one to go to.

Master Jevaho (Jeffrey Van Hove)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obey Wann wrote:
They look like Ashton's work, IIRC. If you're looking for top notch pauldrons, he's the one to go to.

How can I contact him?

IanL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Jevaho wrote:
Obey Wann wrote:

How can I contact him?

http://www.ashtonomicon.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ian, wasn't sure if I could post that in the open here.

Well, one full day of OT down to pay for my clone armor. I'm expecting a couple more this month. yay! OT = armor. Cool

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do that here, Bill, this isn't the TF.N JC C&P forum. wink2

It's still a public board, but a little more "private" than the TF.N boards. Plus, LFL knows we are a costuming club.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough, but the rules on CT.n are rather rigid. Kinda funny, because it seems like we can talk about some things clone more freely here or on the main 501st forums than we can there. Cool

Quote:
Plus, LFL knows we are a costuming club.

Now you're really hitting on something that I'm wondering about. Since LFL knows we (RL, 501st) are costuming clubs, and he obviously approves of what we do (to a point), why are we still hedging around the issue of who makes what, etc? (keeping names of armor makers quiet, etc)

It's just something that doesn't quite make sense. I thought LFL had quieted down on the C&D letters.

Of course, with that, I'd really, really love to get some sneak peaks of the ARC troopers from the new CGI CW cartoon, so my ARC is accurate before the show comes out. Wink Very Happy (yeah, I'm smokin' something. Rolling Eyes )

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFL is turning a blind eye, legally speaking. As long as the prop builders don't get too popular or start blatently advertising, then they're relatively safe. It's still copyright infringement any way you look at it, but because we regulate ourselves and conduct ourselves in a very respectful manner then the "suits" at LFL are willing to let us "slide".

That's how I see it. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't post anything that a google search wouldn't have revealed. Plus Ashton is pretty discreet in his descriptions. If you ask me, he's not selling SW props Rolling Eyes Laughing

I would be wary of listing Armor makers however, I think for the most part we stick to initials there, FX, SDS, RA, PA etc.
IanL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obey Wann wrote:
True enough, but the rules on CT.n are rather rigid. Kinda funny, because it seems like we can talk about some things clone more freely here or on the main 501st forums than we can there. Cool

The problem with openly discussing things on CT.N (and offering sales, etc.) is that it IS the high-profile site for clone info. We get tons of newbies on there who don't want to "pay their dues" and learn about the 501st. The moderators there have a continuous fight on their hands to maintain order. Some things (like the WTB rule) are kinda silly, but it does keep the rifraff posts to a minimum.

On the 501st site we have free reign to speak freely because it is "members-only".
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it was something like that. Smile I don't mind paying my dues --I think it is a good way to build the comraderie and teamwork that make costuming and trooping so much fun, especially for something like armor.

Now on simple costumes (like the RFT), it is nice being able to just say "here's your shopping list, go at it." Smile

I'm anxiously looking forward to the paycheck that lets me make to armor purchase. :twisted: Even if I don't have a lot of time to build it.trim & paint it, I just want to have it in my grubby little mitts. Mr. Green

Foxbatkllr ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Jevaho wrote:
Where did you find those awesome sholder pauldrons? I need one, since I decided to make my clone 327th baby! Wink Any pointers?

I made my own out of leather. It's not ashton's. I'd make another for a fair price. wink2
Jedi Rex ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bountys Hunted from C.net here!

Working on a 41st Clone. In the white/grey paint scheme. The outfit just needs helmet, boots, blaster to become a Trooper. All either on the way, or working on.

I will also be able to switch it out to a "Commander" version of my own design, with a different helmet paint scheme (yeah, two helmets!), another set of arms w/ grey "stripes" on them, kama w/ twin holsters and a DC-15.

After that, I have sitting forlornly in the box, a suit of PA Republic Commando Armor that is going to become Omega Squad.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Rex, you've been branching out the last couple of years!

I remember back to the days of Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy message forum, when you just had your custom Mando armor. wink2 Don't remember if you had your Jedi back then, too.

And now you've got Endor Commando too! Among others. Very Happy I just saw the list you posted of what you've made in the past year.
Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Rex ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lori!

I sure have! I did have the Jedi outfit too, back in the days of Protector Cade. It was ironic, my custom Mando colors- When "Open Seasons" #3, came out, I was stunned to see Jango wearing my exact colors!! Very Happy Too cool!

Yeah, I've done so many outfits since then. And still haven't finished my ESB Boba!! Rolling Eyes

Funny you mention my custom Mando, I'm thinking of dusting it off, well parts of it, and throwing together another one. A buddy is making a custom Mando helmet, very unique, and it's tempting me greatly...

Like I don't have enough costumes on the "to-do" list anyway!! Laughing Laughing

And, I've thought about doing oh heck, can't remember his name now...the Jedi who was a double agent vs Dooku- survived the Order 66, has a yellow stripe under his eyes...what's his name?!

And...there was pic in the Insider awhile back, about a Arc who "retired" and started a private security service...I thought that was pretty cool, and I'm thinking of that one too...

I know...total nutso! Is this a great hobby or what?! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: