Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a697321f2b122346a43c6453599f7751Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jacobise - Generic Jedi (WIP) Lots of Pics - Updated 04/17
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Jacobise - Generic Jedi (WIP) Lots of Pics - Updated 04/17 Reply with quote

As the title states, this my WIP thread for a generic Jedi, my first RL costume. As I am artistically challenged, I have opted to research and purchase the parts of the costume. I will however be painting some of my purchased props and doing some custom work on my boots thanks to Pandatrooper.

This first post will document the robes themselves and the costume as a whole. The next 2 posts will detail the boot weathering process and the other accessories respectively.

Robes:

After much research based on comfort, accuracy, and budget, I decided to order a set of robes from Roberta's SpeedyCostumes on Etsy/eBay. She was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and making sure that she had all of my necessary measurements to make sure the costume would be correctly tailored.

Here is the original listing and photo.

*This is Roberta's model. Not me.*
https://www.etsy.com/listing/110578285/wool-robe-tunic-pants-set-for-jedi-or

The costume seems to meet all of the necessary standards besides the simplicity of the leather belt. I've decided to go with a different belt which you can find in my accessories post down the page.

From the images provided from the listing, I had my sister use her photoshop skills to do some mockups of different color combinations. The one I ended up going with isn't included in these mockups but I decided I should post them because someone on these forums will find them funny.

In the end, I went with the following colors due to the difference in fabrics.

Dickey - Brown
Tunic - Cream
Tabbard - Cream
Sash - Cream
Pants - Brown
Outer Robe - Brown

These options are closer to the original posting with the change of having brown pants and dickey.

I'll post pictures of my robes once I have them.

Costume (Pieces Completed):

Boots

Last edited by Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel) on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 13 times in total
Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reserving for Boot Weathering Pictures Reply with quote

Boots:

For the time being, I've gone cheap with the boots. I went with the brown Funtasma boots I've seen around here a lot. Thankfully, I was given a link to Pandatrooper's weathering tutorial on that same pair of boots. Here are the boots for anyone unfamiliar.

I have not decided whether I will be using the shin guards or not so I'm planning to weather them along with the boots and then I can switch them in and out at will. If I like them enough, I may find a way to permanently attach them.

As these boots are commercially available, there's really no source to credit. I found mine on sale at Jet.com with an additional 10% off code for signing up on the site. I think with shipping they came to about $45.

Here is the link to Pandatrooper's amazing tutorial I'll be following: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=424264&sid=4df3126b2856ffbedf31ede3faf83d3b

I went ahead and purchased the same colors and brand that Pandatrooper used with the exception of his black paint. So I'll be using Liquitex Basics Acrylic paint completely.

I should receive the paint on Friday and plan to weather the boots this weekend. I will post photos as I work on them.

*UPDATE March 24, 2016*

My paint and sponges arrived unexpectedly today, a day early. Way to go Amazon. Also a big shout out to the 22nd floor break room for the "paint stirrers" and newspaper.

*UPDATE March 26, 2016*

Well here they are. About an hour into the process, I strayed from Pandatrooper's guide and finished them my own way. The whole list of pictures are here and I'll include some select ones as well as my process below.

I decided to start with the spats. If I didn't like them, I'd still have an approveable pair of boots. When the spats turned out alright, I jumped in and did all of it.

Here is my area setup. As I live in an apartment, I commandeered the kitchen table as there is ample light from the windows.

I can't stress enough how important it is to test colors before starting. This next picture represents the burnt sienna alone and the black/burnt umber mixture. A little bit of this paint goes a LONG way. This is only 2 drops of burn sienna and the black/brown mixture is a total of 4 drops.

Here are the spats. One has been painted with its black/brown base coat and the other hasn't been touched for comparison.

And both painted with the base coat. I went ahead and set these aside to dry as I worked on the boots.

Here are the boots side by side, one with its black/brown base coat, the other untouched.

And both with their base coats. I started losing natural light here as the sun set so the image quality begins to degrade.

And here's the point that we begin to deviate from Pandatrooper's guide. For whatever reason, I had an absolutely terrible time with removing the base coat on the high points. I removed the areas he did with minor difficulty and it just looked terrible. I repainted those areas with the base coat and tried it again with no better luck. When I repainted those areas, my new paint mixture had a little more brown than before so it was lighter. In looking at it, I thought the varying colors looked great without needing to remove any paint and this gave me an idea.

I went over both boots in a somewhat random pattern with the new lighter black/brown mixture. Once this dried, I mixed up a brown/burnt sienna mixture. Unlike Pandatrooper, I NEVER used the burnt sienna on it's own. I went over the areas he initially removed and touched up with burnt sienna in his using my brown/burnt sienna mixture.

Here is a comparison of the boot that's been detailed with the one that only has the base coat. Again, hard to see the minor details with the lighting but you can tell the difference. "Finished" boot is on the left for anyone who can't tell.

Finally, here is the completed product. With the bad light and an iPhone 4S, the picture isn't ideal. I'll have my girlfriend take a better picture of them on me tomorrow with her legitimate camera.

They definitely have nothing on Pandatrooper's success but I do really love how they turned out. I may at some point go back over them with direct burnt sienna spots but for the time being, I'm happy with them.

I'm happy to answer any questions or provide support if anyone likes how mine turned out and wants to attempt it. Unfortunately, I can't help you make them look as good as Panda's. Haha

Last edited by Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel) on Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:22 am; edited 5 times in total
Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reserving for Accessories Reply with quote

This post will be following my various accessories. I'll layout a separate section for each piece.

Belt:

I wanted my belt to look authentic and be functional rather than using velcro. I felt the belt was one of the items I should make a sizeable investment in so that it would last a very long time. I finally settled on the Jedi belt being made by AEtherealDesigns on Etsy. Freya has been great at working with me on my customization options and I look forward to seeing the finished work. With her permission, here is an example of her work as well as the link to their listing.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/221437617/sale-100-veg-tanned-leather-jedisith?ref=shop_home_feat_4

The food capsules are not included and I'm showing the pouches separately below.

Pouches:

I also went with the pouches being made by AEtherealDesigns. Aside from playing it safe with making sure the pouches and the belt would match in color, I also loved the design of their pouches and their magnetic closures. Again with her permission, here is the picture and link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/248674676/jedi-pouches-set-of-3-100-veg-tanned?ref=shop_home_active_10

Food Capsules:

Food capsules are one of the readily available common enough items that you can find around. That being said, I really wanted these to be authentic. As the original Staedtler caps are out of circulation and drying up, Civilized Galactic Gear may be one of the last holdouts on these. I don't know how many he has left but they look fantastic. He was also great with communication despite being in the middle of some medical issues. I'll post my own pictures once I have them in hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-JEDI-FOOD-CAPSULES-made-from-Staedtler-Pen-Caps-/121659319172

*UPDATE March 28, 2016*

My Food Capsules arrived today. Here they are in all of their Staedtler glory.

Comlink and Holoprojector:

In my desperate search for a Gillette Excel Handle to make a Hush-98 Comlink, I came across the following 3D Print of it offered by Sedsti Skyfaller Designs over at Shapeways. I'm not sure if the printed version would qualify for a Qui-Gon film accurate costume but for a Generic Jedi, it should be fine with the right painting. This route was WAYYY cheaper than continuing my hunt for the razor handle and then piecing it together. He also has some other fantastic Star Wars prints I plan to purchase further down the line. I'm looking at you Republic Credit Chips. I did purchase a holoprojector from him as well. Further detail on that next. Here is the picture and link.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YBMEHZBA8/comm-link-v2?li=shop-results&optionId=58670795

I have a few recommendations from Sedsti on paints to use. I will update what I end up using as well as better pictures once I have the prints in hand.

As mentioned above, this piece is also from Sedsti. Same deal as before on painting, etc. Here is the picture and link.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9R74U35MJ/holo-comm?li=shop-results&optionId=43607310

FYI both the Comlink and Holoprojector were purchased in the White Strong and Flexible Polished option for the easiest painting.

*UPDATE March 26, 2016*

I have acquired the paints I'll be using for the commlink and holoprojector. Now I just have to wait for the 3D prints to arrive.

*UPDATE March 28, 2016*

I plan to store the comlink in one of my pouches. The holoprojector has been one of my up-in-the-airs though. I'm considering attaching it directly to the belt via magnet so I received these today. I'll toy around with it when I receive the models, but I think I should be able to paint over one attached to the bottom of the holoprojector and then conceal one on the inside of the belt.

*Penny for size comparison.

*UPDATE April 2, 2016*

Both 3D Prints arrived on Thursday and I painted them up today. Both are almost perfectly screen accurate regarding size though the Comlink is missing a few pieces to be screen accurate for Qui-Gon. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of them when they arrived so the pictures I have start with partially-painted items. They arrived in all white obviously. Here are both completed pieces.

Lightsaber:

REVISION April 2, 2016

Upon receiving the Ultrasaber lightsaber and reading even more horror stories regarding Saberforge and its CEO, I've decided to go with exclusively US products for the time being. A huge thank you goes out to my future base's XO Spencer Huff for making me aware of the grab bag option.

For the time being, the sabers I'll be buying are the stunt/no-sound sabers. I'll buy and install the soundboards myself at a later time.

So this is the big one I'm currently hung up on. I want something high quality here. And with months of research and reviews, I decided that I really want the Monarch from Saberforge with a Sunrider's Destiny coloring. Unfortunately, the specific color has to go through their Custom's division which is not taking orders at the moment. Somewhere down the line, I also want a red saber from them so here's the current situation I've gone with.

I've ordered just the hilt of my future red saber to serve as a stand-in to have my costume in June. I went with a 2-tone Oracle which as the hilt alone should meet the Generic Jedi Standards since it won't have a blade or color. This is the 2-toned oracle.

*Saberforge photos removed per above revision.*

*UPDATE March 25, 2016*

Per Spencer's suggestion down the page, I've decided to order a grab bag Sunrider's saber and blade from Ultrasabers and see what I get. I was unaware of the grab bag option so a big thanks for presenting that.

*UPDATE March 26, 2016*

The US grab bag saber shipped today. I am truly amazed at that speed, less than a 24 hour turn around. It's being shipped via FedEx 2-day so I should have it to post here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

*UPDATE April 2, 2016*

Alright everyone, the US saber arrived Wednesday and I'm absolutely in love with it. I like it so much that I've canceled my Saberforge order and purchased 3 more grab bag sabers (This was to qualify for their Spring Spend $300, get a free saber). This way, I can match the hilts to the blades as I wish and then sell whichever 2 combinations I like the least. Ultimately, I'll keep 3. The Sunrider's Destiny, a red saber for a future 501st costume, and another lightsided saber to use with this costume. Below is the one I currently have in hand.

Crystals:

Lastly, I found a fantastic gemstone/crystal seller on Etsy. These are more for my display plans than the costume but I felt they were worth posting. My order is currently in the mail and I'll upload pictures of the received product when they arrive. I'm also considering making a very simple leather cord necklace for the costume out of the Sunrider's Destiny Crystal (Green Calcite). Huge thank you to Marisol and her MayanRoseShop on Etsy for picking my order based on my previously shown Sunrider's reference picture.

The discussion about the necklace possibility is here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74122

Marisol's Etsy Shop is here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MayanRoseShop

I ordered the following items from her.

Green Calcite

Basic Clear Quartz

*UPDATE March 28, 2016*

My crystals arrived today, as did some leather cord I ordered to fashion a necklace. Here are the crystals as well as a very crude necklace I fashioned. I may go back and make a prettier version later.

*Penny for size comparison.

UPDATE April 2, 2016

I redid the necklace to a style a liked a little more. It conceals the crystal itself more than the other one but isn't as flimsy. Any input is welcomed.

Last edited by Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel) on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:20 am; edited 9 times in total
Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates for Today

My acrylic paints arrived so we are go for boot weathering this weekend. I also have a number of small items on track for delivery on Saturday so there should be a number of updates this weekend.

I also found a local modelling shop I plan to check out for further paint input for the comlink and holoprojector. Currently I'm thinking of doing a base silver/metallic spray paint and then detail with metallic acrylics by brush.

I definitely welcome any painting advice as this will be my first time working with 3d prints.
Alarion Ero'neth (Spencer C. Huff)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my two cents.

Costume - I have some nits and picks about it, but if it's something that you've already ordered, I'd be curious to see how it looks on you before commenting on.

Boots - These are solid. I know other Jedi who have been approved using these.

Belt - Seems okay and is a good price for a leather belt. Is there a reason that you don't want to have a belt with velcro?

Pouches - Those look good and are a decent price for leather pouches.

Food capsules - Civilized Galactic Gear's food capsules are some of the highest quality I've ever seen. You really can't go wrong with them.

Comlink - While a fun prop to have, Comlinks are not required for approval. If money is a concern, I would worry about getting these after getting your other costume components.

Holoprojector - Same as the Comlink.

Lightsaber - While Saberforge sabers are a work of art, they're renowned for being pricey and having a long wait. If you're looking to get approved sooner rather than later and want to save some money, I'd recommend getting a stunt Ultrasaber to get your foot in the door. Perhaps something like this:

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-initiatelev4.htm?&opZero=sel

Alternatively, if you want to take your chances, you can always opt for a grab bag lightsaber, which is a nice way of getting some of Ultrasabers higher-end hilts for cheap:

https://www.ultrasabers.com/GrabBag-p/grabbag.htm

If you're deadset on the Saberforge sabers, do you plan to get the saber with or without sound?

"As Jedi, we must do what is right - not what is easy."
Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alarion Ero'neth wrote:
Here's my two cents.

Costume - I have some nits and picks about it, but if it's something that you've already ordered, I'd be curious to see how it looks on you before commenting on.

I felt the same way in regards to individual pieces. I went ahead and ordered it and the seller was great about working with me. Once I have it, I'll compare it to all the guidelines then post pictures along with my own commentary. If there are alterations that need to be made for approval, I worked with a local tailor for my measurements that I'm sure would work with me on necessary alterations.

Boots - These are solid. I know other Jedi who have been approved using these.

Belt - Seems okay and is a good price for a leather belt. Is there a reason that you don't want to have a belt with velcro?

I've had velcro belts before on non-approvable Halloween costumes and the like. I don't necessarily hate it but it has to be "sized" every time and if you are doing it yourself, you have to put it on in the front and then spin it around. Since I was spending the extra money for something actually crafted out of leather, I figured I'd up the cost slightly for something functional. This way, I just need to size and cinch it then just buckle it in the front from then on unless I gain/lose weight.

Pouches - Those look good and are a decent price for leather pouches.

I linked the items separately for easier viewing. The seller offers a nice deal when you buy the bundle so both the belt and pouches were cheaper by ordering them together.

Food capsules - Civilized Galactic Gear's food capsules are some of the highest quality I've ever seen. You really can't go wrong with them.

Comlink - While a fun prop to have, Comlinks are not required for approval. If money is a concern, I would worry about getting these after getting your other costume components.

I thought about this for awhile and was going to scrap the idea for the time being after looking at the costs of individual components to build my own. When I found the 3D print, I thought it would be a nice intro piece if painted correctly. The lower cost lets me experiment with 3d model painting, lets me have a comlink for the costume (if ti comes out presentably), and keeps me under my overall budget cap.

Holoprojector - Same as the Comlink.

Same as the comlink.

Lightsaber - While Saberforge sabers are a work of art, they're renowned for being pricey and having a long wait. If you're looking to get approved sooner rather than later and want to save some money, I'd recommend getting a stunt Ultrasaber to get your foot in the door. Perhaps something like this:

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-initiatelev4.htm?&opZero=sel

Alternatively, if you want to take your chances, you can always opt for a grab bag lightsaber, which is a nice way of getting some of Ultrasabers higher-end hilts for cheap:

https://www.ultrasabers.com/GrabBag-p/grabbag.htm

If you're deadset on the Saberforge sabers, do you plan to get the saber with or without sound?

I definitely struggled with lightsaber decisions for awhile. I looked at US, SF, and a number of other smaller custom shops. In the end, I really love the hilts that SF offers even with the longer wait times. I put my order in for the Oracle hilt in late February so hopefully with it being a pretty standard hilt, it will meet my timetable. If I don't make the timetable, I'm not overly concerned. Good things come to those who wait.

As for the sound question, initially my Oracle will just be a completely empty hilt. I was ready and willing to drop upwards of $600 for the decked out Monarch I have planned but with the Customs Shop currently closed for orders, I decided to go simple for a temporary stand-in that would be an eventual display piece/possible sith costume for the 501st. When I do get what I want finally ordered, I plan the following.

Monarch with blade, LED, sound. Sunrider's Destiny colored blade.

Oracle with blade, LED, sound. Standard Red colored blade.

With this being my introduction to professional level costuming, my timeline for everything is pretty lax. I'll get the order in for my Monarch as soon as they are taking orders again and I have the funds. Then I'll update this costume with it. I don't see myself looking into the Oracle upgrades or 501st membership for probably a year or two after I get myself established here in RL.

Did you have any specific suggestions regarding sound or were you just asking out of curiosity?

Thanks for the response and suggestions Spencer.

My comments are in red.

-Jacob

EDIT: Looking more at the US grab bag option, I may consider ordering one to see what I get. RL approves dual saber users so I could always use both eventually or just have an extra for display at home. I appreciate this suggestion. I'm not sure how I didn't find the grab bag in my research.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belt - Yes, this is a legitimate concern with my velcro belt. I almost always need to have someone helping me get the belt on, otherwise the costume looks silly. If you expect to be trooping alone, or won't have someone around to help you get into costume, I think it's worth getting a leather belt with proper fasteners instead of a belt with velcro.

If you are going to have help, I can recommend the belts from Jedi Robe of America on Etsy. They're not terribly expensive and they do last a while. Again, the only complaint I have with them is what I mentioned above, but that's also because my belt fits pretty well around my waist. That being said, I have seen other Jedi having problems with velcro showing because of how their belt is sized. Some address this by putting extra pouches where the velcro shows, but if you ever decide to do a face character, this becomes a problem.

In short, I don't think it's a problem that you're getting a leather belt - just wanted to hear why you choose this route, as the belt is one of the components of the costume that you can save money on.

Lightsaber - I asked about the sound because it was something that I was deadset on having when I first started costuming, as I was planning on also using the lightsabers for dueling. Sound is one of the biggest things that drives up the cost of the lightsaber, and, as I've found over time, it's something that's effectively useless at 99% of troops. Usually you can't hear the sound because of how noisy a place is. Unless you plan on dueling with your lightsabers, the money that would go into sound is better spent elsewhere.

The only exception to that rule is if you want some of the fancier options offered with a Saberforge saber. With a sound-enabled Saberforge, you can make the blade itself flicker and can adjust that setting on the fly. It doesn't ever show up in pictures, of course, but it's extremely cool for people to see it in person. That's just about the only reason I would recommend sound.

Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alarion Ero'neth wrote:
Belt - Yes, this is a legitimate concern with my velcro belt. I almost always need to have someone helping me get the belt on, otherwise the costume looks silly. If you expect to be trooping alone, or won't have someone around to help you get into costume, I think it's worth getting a leather belt with proper fasteners instead of a belt with velcro.

If you are going to have help, I can recommend the belts from Jedi Robe of America on Etsy. They're not terribly expensive and they do last a while. Again, the only complaint I have with them is what I mentioned above, but that's also because my belt fits pretty well around my waist. That being said, I have seen other Jedi having problems with velcro showing because of how their belt is sized. Some address this by putting extra pouches where the velcro shows, but if you ever decide to do a face character, this becomes a problem.

In short, I don't think it's a problem that you're getting a leather belt - just wanted to hear why you choose this route, as the belt is one of the components of the costume that you can save money on.

Yeah, I definitely considered the Jedi Robe of America belt in my options as well as another velcro pleather belt from a seller on Etsy. With all the factors, the belt seemed like a good place to splurge for the functionality.

Lightsaber - I asked about the sound because it was something that I was deadset on having when I first started costuming, as I was planning on also using the lightsabers for dueling. Sound is one of the biggest things that drives up the cost of the lightsaber, and, as I've found over time, it's something that's effectively useless at 99% of troops. Usually you can't hear the sound because of how noisy a place is. Unless you plan on dueling with your lightsabers, the money that would go into sound is better spent elsewhere.

The only exception to that rule is if you want some of the fancier options offered with a Saberforge saber. With a sound-enabled Saberforge, you can make the blade itself flicker and can adjust that setting on the fly. It doesn't ever show up in pictures, of course, but it's extremely cool for people to see it in person. That's just about the only reason I would recommend sound.

I agree with you on all counts. Were I ordering the Monarch right now, I'd go ahead and get the sound since it's cheaper to go ahead and get it rather than eventually shipping it back for the upgrade (Unless I did it myself). For the time being, I'll go with just the SF hilt and I have decided to order a grab bag saber from US additionally. It will have the blade but no sound. Currently I own a 2006? Obi-Wan Force FX saber as a display piece I got for Christmas some years ago. Unfortunately its blade is not removable so it can't be worn and it won't shut up when you turn it on so it can't be used as a light.

I also don't see myself getting into dueling anytime soon (Eventually definitely) so I can save some money by going with the lower grade blades and purchase dueling blades down the line since they are all interchangeable based on diameter.

With the US saber without sound, I'll have both of these options with it. With the SF Monarch eventually, the sound can be toggled on and off for the best of both worlds.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good choice. I *think* that the Obi-wan Kenobi ForceFX saber could be used with your generic Jedi. I also believe it can be modified so that the blade can come out. Not entirely sure on that, as I've stayed away from ForceFX, but I know that there are some members that use them.

I will say that if you decide to get blades later on down the line, buy them in bulk or buy them with something else. Shipping costs tend to wrack up pretty quick when making lots of small purchases in this hobby.

Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alarion Ero'neth wrote:
Sounds like a good choice. I *think* that the Obi-wan Kenobi ForceFX saber could be used with your generic Jedi. I also believe it can be modified so that the blade can come out. Not entirely sure on that, as I've stayed away from ForceFX, but I know that there are some members that use them.

I will say that if you decide to get blades later on down the line, buy them in bulk or buy them with something else. Shipping costs tend to wrack up pretty quick when making lots of small purchases in this hobby.

I may consider modifying it down the line. Even if it was one of Hasbro's later releases with the removable blade, I'd still prefer something custom for my Generic Jedi rather than using a Face Character's hilt even though it seems to be allowed.

I'm learning very quickly that shipping costs may be the true path to the dark side so good suggestion.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing more progress with your costume!

Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alarion Ero'neth wrote:
I think that's a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing more progress with your costume!

Once again, thanks for the support. I'll have boot progress either tonight or tomorrow plus the incoming packages and checking out a local modelling store for comlink and holoprojector paint so it should be an update-heavy weekend.
Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates for Today

The boots are done and look pretty good if I do say so myself!

I acquired the paints for the commlink and holoprojector whenever they arrive. Hopefully they'll get here in time for that to be next weekend's project.

Unfortunately, the snail mail was particularly slow compared to their estimated delivery dates so the crystals and food capsules are still in transit.

Edit: And the US saber shipped!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are making good progress with this. Smile I wish you luck with it all.

If you go with the Anakin spats, then remember they must be properly fitted to the boot. Otherwise the boots work fine as is or with just a few straps to set them apart from the standard jedi boot.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Jacobise (Jacob Kimmel)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Looks like you are making good progress with this. Smile I wish you luck with it all.

If you go with the Anakin spats, then remember they must be properly fitted to the boot. Otherwise the boots work fine as is or with just a few straps to set them apart from the standard jedi boot.

Thanks for the info Lora. I'll compare the spats to the robes when I have them and go from there to decide between spats and no spats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: