Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=74a210ea6c3afd1085ed6f537efea2d5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

4/23/16; Spotsylvania Family Fun Fest; Fredericksburg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)

(1)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
azri84Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:50 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiWed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm
Skywalker2BWed Apr 13, 2016 4:50 pm
LazyAardvarkFri Apr 15, 2016 12:43 pm
Bouri-PlwelFri Apr 22, 2016 1:53 am
SchwankyThu Feb 18, 2016 5:48 pm
twilekjediThu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 am
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: 4/23/16; Spotsylvania Family Fun Fest; Fredericksburg
Event starting Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:00 pm for 7 hours

Details so far:

Where:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Spotsylvania+Towne+Centre/@38.2914215,-77.5149445,17z

When:

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Arrival: 9:00am

Start: 10:00am

End: 5:00pm

Cleanup and leave by 6:00

Last year: we set up a joint booth with the 501st fan table for each and photo shoot area in the middle. We had 7 attend last year, and with the 501st we had about 15 or so there. This was a great 1 day event.

This year:

Steve and myself have the option of telling them what we'd like to do and they will let us do it.

We should get that to them by Mid-March though

If you have ideas, we want to hear them! Put them here!!!

I removed the hotel info because its really no longer valid and the chance to book under the group rate has expired.

For the day before and the day of the event:

My cell number: 757-508-3542

Feel free to text if you need anything or can't find us or whatever

Last edited by Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre) on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:17 am; edited 6 times in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for attending, finances will be the big problem for me so I have to hang tight on this, hoping to be able to do it.

Forestmoonstudio ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason 95 was backed up was do to an accident. Normally traffic is light on a Saturday.
Many motels and hotels within a 15 mile radius that are much cheaper per night. Just a heads up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a grandmother in PA and my family has had more than one instance of bad traffic heading North on a Saturday morning. Just like we've had the same problems heading South on a Sunday afternoon. Traffic can be as unpredictable as the weather especially on a day you have something to go to.

The residence inn is right in back of the mall, extremely accessible.

$239 is without the room block, with the room block it could be $159 or cheaper.

I have not gotten the quote back from the hotel yet.

For those who want to attend this event that are coming from 2 hours+ distance away, the safest bet is to arrive Friday night.

Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Scott said, there are several hotels/motels a short distance from the Spotsy Towne Centre. I'm sure rooms can be had for cheaper than $159/night. http://www.hotels-rates.com/Fredericksburg/VA/usa/

As for 95 traffic, it depends on the weather and time of year. If traffic on 95 is bad, Route 1 parallels 95 from NOVA down to almost Richmond. There are a lot of traffic lights from Spotsy north, but not so many going south. Most of the really heavy traffic is Friday afternoons and most of the day on Sunday. Sunday's it's mainly northbound traffic, while Friday's is southbound. There is a good chance that traffic will be somewhat heavy, so just plan accordingly.

The last time we did this event, in spring 2014, we had two back drops for picks. We did joint picks with RL and 501st. On either side of the backdrop each group had a table setup. I had a camera on a tripod set up with my son taking pics. We then posted those pics online and told people where they could go to get their pics. It was a way to get traffic to our site. We had a few people roam around the mall, which I think would be pretty fun to do again.

One cool thing, the mall provided us with a really nice and big conference room just around the corner from where we were setup. It had plenty of chairs and tables and room to store your containers and such. We brought a couple coolers with water and ice, and Shannon brought her famous cupcakes.

This time we may want to ask to be more centrally located though. We were in front of Macy's, but it seemed we didn't get the traffic that we could have.

Lastly, the theme in 2014 was anti-bullying. So we had a couple posters up with that theme.

This year I think it'd be great if we could get some Mandos and see if Jason (or some other R2 Builders) will bring R2 (or maybe even BB-Cool down.
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've invited Jason Pangborn (with R2) to come down for this. He said he'll get back to be about it.

Will we have any backdrops for this? Or would people rather roam the mall for photo ops? I can bring in a table and I'm sure we can get a few chairs from the mall for some more coloring pages and stuff for the kids...as well as some recruiting material.

Could someone contact the Mandos and invite them? Last time we had a couple people that were interested in joining their group, but we didn't have anyone there to represent.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring stuff for a table setup for sure, I think they provided the table and chairs for us last year so I'll ask them about getting us a table per group and 2 chairs per table.

I'll be sure to ask Joel if maybe we can get the Tantive backdrop for photos, but I won't be able to transport it will be the issue (I'm assuming I'll be dealing with my VW Jetta, might change if I can borrow my mom's SUV.

twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywalker2B wrote:
Could someone contact the Mandos and invite them? Last time we had a couple people that were interested in joining their group, but we didn't have anyone there to represent.

Maybe message Ryan? http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=103511

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in my officer or Leia. Depends on if Ginny brings her Leia. Maybe my Jedi if I can find the right fabric for it and get it done in time.
Firestorm Clan
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this been posted with GT? Or the Mandos? Or R2 Builders?

John, you may also want to ask about where we'll be set up. I think you should request that we be on the same hall as the conference room, but down in front of the Security room/entrance doors/across from JCPenny/at the end of the food court. I think we'd see more traffic in that location and it's not too far from the conference room.
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try and make it down for this one if at all possible.....trying to keep the weekend free. Let me know if you need me to bring anything.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twilekjedi wrote:
Skywalker2B wrote:

Maybe message Ryan? http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=103511

Thank you! PM sent as suggested.
TGaines107 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, you should bring your Chewie out for this! It's right in your neck of the woods!
Forestmoonstudio ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGaines107 wrote:
Scott, you should bring your Chewie out for this! It's right in your neck of the woods!

I haven't even looked at the costume in three months. Still a lot of work punching hair in the mask. Been dealing with a lot of stuff at the moment. No time for costuming at this time.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything definite from the 501st, or Mandos, or R2 Builders?

John, did you see my email about requesting a setup location?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: