Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=24b0f4ec5fa38d916df46aa4e562322dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senate Guard ep.III in the making (help needed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardinal ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Senate Guard ep.III in the making (help needed) Reply with quote

Hi everybody! Smile
My name's Norbert, I'm from Italy and I've seen that Italian Base's senate members lack proper protection... I wish to join the local Rebel Legion as a mighty Senate Guard Cool

Since there isn't any other SG in Italy, I'm here asking for your guidance! I've been lurking here for some time and I've read every page of discussion in the subforum (luckily, there aren't so many...).
Here's my (first) questions:

- is there a problem if my coverall has pockets on the chest? (is a classical mechanic/painter coverall)
- aren't the gloves for the ep.III SG leather gauntlets, worn over the sleeves of the coverall? (despite what's written in the costume standard page)
- could anyone give me his Cerimonial Blaster Rifle measurements? I've got a little skills in 3d modeling, and I've already modeled the rifle. I'm going to make it with laser-cut wood and pvc tubes properly painted, but I don't want to screw everything with bad sizing Razz

I hope to join your ranks soon!
(but I'm not in a hurry, the italian con I reeeeally don't want to miss is in the late october - early november)
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the detachment. Smile

First off, if it's a detail that won't be visible in the final costume, then we don't care. Razz Many members have pockets hidden away under other layers for carrying stuff around.

Secondly, always follow the references first. Some standards haven't been updated in a long time and was written at a time when we had less information about the costume. We are trying to get all standards updated, but it takes time.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Darkwar (Andre Bezemer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As you can see I am a Senate guard, I was the first in Australia to build one and like you I had no help, but I researched the hell out of this costume before I even attempted to start building.

I have a link if you wish to follow mine, it has the information of 2 guards

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67782&highlight=

As far as pockets are concerned if you keep the chest pockets on and you put something in them there will be a bulge and it will be visible.

If you put something in your side pockets there will be a bulge but it will be behind the robe, however when there is a breeze, it will be visible and there is a breeze all the time, so I recommend you don't unless its small.

A back pocket is your best shot, this will not be seen unless its blowing a gale.

But I personally suggest wearing shorts under your costume, I carry my car keys phone and wallet and no one can tell.

As far as costume standards go, just follow them and if you have a query state your argument and back it up with screen shots, some of which are in the link above.

As for the ceremonial rifle I dont have one due to our strict gun laws, i will eventually make one, but I'm not in a hurry, i have a forcepike instead

Hope this helps

Ahsoka Tano

Cardinal ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both! Smile in the meanwhile I've ordered my coverall, when I'll got it in my hands we'll see what to do with the pockets (and if the coverall's not suitable, my brother will have a nice new coverall Razz ).

Don't worry Darkwar, I've done my homework as well! Despite my late registration to the forum, I've been a lurker for some time... and I've read every guard-related topic here in the Senate Guard's forum. Yours and Daddy Solo's were great sources of information. I totally don't want to screw the costume, especially because the velvet is kinda pricy here in Italy!

I'll keep you updated Wink Right now I'm getting crazy trying to model myself a Senate Guard helmet for the 3d print...
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile All those senate members in your base will need a guard to protect them. Wink

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: