About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=baaf04f094e474886038bb07c71ed5e2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EP II: AOTC Padme costumes Q&A
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: EP II: AOTC Padme costumes Q&A Reply with quote

If the costume does not have a dedicated thread, please post all questions about the costumes (in the topic title above) here.

Last edited by Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd) on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
uberjedi ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about the headpiece Padme wears with her light blue midrif tattooine outfit...in the film it looks to be made of some sort of metal. I made one out of craft foam and silver spray paint, and I was wondering if, when the time comes, that will be passable for RL acceptance. Thanks all!

Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not.

Here's a link from the Padawan's Guide from a person that had made a craft foam one:

http://www.eastofthewoods.com/medievalcourt/c-lightblueheadpiece.html

padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the headdress looks similar to the real thing, it is not a problem whatever it is made out of. We can't have ridiculous requirements that you make it out of metal, that would be unfair to most who could not make or afford it Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Amidala headpiece does not have any metal in it, I used foamcore, foam, buckram and coverd it with metallic fabric. It it the overall look that is important, not matching the original fabrication.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I am again, with another question about another costume!

I'm looking to do Padme's Geonosis white battle outfit, and I could use a couple pointers. Namely, if anyone has any tips on where I might find an appropriate fabric and also where I might find the proper shin guards as I don't think I have the chutzpah to make them myself!

I was also wondering about this picture I found on the padawan's guide website. In it it looks like the top of the outfit and the bottom are different colors:

I was wondering if that's just a trick of the light or if that's actually how the costume looks, and what the ruling is on whether or not the top and bottom match in color.

Thanks all!

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uberjedi wrote:
I was wondering about the headpiece Padme wears with her light blue midrif tattooine outfit...in the film it looks to be made of some sort of metal.

This one in the movie is metal (saw it at FIDM). But it is nice to know we can use substitutes. I was thinking if I were to give this costume a try, I'd either try cutting out sintra or styrene instead of craft foam. But those are admittedly a little harder to work with than foam.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: AOTC Senate Gown (cut from orignal version) Reply with quote

(Shouldn't the title of this topic be AOTC... not ATOC...?) Wink

Has anyone done the Senator Padme gown that was cut from the original version of the movie where she addressed the Senate. It's the one with the yellow/gold dress with purple velvet overdress, poofy sleeves, lots of beads...http://www.padawansguide.com/dark.shtml

Thanks!

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadySonnet made the deleted EP II Senate dress and wore it to CIV.

Here is her photo: http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/starwarscelebrationiv/sunday?p=107&n=101&m=20&c=5&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. It'll be a while before I can get to it, but I really want to make this one. So, I'm trying to build up my knowledge of it now.

LadySonnet did an excellent job from what I can tell. I like that she did the hair right too!

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been gathering information and images on the Senate Address gown and have started to slowly gather some of the materials. I've started a post on my blog to document my research and progress on this gown, if anyone is interested to take a look:

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2008/04/aotc-senator-amidala-senate-address.html

Feel free to check it out! Queen

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! I was able to find moire in the perfect color, the other fabric I had purchased just didn't work. I cut out and sewed the bodice insert (I chose to make the under dress taffeta an insert onto a cheaper fabric) and I started the beading:

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another update on my blog: http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2008/06/progress-on-senator-amidala-gown.html

Haru Windsong ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: PEACOCK GOWN Reply with quote

Was unable to locate the exact fabric, although most of the East Indian fabric shops in the Vancouver, BC area knew exactly what I was looking for. They just hadn't had it in stock of over a year. Go figure. Found something fairly close and produced a "turn on the peacock gown" that almost every spectator recognizes as Padme when it's worn by me or someone else in a parade or special function. No pictures up yet, however. Haven't had the time to get them shot.

Incidentally, the Simplicity pattern (no longer available) was really bad. They dropped an entire section in the instructions and there are no indicators on which way around to insert the sleeves on the coat! On the other hand, the gown is extremely easy to construct.
sevenblades ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Packing gown Reply with quote

Hi there!
I'm fairly new to costuming, so here is my first attempt at something more serious. The base of the dress came from kitfox, with some alterations. The lovely Mieal Deneb made the headpiece and armbands.

I plan to work on the front piece so it remains flat, and am also working on a wig to get the hair bigger. Much bigger Wink

I would love suggestions and pointers! Also, any tips on keeping the arm bands in place? They are really pretty, but slide down. I've tried elastic on the inside of the band, but it doesn't seem to work.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/sevenblades/2008_329.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/sevenblades/2008_331.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/sevenblades/2008_335.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/sevenblades/2008_334.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: