Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6537b6587e6b80e1403a53d8e93054efMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Opinions for a good place to find pieces for a small person

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SutasKawes ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Opinions for a good place to find pieces for a small person Reply with quote

Hello, I am new here and excited to do an x wing pilot costume! I am ready to get started on my x wing pilot costume. I'd like it to be approved. I am new at this and I have done some research but I wanted to get some opinions on who or where to get a flight suit, vest and Helmet kit from for someone that is small. I am a female 5'3" and 114lbs. I just want to make sure I don't get something to big or in a men's size I would drown in. I read about a few vendors here, are they custom made or pre sized? I prefer a completed flight suit as my sewing skills don't exist. Same for the vest. As for the helmet I want to make sure it won't be to big, this I am fine with a kit I like putting things together and love artistic things so designing it will be fun. The rest of the costume I am hoping to make. I love the tutorials here! I appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!! Very Happy

Sutas
Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm an Xwing pilot with a the opposite problem (6'5", 300lbs)

Over in Sunrider we had a pilot project for the premiere, and we had pilots of all sizes. We had a bunch of smaller pilots, and they were working with premade coveralls, and we were altering them.

Most of them did a lot of taking in of the seams. If you want a suit that fits you well, you're going to want someone to make one fitted to you. That's going to take some sewing, and you're going to need to be measured. The vest is going to be the same, but with a lot more sewing.

For helmets, I believe Mark Bradley makes the smaller ones. He should be local to you, and I'm sure if you ask the local base they've got plenty of them around for you to try on.

I'd recommend meeting up with some of the local Phoenix Squadron and actually see what would fit relative to your frame. It's just tough to get sizes from pictures online.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I believe Darthhair sells a chest box that is about 10% smaller than his normal size chest box.

"My Loyalties lie with My Legion and the betterment of My legion." Ixam Let'si
SutasKawes ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info/suggestions. I did go ahead and post at the base but nothing so far but I am sure people are busy so hoping maybe this weekend someone will see it. Looking at the squadron page I don't think many are in my area. I didn't know I had someone kind of local to me that did the helmets so I am hoping I hear back from him as well!

I think I will look into some of the suggested vendors on here that Ive found and see what can be done with a flight suit. I was afraid of the sewing bit, but I do have my measurements! If not then I ll have to see if I can hunt down someone to help. That is great that you were able to have a group like that to get the sewing and stuff done! Its nice to have that kind of help and support.

Also thank you for the heads up on the chest box I will look into it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: