Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=04c0198ea7f01ad5691d6df590061900Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endorian of the Month - January 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Endorian of the Month - January 2016 Reply with quote

With a new year, we have a new Endorian of the Month.
For January, 2016 we have Phavorianne!

Tell us something about yourself:

I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. I grew up playing video games, drawing, watching and reading Sci-Fi, and doing other nerdy things with my family. I studied Mechanical Engineering and then Engineering Management, and I now work as a maintenance and reliability engineering consultant for oil companies such as Chevron.

I got into costuming and going to fan conventions in 1999 and have been hooked ever since. This community is so full of friendship and inspiration, and I hope to continue to be an active member for many years to come!

How long have you been involved with the Rebel Legion:

I signed up for the Rebel Legion at Celebration IV in 2007 and formally joined Endor Base shortly thereafter. Before officially joining the Rebel Legion, I worked with Sunrider Base as a guest in my Ep. I Padme costume at a City of Hope Pediatrics Cancer picnic in 2005.

Positions held (past or present)?

None.

What costume(s) do you have?

Episode I - Padme - Tatooine peasant disguise
Episode II - Padme - Geonosis Arena ripped battle suit
Episode II - Bultar Swan - this doubles as a generic Jedi

What costumes do you have in the works (if any)?

Oh gosh, I have a ton in the works. I keep starting this project and then that project because I get so excited about so many different things. Sometimes my projects are put on hold for years because I get distracted by something new. Right now most of my progress has turned to the dark side, but I would like to finish my Star Wars Rebels Sabine Wren sometime in the near future.

Do you have a favourite Troop/event:

It's hard for me to choose a favorite because I enjoy the variety of events we get. Sometimes it feels really good knowing we're helping out or cheering up folks who are sick or otherwise suffering. It's also really entertaining when we work children's events and we get to see the little kids' faces light up because they think we're the real thing. As a fan, though, my absolute favorite troops are those like the Tech Museum's Star Wars exhibit and Star Wars: In Concert because they are fantastic events that I would love to attend even if I didn't have the chance to go in costume.

What is your first Star Wars memory?

My parents were really into Sci-Fi, so I must have seen it on TV when I was a small child. I was too young to remember much, and I was in that phase where if I liked the princess, I liked the movie. Well, I remember not liking Leia because I thought her cinnamon roll hair was stupid. Buuut then she got the pretty dress and long braid (Ceremonial Leia), and I liked that, so I guess Star Wars was cool and all.

My family doesn't really watch a lot of TV or movies, so it was really special that we actually owned the VHS box set of the original Star Wars trilogy!

Favorite Star Wars movie:

I can't really say at the moment because I haven't watched them all recently, and I think it would be unfair to judge them based off my cloudy memory. Instead, I have been watching a lot of the animated series, and I particularly enjoy Star Wars Rebels.

Favorite Star Wars Character:

I love the droids. R2-D2 was my favorite for a long time, but sassy BB-8 may become the new favorite.

Any Social Media/Business to plug:

https://www.facebook.com/Phavorianne/

A full list of all the costumes I have done (Star Wars and otherwise) can be found here:

http://www.acparadise.com/loves/phavorianne

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: