Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0e803a0ba435a2da78486739ba9b53e6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP- A-295 Blaster Rifle Hoth Trench Trooper
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elysia_1 (Jeff R. Miller)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: WIP- A-295 Blaster Rifle Hoth Trench Trooper Reply with quote

Hello again...

It's been awhile since anything had been posted in this tread of the Forums and it's also been awhile since I last posted anything...

To to start it off, I wanted to show you my progress pictures of my build from scratch of the A-295... Yes... A-295... Not the A-280 which for some reason is mixed up between each other. From all my research, I've concluded that the Trench Trooper Rifle is called the A-295 and the Endor Troopers have the a-280... Anyhow...

After I found out that the A-295 is heavily based off the German WWII STG-44 (The Grandfather of all modern day Machineguns), I searched the web for the schematics of the weapon to help me build it from scratch. Being that in Denmark, those types of weapons are illegal in full working order and with it being very difficult to find special parts of it, I decided to make it from scratch... Plastic and Metal...

We, within in "Nordic Garrison/Base", have made a small group in Denmark of about 7 people who have/will build a Hoth Trench Trooper for our annual Legoland Troop this sommer. Because we are 7 people and that some of the things we need to use and the need to look "the same" I decided to make the things I needed to make once, then making copies of them with making Molds and Resin. It's been a fun process and for those of you who've seen my other posts, know that I offer those parts to anyone here... =)

Being that I need to make 7 A-295s, I decided to make the Rifle as a "Kit" that you put together yourself from Resin parts that I'll be copying from my Prototype when I'm done... For those of you who are wondering... Yes I will be making this available to EVERYONE here who wants one after I've made the first 7 sometime within the next 3 months. I don't have a price for it yet, but once I know how much it'll cost when I'm done, I'll post a FS post with it...

Anyhow... Here are some Progress photos...

btw. I made my own version of the Piston from the infamous Revell V8 Engine that was use on SO many things within the first movies... =)

Dr8072 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very very good.... !

As an Idea... you may want to look into making the magazine and sti=ock in such away they can be replaced by the endor version, i t will give you a way to switch to an exact A290 to a good version of an A280..

So if someone wants to build an other trooper, replace the magazine and stock and go..

any ways It looks wonderful, and I would be interested in the kit no matter what
m1shooter2 ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! If you would offer a conversion kit for airsoft/Denix as well I'd be very interested in purchasing one.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the measurements for the Scope? I know the Single Point Scope is used in it and I do have the measurements for that, but I don't have them for the "Mount" where the SPS goes into.

A little help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mac Bragg ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: WIP- A-295 Blaster Rifle Hoth Trench Trooper Reply with quote

Elysia_1 wrote:
Hello again...

A-295... Not the A-280 which for some reason is mixed up between each other. From all my research, I've concluded that the Trench Trooper Rifle is called the A-295 and the Endor Troopers have the a-280... Anyhow...

After I found out that the A-295 is heavily based off the German WWII STG-44 (The Grandfather of all modern day Machineguns)

The short-short explanation:

The parts used from the StG 44 would have been classified as a "machinegun" under international arms treaties. Good luck getting approval in time for filming to start (if ever approved and lots of $$$$).

The AR-15 parts used for the "A-280" are not machineguns, and were readily available in California at the time of filming. No delays, low cost.

From my friends in the film industry, given a choice of picking two out of three from:

1. Fast
2. Cheap
3. Quality

the film companies always go for Cheap and Fast Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WIP- A-295 Blaster Rifle Hoth Trench Trooper Reply with quote

Mac Bragg wrote:
Elysia_1 wrote:
Hello again...

A-295... Not the A-280 which for some reason is mixed up between each other. From all my research, I've concluded that the Trench Trooper Rifle is called the A-295 and the Endor Troopers have the a-280... Anyhow...

After I found out that the A-295 is heavily based off the German WWII STG-44 (The Grandfather of all modern day Machineguns)

The short-short explanation:

The parts used from the StG 44 would have been classified as a "machinegun" under international arms treaties. Good luck getting approval in time for filming to start (if ever approved and lots of $$$$).

The AR-15 parts used for the "A-280" are not machineguns, and were readily available in California at the time of filming. No delays, low cost.

From my friends in the film industry, given a choice of picking two out of three from:

1. Fast
2. Cheap
3. Quality

the film companies always go for Cheap and Fast Laughing

I don't understand your post... What do you mean by your comment?
Obey Wann (William Blackburn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the way you are approaching this. I wish you the best of luck. The lower receiver and all of that looks fantastic.

I know it's not an option for you, but for the low, low price of $1800, you can get a modern semiautomatic reproduction of the STG-44.

https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr-standard-length-223/

Yeah, I know, it's a no-go, especially in your case. But it is beautiful.

Are you able to purchase airsoft in your country?

Here is an airsoft version for about $300:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/22741897/replica-stg-44-with-sling-22-1125c?gps=1&id=81021659779

I don't have any guidance for you on the SPS... but a thought: Could you use the scope on the Nerf Rebel Trooper Blaster as a reference?

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help and comments guys... =)

I've done a few more things to it, it's actually almost done, then it's time to start Casting. Anyhow... I got in contact with someone on RPF that had the 3D files for the Scope Mount. So, I used that to get the dimensions and built it out of ABS plastic and what ever else that worked and made into a few different parts so that it could be Casted and then glued together.

Here's a few pics of how it looks at the moment.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found these for $275.

https://www.stage-props-blank-guns.com/stage_movie_props/catalog/StG44-Rifle-Replica-p-2385.html

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... Huge progress step...

Mold making and Casting... And let me tell you, it's turning out GREAT!!!

Enjoy.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive! Most impressive!!!!

navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow. Surprised

Works in Progress:Kal Skirata, vaporator prop
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd like to update everyone on this build...

Almost done... Just a few more pieces and all is done and ready for others to enjoy too. =)

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive!

Dr8072 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work... it looks very very good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: