About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8f574708eb160d7667d3b70a1395bc44Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Do you think it might be less confusing to meet at the SFFF table since most of us hang out there when we are in our Rebel Garb? (not sure there will be space near the 501st table since there are usually groups of stormtroopers and vader hanging out posing for photos and it is often a mob scene).
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Good point, Kathy.  Let's say meet at the SFFF table BEFORE noon, and leave at 12 for the carousel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

I probably won't be in the picture group, since I don't think I'll be switching to my Aayla garb until the afternoon... but if I'm around at noon, I'll stop by to visit and snap a photo or two of my own.  (It's an advantage of the Mara costume.... I can actually carry things!  Like, a camera!)

Pam :-)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

So no luck in finding the RL banner?
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

For those coming to WonderCon, please don't forget to stop by the SF Fan Force table, located at F3.  We will be holding a raffle each day for Cure Autism Now.  The prizes are out of stock jedi figures from Sideshow Collectibles.  Any donations would be appreciated! 

I'll also have some Chanel Memorial Rebel Legion patches, as well as any Endor Base patches I have left over for those who want some.

Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by JedHead on 15 February 2007

If there are no objections, I'd like to have the RL photo shoot on Saturday at 12 noon at the carousel steps. We could meet at the 501st table first and march up there. Sound good for everyone?

Not to nitpick, but have you asked the Zeum if you may take a picture on their property? Every time the 501st has done it, we have made sure to get some authorization as it is their property.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Matt - if it is raining (or really damp and wet out) can an alternative location for the photo shoot be the stairs inside Moscone where we had our 2005 photo shoot?
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Never thought about the Zeum thing.  If we get there and they get on our case, maybe we could go to the waterfall by Metreon across the street.

For an alternative location, maybe inside the main lobby of Moscone South.  I'll look for an alternate location during set-up on Thursday.

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the con was great, but I wish the RL presence was a lot more recognized. Next year, I hope to have a banner and a larger photo shoot. Here's hoping!

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WonderCon is more and more fun every year! Thanks to everyone who lent their support to the Rebel Legion and made time to come out to our photo shoot. Next year we must remember to contact Yerba Buena Gardens 1-2 months in advance to get permission to do our photo shoot.

Hopefully I'll have photos uploaded Tuesday. Thanks for being patient with the photographer I brought along Smile (AKA husband of Kay Dee) He's not really used to directing group photos at conventions.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted my own set of photos from the convention.

http://kay-dee.net/wondercon-07/index.htm

Eurobeat King is starting to get some of his online as well (although none from our Satruday photo shoot yet).

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=18&cat=500

Once I get a few more sets of photos submitted by SF Fan Force members, I'll post a link to a larger WonderCon album.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice meeting some of the Bay Area Rebel Legion members at WonderCon. Hope to see you at future events.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: