Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a4031a70385e77b9ae99cdf4d77a6a5cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/17/15 - TFA @ The Alamo Drafthouse (Richardson, TX)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drell Assassin (Alex Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: 12/17/15 - TFA @ The Alamo Drafthouse (Richardson, TX) Reply with quote

•Name of event: TFA Release at Alamo Drafthouse [Richardson]
•Website (if any): http://drafthouse.com/dfw
•Event Location (Address): 100 South Central Expressway, #14 Richardson, TX 75080
•Event Coordinator (Name, email, ph #): James Wallace / james.wallace@drafthousedfw.com
•Date of Event: THURSDAY, December 17, 2015 [this event may extend through Sunday, December 20th]
•Arrival Time: SEE BELOW
•Start Time: SEE BELOW
•End Time: SEE BELOW
•Indoor or Outdoor Event?: Both
•Will parking be made available to the attending members? Yes (We should be mindful of the potential parking issues with such an event – RIDE SHARE!)
•Are there any parking costs?: No
•Purpose of event (i.e.; Charity, fundraiser, promotion, private party, etc.): Duh. Alamo will be raffling off Alamo Drafthouse vouchers for Force For Change
•Expected number of attendees: 1,000 +
•Number of costume characters requested: 60+ total, all groups
•Will a secure changing room be provided?: Yes, Alamo is working on providing us with access to one of the nearby empty businesses in the strip mall. (Failing this, we will be changing in the parking lot. Please be aware the parking lot may be full and you will have to park some distance away.)
•Will there be any cost to the attending members?: No -
•Will there be any cost to the attending members guests (spouses/family)?: Yes, they will need to purchase tickets in advance
•Will a charitable donation be made to an organization in the name of The 501st Legion?: No
•Are fake guns and other weapon props allowed? (stormtrooper blasters, lightsabers, and such)?: Yes
•Is there anything else we should know about the event? (such as how many additional guests can attending troops bring?) : Additional guests will need to obtain their own tickets in advance
•Will a presentation area be provided so that we may bring banners, brochures, temporary tattoos, and/or photo backdrops?: Yes, please bring your helmet displays, Gonk, Han Solo In Carbonite, Mando Jail and David’s car. All groups please bring your banner. Alamo is providing a photo backdrop and tables
•Will water be made available to the troopers in attendance?: Yes

NOTES:
*We plan on having a secured empty business to change in BUT be prepared as this could be a parking lot changing situation
*Keep in mind that any prop or display you bring will be left unattended in the lobby unless you secure it elsewhere just before the film.
*Alamo Drafthouse's minimum attendance age is for 6 years old

Please sign up using this format (post here and send an email to me at albean93@gmail.com):
First Name & Last Name
Role: Costume Name or Handler or Guest
(Names of any Guests - Guests will not be added to any lists without a full name / Maximum 2 Handlers or Guests per Costumed Character but try to keep it at just 1 so others can attend)

SCREENING TIME: 7:00pm FULL

SCREENING TIME: 7:30pm [18 seats broken down as 14 character seats-4 Handler/Guests seats]

SCREENING TIME: 8:00pm [26 seats broken down as 17 character seats-9 Handler/Guests seats]

THE PLAN:

Arrival time can be as early as 4:00pm

You can either TROOP before the film for 2 hours, then dress out of your costume and WATCH the film. OR you can WATCH the film, and then get dressed in costume and TROOP for 2 hours. You are encouraged to TROOP as much as you want after your screening as well.

Last edited by Drell Assassin (Alex Bean) on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to do the 7:00 p.m. showing.

Proud to be part of Kessel Base - Starblossom Delegation Leader - RLGS council member

WIP: Hera Syndulla & Jarael
Future: X-Wing Pilot | Mission Vao v2 | Way too many Padmé costumes

deviantArt | facebook
Starforge (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dibs on the 7:00 showing as well.

Name: Jacob Degan
Role: X-wing Pilot
ADarkJediMaster (Rebecca Price)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the 7pm showing as well.
MrTexas (Chris Hummel)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we have to buy guest tickets now or will they have them available?
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Posted this elsewhere.... Reply with quote

I posted this in the 501st forum, but I'll repost it here.

I'm going to work the 7:00PM show, from about 4:30-6:30, and then head over to Studio Movie Grill for the 10:00PM Premiere there that I already signed up for. This means I do NOT need a ticket for the 7:00PM show, just look for me there, and don't expect me to stay the whole time.

It will sting a little knowing you guys are seeing the movie before me, but as long as I avoid Facebook from 9:00-10:00, I should be okay staying spoiler free. Smile

And this way I get to work two theaters in one night.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Posted this elsewhere.... Reply with quote

Lukeluca wrote:
I posted this in the 501st forum, but I'll repost it here.

I'm going to work the 7:00PM show, from about 4:30-6:30, and then head over to Studio Movie Grill for the 10:00PM Premiere there that I already signed up for. This means I do NOT need a ticket for the 7:00PM show, just look for me there, and don't expect me to stay the whole time.

It will sting a little knowing you guys are seeing the movie before me, but as long as I avoid Facebook from 9:00-10:00, I should be okay staying spoiler free. Smile

And this way I get to work two theaters in one night.

What a trooper! Thanks Luke, I look forward to seeing you at the Alamo.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrTexas wrote:
do we have to buy guest tickets now or will they have them available?

If they're you're guest/handler and you sign up in time, you don't need to buy their ticket (you may have to later, not sure). However if there is only room for just you, they're out of luck because tickets are sold out.
MrTexas (Chris Hummel)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then sign me up with a handler ticket for the 7 pm one!
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am there at 7:30 as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: