Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1edf4b70b45c0284c5a115d2718557d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourselves.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntillesJanson ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it'd be high time I stop being the shy lurker and come forth. Name's Sharon and I live in Quebec, Canada. Been thinking of joining the RL for almost a decade, but never believed I possessed the level of skill required to meet up the standards. A few years of convention circuits and cosplays gave me experience and a confidence boost. The compliments and encouragements from local RL/501st members/aspiring members on my half-finished built also helped a great deal, so thanks guys! Smile

I hope to have my Jaina Solo costume approved soonish, however I still need to find a better pair of boots than those I currently have. I also need to work out a dyeing solution for my tabards, and should that fail, wait for the winter collection to hit the shelves for new fabric.
awindowacrossall (Jana)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

My name is Jana, and I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I'm a personal assistant working for a non-profit. I'm the daughter of an art teacher (now retired) and a long time Star Wars fan.

Long time admirer of the RL, had friends in California in the RL, never thought my sewing and/or cosplay skills were up to par. I had cosplayed before (Korra, Amy Pond, Clara Oswald, etc.) but never thought that I could make it. Fast forward to when my boyfriend and I watched TFA and I knew I had to be Rey. I started working on her and the current Rey that I'm working on will be the third Rey I've done. I'm also in some local Lightsaber groups, but want to branch out into other groups such as the RL. My Po-zu's are on the way, and I can't wait to get approved. I look forward to learning from you all. Smile

Link to see Version 2 of my Rey: http://imgur.com/a/WTsAc
-Womp Rat 19-
Approved Costumes:
Resistance Rey, Jakku Rey, TFA Pilot
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! My name is Kristin and I just joined Rebel Legion. My local base is Kessel Base and I haven't started my costume yet, but I have done a couple costumes for comic con and decided I wanted to join an official group. My sister is becoming a Mandolorian Merc and I decided I wanted to be a Rebel Pilot. I'm excited to start working on my costume and meet fellow rebels!
meya ()

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetins all, I have have been a lurker on the fourms for a while now, I have yet to build my costum. I believe I will be trying for a genric jedi to start with. I live in lower NY near the PA boarder so that puts me an Echo base area.
Scootch ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Just checking in. Had a nice troop Christmas day with some fine rebel folk.... Got me excited about finishing an X-wing bucket I've been looking at for a couple years. wedge
Milla Sayven ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this thread for approved types only, or can WIPs participate?
anjea214 (Anjea Ray)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm Anjea and I'm in the Kessel Base area (Austin, TX). My husband and I are both huge Star Wars fans. We have typically been dark-side aligned, but I'm really jonesing to do both a General Leia and Resistance Rey - I love love love those characters so much, and I really want to help show my support of strong women for my two daughters! I've made several random costumes over the years, but nothing with the detail of "professional cosplay," even though DH and I have both wanted to for years. He's currently working on a 501st Kylo Ren costume.

I look forward to getting to know everyone! I love the amazing work so many of you have done!
Ulrich ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Denmark:)

My name is Ulrich, trying to figurer out which "Dream" to follow:)
X-wing, Trench-trooper or Jedi:)

I've been a Star Wars-fan as long as I can remember, and now a friend found Danish Garisson og Wampas Cave and invited me.

I've done a lot of larping and buliding of costumes over The last 10-11 years. I hope to get in at some point:)
MrTexas (Chris Hummel)
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Medals: 10 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anjea214 wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm Anjea and I'm in the Kessel Base area (Austin, TX). My husband and I are both huge Star Wars fans. We have typically been dark-side aligned, but I'm really jonesing to do both a General Leia and Resistance Rey - I love love love those characters so much, and I really want to help show my support of strong women for my two daughters! I've made several random costumes over the years, but nothing with the detail of "professional cosplay," even though DH and I have both wanted to for years. He's currently working on a 501st Kylo Ren costume.

I look forward to getting to know everyone! I love the amazing work so many of you have done!

Hey!
Im in Austin almost every weekend. We have quite a few armor parties (Legion get togethers) around there \. If you arent on the Facebook page, PM me and Ill get you the details!
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milla Sayven wrote:
Is this thread for approved types only, or can WIPs participate?

Its for everyone Miles!
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grumpyhousecat wrote:
Hi! My name is Kristin and I just joined Rebel Legion. My local base is Kessel Base and I haven't started my costume yet, but I have done a couple costumes for comic con and decided I wanted to join an official group. My sister is becoming a Mandolorian Merc and I decided I wanted to be a Rebel Pilot. I'm excited to start working on my costume and meet fellow rebels!

Hey Kristin!

I have a Rebel Pilot and am in Kessel as well, if you havent joined our Facebook recruit page and would like to, PM me and Ill get you set up!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: greetings from New Jersey Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
my name is Bryan Phil. I'm a new member (as of last night) to the Rebel Legion. Been a member of the 501st for a year now. I have a Biker Scout and Tie Pilot (although I have not trooped with the pilot yet). I blame Jamie for that since she convinced me how awesome Chewbacca is. So we've been concentrating on getting him fully operational.

Anyway greetings and I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
Afira_Jin_Tao ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: hello! Reply with quote

hi all! im afira jin tao from north bend WA. working on my first costume i hope will be done next month. woot!
Mysterychix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Deb and I met a bunch of you in in Orlando! I'm part of Freedom Base and my Mon Mothma (my first character) was just approved in late February.

I live just outside Washington, DC and hope to become actively involved...Orlando definitely gave me the bug and I'm already thinking of what else I want to do going forward.

Deb
Jedijoe89 (Joe Booth)
Assistant Legion PR Officer
Assistant Legion PR Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hello my name is joe and I'm new to hear but have been cosplaying for two years now! got a jedi costume now and hoping to get another outfit down the road!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: