Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7ea7afb222a4279b63f180eefeca740Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourselves.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoxhoundTCF (Ashley Tyler)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome all
adriadc ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

My name Adria from Brooklyn, NY. I am a member of Echo base. I was just accepted for my formal Jedi costume. I am so excited to be here.
Ari
Ibis (Jon Jeffers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I'm a member of Ra Kura base Phoenix Squadron. I've actually had my X-wing approved for about 8 months now but haven't gotten around to introduce myself. I'm also a member of the Florida Garrison's Squad 7 as a ANH stunt TK. Besides Star Wars my biggest passion is my beloved Miami Hurricanes! My X-wing bucket is even painted in the colors of the "U"! It's such a thrill to rock the two baddest costumes in the Star Wars universe! We all are just "living the dream" by trooping for the Rebel Legion and the 501st!
Jesda-Neame ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I made this account back in 2013 meaning to start my Generic Jedi, but life happened (but now I'm here!)

My name is Jessica (Jesda-Neame) and I hail from Utah (Rogue Base). We are a Star Wars family and have done Star Wars cosplay in the past (the ladies on my husband's side of the family all dressed as different Leia versions for a picture when we met Carrie Fisher). Most recently my husband and I dressed as Han and Leia, with our infant dressed as Rey (she got a lot of love at FanX).

I'm finally starting on mine and my husband's Generic Jedi and can't wait to start trooping!

And since I'm a proud mommy, here's my daughter's Rey Costume (with hubby as Han on the side)

ibejedi (Heather Tanner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All! I'm Heather from Arizona and I am brand new to the costuming side of Star Wars, but a lifelong fan (born in 76 - saw the movie at 11 months old Smile ) I met a couple members at a function in February and they encouraged me to join up, so here I am!

I'm currently starting from scratch and working on a TFA General Leia costume - no pics to share yet, but I'm hoping to get it completed before the Phoenix Comicon in June (on my birthday weekend!) I'm excited to finally get started with something I've always wanted to do.
boogiebeans (Kathi Fay)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I just registered with the Rebel Legion and I'm really excited. I live in Ohio and am pretty new to cosplaying. I have made my daughter a Princess Leia New Hope gown that she wore last year to Halloween (and then about a hundred other times to see the Force Awakens and Wizard World and any time she had an excuse to wear it.) I am slowly gathering supplies to make both myself and my daughter Rey Rebellion costumes (her outfit during her staring contest with Luke Smile.) Thank you all.
Past (Audrey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm a newly registered member that decided to register on the forum to make a built thread before I sent in my application next month (opefully... Seeing as I have a con on May 14th)... I'm currently working on an Ahsoka Tano Rebels costume.

I'm Audrey, I'm in my mid-20s, I work as a paralegal in a small lawyer's cabinet and I study law (so it's useless to say I have relatively busy days). I'm from Montreal and I speak French and English.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome all new members
L Kamino ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Molalla, Oregon outside of Portland. I currently costume Darth Revan with Cloud City Garrison. I have an ANH X-wing pilot costume in progress to submit to the RL and become part of Kashyyyk Base. With Rogue One releasing, I'm very excited to be putting this one together!

I have a lot of fun costuming Revan, but I am looking forward to having the option of wearing the pilot to be able to talk to the guests, have better visibility, breathe easier and be able to sit! Revan is one very warm and sensory-depriving ensemble, but the kids respond really well to him and I love that!

Lori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lori
SFIbana (Sandra Ulbrich Almazan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I finally found the right place to introduce myself!

I'm Sandra, and I live in the Chicago suburbs. My son is a big Star Wars fan, and we got into costuming by following his interests. My husband and I are members of the Midwest Garrison; he's an Imperial Gunner, I'm a Jawa. My son is part of the Galactic Academy as a Jawa, and we're finishing up a mamgatrooper for him. (Unfortunately, he has no interest in good guy costumes.) I'm interested in making a generic Jedi and hope to join Nar Shadda base. I'd also like to get my Jawa approved for the RL. Here's a picture of the three of us:

ToxicJezus ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm Cicero and new to the forums. Planning on doing a CW Plo Koon and seeing if my daughter wants to do an Ahsoka. Not much of a builder but got plenty of time and a full time job so that should be good enough to get things going. I am from Portland but not a member yet of the RL or 501st.

Pretty big Star Wars fan but not a collector of any kind. I love reading or listening to the books, writing my college papers about Star Wars or finding a way to convince my professors to allow it and playing any Star Wars video games or mods Smile
Lady Victorious (Vicki L.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello, all! I just joined the forum. I am from the Chicago area, and will be attempting Padme's Geonosis outfit from Episode II to start out. I'm excited to hopefully join the team!
RGM81 (Richard McAdam)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
My name is Richard, I live in beautiful Kelowna, BC. I've known mostly of the 501st as they've got an active presence here with a couple members in the community. I had the great pleasure of meeting TK-6646 (Lisa) yesterday when I saw her license plate and knew that I had to make that connection. Of course, being a "good guy" means that she referred me to this community.
I'm in the early stages of preparing a Luke Skywalker Force Awakens costume. I've had a few people tell me over the years that I kinda look like him and so I'm going to run with it! My hair and beard are starting to fit the profile and so now it's just the matter of the costuming part!
I'm also very interested in the charitable work of Rebel Legion. I work at a college Foundation doing fundraising for student awards, and support an annual award myself. I believe in the power of philanthropy to make an impact on communities, and if I can match that with my love of Star Wars! Wow! What could be more fun than possibly getting to make a kid's day when he sees his hero?
So I'm probably going to have some questions in the coming weeks as I prepare my costume; I've seen a couple really great ones put together already and I hope that I will be able to make one that meets the high quality standards of the community.
Looking forward to meeting some great fans and participating in some discussions!
lilwolfe006 ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I'm Renee and hail from the Chicago 'burbs. (I see a few of us have posted in the past month or so! Hopefully we can be newbies together!)

I'm a long time gamer, geek/nerd, rpg'er, comic lover, anime fan, etc etc. My very first fandom was Star Wars (born in '76 - chose Star Wars figures over Barbies as a kid.) It went into hibernation for a long while but, when my friends began a role-playing game called Force and Destiny, it threw me straight into the deep end all over!

Add in a vacation out to White Sands National Monument, and the clever thought of ... "Omg, I could look like I was on Tatooine, or Jakku!" and ... boom, costuming plans planted, watered, and sprouted! (Pro-tip, do not attempt your first Jedi photo shoot, in the Chihuahuan desert IN JULY!!) But, it was super fun and my friend was only slightly embarrassed that he had to follow a grown woman in a jedi costume around a national park. Wink

I've done a bit of anime cosplay before, but this is the first time I am taking such a huge leap as to join an actual community to go along with it! Friend of mine from hockey is getting set up with the 501st. I'm sure we'll have great stories to share with each other. (Or ya know, battle out.)

Really excited to get involved in the whole bigger picture here! I'll be looking to get in touch with the Nar Shaddaa base once I get going on my costume approval and what not!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: