Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=da30dc01d2c5b558b55a3290a44cfefaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourselves.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourselves. Reply with quote

What the title says.

Smile

(Can a Moderator "sticky" this, please)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: First introduction for the new term! Reply with quote

Hello from San Francisco! My name is Carlyn and I've just been accepted as a member of the Endor Base. And what a time to join! I've had my Ahsoka Tano costume since Celebration but finally got around to submitting it. Can't wait to keep her alive with this new era of awesome Star Wars mania upon us. I've been a handler for my boyfriend who is a TK with the 501st for a while but I am so excited to have a legion to call my own!
FoxhoundTCF (Ashley Tyler)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Carlyn, that's a great Ahsoka Very Happy
Wolfhound (Matt Ragan)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy! Just stopping by to make my formal introduction. I'm in Kessel Base space (Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex area).

I'm a member of the Mando Mercs (Kuu) and am working on an X-Wing pilot.
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome everyone Very Happy

Mod Edit - I've stickied this thread
http://www.rebellegionuk.com/forum/
Grenex ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: R2 Builder looking for NJ area gatherings, events, etc. Reply with quote

HI everyone! I am an R2 builder and having just completed my droid, I am looking to get involved in events.

I am also hoping someone can assist me with how to "Win over" the management of my local AMC theater. They said I have to get "special permission" to bring R2 on opening night and they are concerned about him being a Disney licensed character

Any help, advice, etc. would be appreciated!

How do I best get in touch with my local base?
1canparaman ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hi,

Name is Riley and im currently located in Southern Alabama. Been looking at getting together and X Wing pilot kit together for some time and I have finally decided to make it happen. Really look forward to making this happen and attending events with you all very soon.

Looking forward to getting in touch with my local base as well and finding out what the proper thing to buy and what is not. If I am going to do this, I wanna make it right Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Wolfhound, Grenex and Riley
darkwolf ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Hey from the SF bay! Reply with quote

Hi all,
Excited to be here. I started costuming a few years back but had to put it all on hold after moving into a really small place. I've got the time and space now to get back into it again and have designs to put together an A Wing pilot costume.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Michael
MAR-10 (Martin Osburn)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: New Member: MAR-10 (Martin) from Aberdeen, WA Reply with quote

Introduction:
My name is Martin, I've gone by MAR-10 (Pronounced M A R -10) as well as Crimson Knight. My dad says my first movie was Star Wars episode IV. I was born in 1977, so that's a real possibility. I've always been a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise. Episode VI is my current favorite of the series (Episode VII may change that). I own a Luke costume from VI, and a generic Jedi costume that I've only really used for Halloween.

I am tweaking my Episode VI Luke costume, and although I wear black, my path is that of the light side. (I just love the colors red and black).

Recently, I have taken the Jedi philosophies as a way of getting in shape. About a month ago, I thought as a way to keep myself motivated while embracing a more healthier lifestyle, I thought "why can't I simply Train to be a Jedi?" A Jedi should show balance in his training. Healthy eating, studying, playing, exercise, yoga, and meditation. These are all things that I feel will benefit me becoming a Jedi. I am not a fitness expert, I am not a dietitian. I am simply someone who wants to use the Force to get healthy.

In order for me to actually train though, I need to reach out and find those who are strong with the Force to help me learn what it means to be a Jedi. Aberdeen is a bit of a remote town in the state of Washington, so after finding this Forum/Website, I thought I might be able to find others local to the area to help me fulfill my personal obligation while also having fun.

Anyhow, if you are in the Aberdeen (Grays Harbor) area, please hit me up. I'd love to get to know you.

May the Force be with you,
MAR-10 Ben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Michael and Martin
galacticat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm Megan/Meg/Galacticat, from the Nashville area, and I'm excited to finally be joining up! I've been costuming for several years and I've been wanting to join the RL ever since I started, but other costuming projects have gotten in the way. A few weeks ago I finally got started on my first Star Wars costume - Senatorial Leia. Hoping to submit her soon!
Zebulon Uri ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello...My name is Scott and I've been a Star Wars fan since my mom and dad took me to see the original in 1977...I was 7 years old. Now that I'm an old guy I'm reliving the old days and hoping to use the fun of it all to help in the community. I've started to create a generic jedi costume and have assumed the name Zebulon Uri which means Prince of Light. I'll soon be posting pictures to the judges at Mos Eisley Base here in Arizona for consideration. Looking forward to joining you in spreading justice and peace in the galaxy!

Scott
NullusAnxietus (Luke)
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

My name is Luke and I'm from Newcastle NSW Australia. I'm hoping to join the RL after meeting them in Sydney at Supanova.

My wife has just bought me a Jedi costume for my birthday so I guess I'm on my way!
TheHuntress ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: New Member in Albuquerque Reply with quote

Hi there!

My name is Caitlin and I live in Albuquerque. My husband and I are super new to the whole cosplay thing as our first convention was in Denver last May. DCC was our first time doing serious cosplay; I had made us some causal costumes for Halloweens in the past (Fiona and Finn from Adventure Time and Ash and Misty from Pokemon). I fell in love with the character of Ahsoka in the Clone Wars TV show so when she appeared in the season finale of Rebels I knew it was finally time to figure the whole cosplay thing out.

We are huge procrastinators and didn't have much time between the Rebels finale and DCC so our costumes were crazy rushed but I am still happy with out my first Rebels Ahsoka turned out. I made the headpiece out of latex, the armor out of wonderflex and the tunic out of neoprene (never again). I ran out of time to weather everything because I was literally finishing the spray painting the day before the con.

Now that I have more time I am working on making all of the armor out of cold casted resin (working on sculpting everything in clay ATM). I figured it was time to join the forum so I could ask advice on the costuming and eventually submit it. I also have a friend who is working on some resin casted saber hilts that will be correct for the cosplay (the ones I took to DCC were made out of melted PVC and wonderflex and look okay-ish at best), so that's exciting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: