Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2c8b8ad1fb72bb2f47b1822d791af992Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Packing/Parade/Picnic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leora ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Packing/Parade/Picnic Reply with quote

Hello!
I currently have these three Padme costumes either finished or WIP
I'm looking for any general feedback on things that may be an issue for approval. Anything would be so appreciated!!!
I'm a tad bit nervous to submit them.
------
Thus far my plan is to remake portions of the packing gown even if it is approved as is since i am not happy with some portions of it personally.

--The parade gown is still in progress and was started this week so i will be hopping to it to create the "parasol" Wink

Here is a link to the photobucket showing completed and WIP photos for all three gowns.

http://s106.photobucket.com/user/leeora/library/Amidala
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya. Smile
I don't normally look through entire albums due to the time it takes, but I decided to be nice tonight and do it anyway.

Picnic: Looking good, but I can see you are missing the hair ribbons used to tie the hair back into a loose ponytail. I also couldn't positively identify more than two ribbon colors around the sleeves.

Parade: Good start. Is the pattern on the tabard one color? It should be partly gold, partly rose. (Gold middle, rose sides).

Packing: Your skirt seems to sit a little high; the underskirt is sometimes showing. And the hair buns are oversized so they should be made smaller. Could use a bit more blousing over the armbands.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Natalianna ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I must say great job on making such demanding costumes.

I looked through the album and...

Picnic: Love the detail on the corset and the fact that you are using 4-petal sequins. Although I would add more sequins on the dress, smaller ones if possible. I agree with Lora Skywalker that there are some ribbons missing to tie your hair and the hair style itself needs a bit of work. Look at the photos from padawans guide they are at high resolution and are very helpful. The ribbon colours should be a bit mote intensive as I cannot identify which colours you have.

Parade: Great start! I cannot wait to see more!

Packing Gown: I agree again with Lora Skywalker about the size of the buns, I would look much better if they were smaller. The skirt itself could be a bit longer as well.

overly great job! keep it up Amadalia

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 4, Episode 2 Gungan Attack
Wolfgar ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: