Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4c47da5a6d15547dc2e9eb8d1f832c6bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

3D print ANH15 Ear Cups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harves4556 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: 3D print ANH15 Ear Cups Reply with quote

Can anyone point me in the direction of any .stl files to 3D print the ANH15 ear cups. I had a look in Thingiverse and unless I used the wrong search criteria, I couldn't find anything. Has anyone had a go at 3D printing these, and if so, are 3D printed ear cups suitable.
I'd love to buy some DroidWelder ear cups, but I fear international postage to Malaysia or Australia could be a killer.
Many thanks in advance...
B-Man (Glen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: 3D print ANH15 Ear Cups Reply with quote

Harves4556 wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of any .stl files to 3D print the ANH15 ear cups. I had a look in Thingiverse and unless I used the wrong search criteria, I couldn't find anything. Has anyone had a go at 3D printing these, and if so, are 3D printed ear cups suitable.
I'd love to buy some DroidWelder ear cups, but I fear international postage to Malaysia or Australia could be a killer.
Many thanks in advance...

I modelled the earcup a while ago and had it printed at my local library, but I’m not that happy with the result. Being hard plastic, I think it’s too ‘solid’ and I’m now thinking if vacuum forming foam over it would be better. However, I’m totally unfamiliar with what the earcup is supposed to be like, whether it should be solid or a bit flexible. I think it’d need to be flexible if you’re wearing a helmet over it too. This is the result of my model…

Here is the .stl if your interested in trying it for yourself, but it won’t be winning any awards for accuracy LOL.

Hope the link works… https://www.dropbox.com/s/zldxuecmbkcg0zm/EarCup_v2.stl?dl=0

Glen.

EDIT: forgot to say that the file linked to is a slightly different version to the one in the photo.
Harves4556 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. Nice file. I'll have a play around with it and see what happens. I think a vacuformed set would be better, but that is some tech I don't (yet) have access to.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be interesting to see how those came out, if printed in one of the newer flexible filaments. Perhaps paint it with some flexible paint, afterwards, like plastidip, or even flexible acrylics.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the real size?

I think should be something around 13 (5.12in) x 11 cm (4.33in), right?

Thank you!
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EduArdPc wrote:
Can anyone tell me the real size?

I think should be something around 13 (5.12in) x 11 cm (4.33in), right?

Thank you!

I answered in your facebook post, but:

11x9.5cm

(See https://www.facebook.com/groups/1567290883392672/permalink/1763839520404473/ for photos of the measurements)

There's more to it than that, though, so see the FB post for the photos.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:

I answered in your facebook post, but:

11x9.5cm

(See https://www.facebook.com/groups/1567290883392672/permalink/1763839520404473/ for photos of the measurements)

There's more to it than that, though, so see the FB post for the photos.

THANK YOU!

I already printed them. Soon will show how they look like... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: