Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=43375be1dba322bdafa58e20564d546dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Announcement : New Cathar Outpost Command team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Cathar Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heco-Wan Kenobi ()
Cathar Base CO
Cathar Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Announcement : New Cathar Outpost Command team Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
OK, following my message yesterday, a few of you contacted me with their concerns, hopes and aspirations for this new organization. The creation of a bigger “Command Team” is something that I feel we have to go through in order to be a more efficient base in the future. Not only in terms of costuming and fun (which are, after all our main goals), but also to represent the Star Wars Universe in Singapore and finally, in our participation to charity activities around our “Little Red Dot”. This cannot be done without members ready to give a bit of their time, and their dedication. I have thought about your comments and what we have said, and this morning, I was ready to ask formally to each and every officer if they accepted their new positions. I am happy to say that everyone accepted. Let me introduce the new Cathar Outpost Command Team:

XO – Tyrene
James Lim, decided to step down as XO of our outpost in order to let other people have a feel of the experience and the responsibilities. He will be missed in this position, but will take on a different role in the new organization.
Tyrene therefore become our new XO. She will, of course, be my voice when I am not there, but also coordinate most events where we participate. One of the goals I have discussed with her is that we should be able to bring troops opportunities, just like the 501st does. Relations with charities is an important part of our activity and we should be able to become a point of entry for these entities looking for a fun way to collect donations. I have no fear that her dynamism and her experience in both the light and the dark side will serve her well in this new assignment.
Membership Officers – Aaron + James
With Cara’s approval, this post also changed. Cara currently has other activities (developing of her mermaid school, how cool is that?), keeping her from trooping more often with us, but she knows she is always welcome to join us anytime.
Recruitment and guidance of new members is paramount for us in this stage of our life as an association. We need to be able to reach a significant number of costumes to be taken as seriously as similar groups in Singapore. This is why I would like 2 persons to be in charge of this. They will not only be the first face potential costumers see when they inquire about us, but also the mentors they need to understand a tricky costume shape or find the elusive armor part. With their extensive knowledge in Pilot and Clone costumes respectively, I have decided to nominate Aaron and James.
Merchandise Officer – Jeremy
Jeremy has been Merchandise officer for a few months already and I must commend him on a job well done. One of the main goal of our merchandise (apart from quenching our own collector’s thirst) is also to spread the word that the Cathar Outpost exists in the World and make people talk about us. We will therefore follow a few projects with Jeremy : trading cards, new patch (when we become a base), etc…
Also, we can become part of the RL world at large by bringing in some RL merchandise too.
PR Officer – Faisal
Once again, it is all about publicity. Faisal has proven in the past few weeks (he is, after all, one of our most recent members) that he had a talent for photo and photo editing. This will serve him well, as he will now be in charge of developing our presence on social media and internet. Pictures of our troops, articles about Star Wars or the other bases/outposts, do not hesitate to send him ideas of things to post to increase the traffic on our pages.
Liaison with other local fan groups – Dom
Dom, was of course an obvious choice, having a foot set deep in both legions, and knowing so many of actors from our local scene involved in their Star Wars’s passion. He will be able to coordinate with all our friends for big occasions in the future (I think about TFA, May the 4th, etc…) and be our voice with them (good thing is, for the 501st he can talk to himself!).
Please join me in congratulating them in their new positions!
Don’t be disappointed (or maybe relieved?) if your name is not here. We all have a part to play, and although this new Command Team has the title, they will work with each and everyone of you to make the Cathar Base Singapore, a landmark in Star Wars enthusiasts’s landscape.

Cathar Base Singapora- Rebel Legion Singapore - www.rebellegion.sg
art2d2 (Arthur Pang)
Borneo Outpost CO
Borneo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new appointments lady and gents. Hope to troop with you soon.
domz ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love talking to myself. But I stop short of getting into fisticuffs
Skulls ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Predator Squadron (Squadron Commander)
TK 6686 - 501st Legion Singapore Garrison
Skulls - Rebel Legion Cathar Outpost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Cathar Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: