Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=081e998955bb275479670ff4f54d5f23Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Illd Saber ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

A Sith Lord pal o' mine keeps talking up a 501st hockey event in Cedar Rapids. He said it was a blast last year and that there was a Rebel Pilot there.

Just wondering if the Central Base is coordinating with the 501 guys for this? I'm not even sure of the date, but I'm only an hour away and plan on tagging along with Vader.
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

Personally, I haven't heard anything about it this year, but I vaguely remember hearing about last year's event.

I'd love to do it, but alas, I'm quite a ways away.
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

I talked with the guy that posted the event on the 501st Central Garrison forums. He gave me the OK to copy his post here.

"The Cedar Rapids Rough Riders Hockey Club has asked us to return for a Star Wars theme night on Friday February 16th, 2007. This event last year turned out even better than I or the Rough Riders thought. I was even surprised by the positive feedback I heard from other 501st members. I'm hoping that even more of us can attend this year.

Things will pretty much be the same as last year. The game starts at 7pm. We should be there by 5 o'clock. They'll probably provide pizza again for us. We'll get a locker room to ourselves. We'll work the fans and the concourse area before the game and during the first two periods. When the last period starts, we'll have time to take group pics and then get out of armor and cleared out of the locker room before the players are finished. For those of you that did not attend last year, the halls to the locker rooms are narrow and the the hockey players are bulky. After the game the players and talent scouts mill about the hallways. It's best if we get in before the players start and out before they finish.

Last time we went out to Applebees afterwards. I imagine we'll do something similar this time.

I'll be posting directions and more details in the months to come, but mark your calanders. I will need RSVP's for troops. Family members were allowed in free last time also, so I will need numbers of them too if they are coming with you. No need to RSVP until January though.

Michael Harrington

TK-481"

I will also keep the base updated as Michael updates the Central Garrison. I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but it would be awesome if we could have a good representation of the the RL there!

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

I know there ar a few 501st from Omaha going so anybody on this area could maybe car pool or something.  I can't make it but if your interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with somebody. 
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

There's a slight chance I may make it out for this now. if I do, I'll see if I can get anyone else from the Twin Cities to come with me.
Illd Saber ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

Yes! Hope you cna make it.

unihawk (Melissa Hawk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

I made it last year in my Jedi robes along with another Jedi from the Jedi Assembly and an Imperial Contractor.(MR. STAR WARS 2006)

We had a great time, It was my first hockey game but we were so busy with the fans that I didn't see much of it.

We had about 12 costumed characters and Vader dropped the first puck.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

I will be going to this event as a Jedi. I've been doing the Dooku thing for awhile and it feels good to be back in the robes again!

I'll also be taking my daughter (Sabrina - Padawan Sabin Faree) with me. However, she will not be in her Jedi robes, but in her new "Foam Trooper" costume. I have pics on my website if you'd like to take a look - www.omahajedi.com
unihawk (Melissa Hawk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

Glad to see another Jedi, I was afraid I was going to be the only one.

Illd Saber ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

Do you guys have any more details on this you can share? We are so close here, but because we are all in Illinois (just on the Iowa border) getting the details is tough.

Also, is this a hardcore 501/RL event? A friend of mine is a custom Mando (which fits nowhere, sadly) and he'd like to tag along.

I could probably get the dark jedi to make the trip as well ...
sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

I think they would be ok. I know last year there was a person there in a mechanics outfit that was going as a "Death Star Contractor."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

As far as I know, it's an open event. Bring whoever wants to come.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

Could we get a listing of who is planning to attend?

I'd like to tell the 501st guy (Michael H.) who is coordinating this so he knows how to plan.

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

How'd this go?  Good turn out?  I was talking with somebody who is doing an internship with Omaha Royals and they mentioned they might be interested in doing a simular Star Wars night.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Hockey thing in Cedar Rapids??? Reply with quote

That would be awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: