About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0bd69356b99756769499d51eea04fc65Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buster726 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Thought I'd pass this along to you guys.  When I asked if there were any specific character requests they said Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, and some girly costumes I beleive was how it was worded.

Jen has already signed up as princess Leia but any other rebel face character costumes are available.  Hope to see a few of you.  Limit 10 Costumers

Where: Woodhull Medical Center
760 Broadway Brooklyn, NY 11206

When: December 17th 12:30- still unsure should only be a few hours
what: on the same day we will be there so will the bikers so we will be downstairs greeting people as they enter afterwards going up to the pedicatrics unit to visit with the kids and hand out toys! I've got plenty of toys but if you wish to add to the lot your more than welcome.

Resrictions: no WEAPONS, limit 10 costumers. Saber's on a belt are okay but no blasters

Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

I love this event, count me in
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Sorry to say we can't afford to travel that far at this time.
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Count me in again for this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Unfortunaetly I can't make it.  I have something scheduled for that day.
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Queen Amidala on 06 December 2006

Count me in again for this year.

which costume will you be wearing?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Since they want "girly" will probably wear the Tan Battle Padme that I wore last year.  It will take too long to get into makeup for the Amidala, and RFT is not very "girly"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

UPDATE

Just got word the start time has changed to 11:00 instead of 12:30.  later this week i'll send out an email to those that signed up with all the final details.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by buster726 on 05 December 2006

I've got plenty of toys but if you wish to add to the lot your more than welcome.

My box of RL temporary Tattoos just arrived today, so I will bring a stack of RL and 501st tattoos to hand out.

JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Darn I have to work this weekend. I am so sorry.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Ed,

Can you make sure to bring some of your RL trading cards to hand out to the kids (and to me too, I don't have your RL card yet  )

buster726 ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

Many thanks to Ruby, Jen, Ed, Mary Alice, and Cat for coming out to this one.  Nothing greater or more rewarding than a hospital visit
GREAT job to ALL of you. 

I will post pics once I clear it with deborah.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: 12/17/2006: NER invite - Hospital visit : Bklyn,NY Reply with quote

This was a great event and we covered even more areas of the hospital then last year.  We had a push cart full toys to hand out in the pedicatrics unit and then we headed downstairs to the pedicatrics emergency room were we handed out more toys.

Then we headed to the auditorium where kids and parents were gathering for event sponsored by the area Motorcycle Clubs.  The Master of Ceremonies gave us a big intro and Princess Leia (Jen) and Rebel Pilot (Ed) wished everyone Happy Holidays. Then we posed for photos and greeted all the kids. (the photos we have will be just of us Rebels and Imps, as there are so many waivers involved for privacy issues for the kids at the hospital).  After that we were invited to have some buffet lunch, that the MC Club and parent/kids would be having later.

Thanks RJ for putting the event together and for getting all the toys donated.  Ed and I also handed out our Rebel Legion Trading cards and an assortment of RL and 501st temporary tattoos that I brought along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: