Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e3be29c158135d3097f3f141d7790d9cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hi from Bundaberg QLD Obi pad costume
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Hi from Bundaberg QLD Obi pad costume Reply with quote

Hi guys I'm excited to be here! Im working on an Obi wan Padawan costume and will be starting a WIP thread. All the costumes in here look great! Any pointers on starting out? So far I'm about half way through my costume.
Thanks for ur time Ben
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gday and welcome Ramobi, Obi wan is a great character but as a named character there are some tighter restrictions on getting approved, but don't let that deter you. There are a few places to look for more information you can look here http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=524 or for the actual costume guidelines here http://www.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-episode-i-the-phantom-menace/
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi storm thanks for the reply, I think I'm close Im just trying to make the food captuals for the belt. Smile so close Hahaha, if there are any issues with the costume do the judges flag and and let u know how to fix it?
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok for the food capsules have a look at this thread http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28412 so going by the Costume guide you'll need 12 - 4 silver and 8 gold.

With the approval process once you submit your pics a panel of judges will look over your pics - and being a named character they are more likely to be nit picky about the costume. If they have any issues with it and don't think its up to standards they will send let you know what needs to be fixed up/changed. Sometimes it will be minor points but sometimes it can call for a major change.

As a suggestion takes some photo's of your progress so far and post a wip = work in progress thread in the Jedi section, that way if someone ( e.g. a judge ) sees any problems they can comment on it and you can fix it before you submit your final work.
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent great thanks for the help I'll put a pick up of the costume so far tonight some time.... Speaking of which how do I do this hahaha ? I have never used forums before, I'm guessing it has some thing to do with photo bucket ?
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked it out Hahaha
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think I'm on the right track?
Tobalation ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ramobi-wan! Welcome to our base.

My name is Tom and I am the Jedi Temple Master for Qld.
Your costume is looking good so far. Don't forget about the food capsules on your belt - I think for obi wan Ep 1 you need 8 gold and 4 silver.

Are your boots reddish brown? they have the straps in the right place -nice work.

Stromraven has given some great advise, if you put up pictures as you go we can have look and answer any questions you have. Please don't worry if the costume judges say something needs to change. This can happen often with a 'face' character. I have seen some get a bit more work and get approved - they always look fantastic!

If their is anything you would like help with please let us know.

How did you hear about us?
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening master,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm working on the food capsules and I have some belt pouches coming soon Smile
Yes my boots are the same colour as the belt, reddish brown tho not sure why it looks so dark in that photo lol.
Thanks for your help, I heard about you guys by looking at the 501st and I saw that there was a light side legion.
I'm very keen to try and the my costume approved just got to Finnish it off first Smile
I see you are in brizzy are you guys doing any thing for the new movie? We are in Bundaberg Smile
stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so you figured out the pic posting Cool

Yes often the boots and belt don't look right in photos I think its got to do with the angle. The only problem i see is the colors your pants and tunic appear to be 2 different colors in the pics and they may need to be the same Khaki color, also your tabards may need to be shortened at the front.

All in all though it looks as though you are on track, if you do have problems getting approved as a named character, you may find it easier to get approved as a generic Jedi first and work on Padawan Obi as a longer term project.
Tobalation ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Im not sure what plans we have for the new movie - apart from seeing it a few times!

Hopefully closer to the time we might get some official invites from various Cinemas and Disney / Rebel Legion approval to attend the events.
Watch this space!

If you like I can see if a costume judge can take a quick informal look at your pictures to see if they can give you some advise? Stormraven may be correct about the colour and length of tabards (mine used to always fall off).

Face characters are pretty difficult, I'm working on one myself now and not sure how it will turn out. BUT, a generic jedi is just as much fun, and you can still use your Obi wan lightsaber. Is that an ultrabsers one? Im a big fan of those guys - but they are making me poor!
Arienh ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ramobi-wan,

Just wanted to let you know that there are a few Rebel Legion members in Bundy. The costume is looking great btw. Smile
Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys long time no talk, but in the coming weeks I'll be working towards getting my obi pad or just a random jedi approved. Very keen. To get the ball rolling again here is a pic of me

Ramobi-wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another pic but just as a jedi not total obi Padawan.

stormraven ()
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good there Ramobi Cool It doesn't look like you need much more to do to submit that costume Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: