Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27941ec4a9b9011e69111bdd9364299dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

3D design and print of EPVII pilot chestbox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also am interested in the chestbox

and..

the hose...

I had looked into the hose from one supplier and found that they do not ship to the US...

PM me if the chestbox is still available...
and if there is a group order on the hose..

and
thank you in advance..

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone in the UK is willing to take up a group order to ship to the US, Sunrider has 15 TFA pilots in the pipeline that need a LOT of hose. Smile
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post my pic of Gerry's chestbox as completed. I added a dimple to the lower button, and an additional hole in the center section, based on some ref pics I had. I'm very satisfied with this, and it'll look great on the completed costume. The base color is NOT pure white. I used Valspar Azure Snow (and EXTREMELY light blue), which looks perfect to my eye. You can compare it to teh center buttons which ARE white.

[/img]
Strongbow ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Jedi wrote:
If someone in the UK is willing to take up a group order to ship to the US, Sunrider has 15 TFA pilots in the pipeline that need a LOT of hose. Smile

Hoseworld WILL ship to the USA, but you have to contact their customer service, and they will only ship by a tracked "rapid" ship method which is expensive. However, if you have a large group order, that would spread the pain. In any case, this hose it NOT cheap.
TK6810 (Gerry Alden)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbow wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post my pic of Gerry's chestbox as completed. I added a dimple to the lower button, and an additional hole in the center section, based on some ref pics I had.
]

Looking good sir!

the circular button does have a 'dimple' as part of the print. AS part of the printing process a 'brim' is printed first, which for this part could cover the hole with a 0.1mm layer (easily removed with an xacto blade).

For those still interested, I am going to do one more run (once my printer is back from being serviced (2 weeks time).

All the instructions are in a previous post. Once i receive a payment, you go into the queue in order of receipt of funds.

there is also a link to an up to date status chart in the same previous post.
Strongbow ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK6810 wrote:
Strongbow wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post my pic of Gerry's chestbox as completed. I added a dimple to the lower button, and an additional hole in the center section, based on some ref pics I had.
]

Looking good sir!

the circular button does have a 'dimple' as part of the print. AS part of the printing process a 'brim' is printed first, which for this part could cover the hole with a 0.1mm layer (easily removed with an xacto blade).

For those still interested, I am going to do one more run (once my printer is back from being serviced (2 weeks time).

All the instructions are in a previous post. Once i receive a payment, you go into the queue in order of receipt of funds.

there is also a link to an up to date status chart in the same previous post.

Great job Gerry... yeah the circular button had the dimple. I was talking about the lower blue button. The kit was really great, and I can't wait to finish the vest so I can put it in its natural habitat! Wink
Goffcorp ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chest box looks fantastic!!!

Goff
TK6810 (Gerry Alden)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, loving that pic, in fact i hope you dont mind but i copied it for the RPF. For some unknown reason I didn't share the box over there. But I have rectified that now that i am about to start the FINAL RUN next week.

I can always do one-off prints in the future, but this is the last run for those that want the box pre-EPVII screening date.
Strongbow ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK6810 wrote:
Yup, loving that pic, in fact i hope you dont mind but i copied it for the RPF. For some unknown reason I didn't share the box over there. But I have rectified that now that i am about to start the FINAL RUN next week.

I can always do one-off prints in the future, but this is the last run for those that want the box pre-EPVII screening date.

I don't mind in the least! I'm quite flattered! Your kit is great, and I really enjoyed putting it together.
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take a us order for hoses and then ship them on as well if people are needing it
OT X-Wing Pilot Judge
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:
I can take a us order for hoses and then ship them on as well if people are needing it

that would be awesome....
should maybe a separate thread be started...

Sunrider Base will probably be the largest purchaser...at this time I am probably going to order 2 of the necessary lengths...one for immediate use...and one spare..
Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:

That would be great. I'll want one.
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splitting the thread is not a bad idea, i've got a gloves thread up and running in the sale section so let me contact them and see what sort of prices we're looking with the incluson of exchange rates etc.

BRB...... Laughing
OT X-Wing Pilot Judge
Fabio ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few in Dantooine Base area that would probably order boxes as well. [and would jump at buying some of the hose as well]

(most of us already jumped on the gloves order)
TK6810 (Gerry Alden)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
the run is now up to 14, which is a sensible limit if the goal is to have all boxes with their recipients in time for the 17th/18th December.
For those that have pre-paid, please keep an eye on the Status sheet for progress (https://www.dropbox.com/s/otkcg46w0m9e4ue/ORDER%20LIST%20AND%20STATUS.xlsx?dl=0)
If you are one of the latter entries and you feel it is getting too close to ship, NOTIFY ME and I will refund your payment.

I will continue to print everyone on the current list (start date middle next week earliest) unless otherwise instructed.

New requests can still be added, but the likelihood of receipt before mid December are slim to zero.
thanks for your understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: