About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=006433eb12e1c4705eabdadc7b737f33Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedifan77 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

I am a school librarian and am in need of SW costumed folks to help draw people to the Open House/Open Shopping night of my library's annual Christmas book fair. The date is Tuesday, November 28th and it's from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm at the Heritage School Library in Phelan.

The past two years, I've received a whole $570 to supply my library with new books, teacher requests, office supplies and the yearly subsciption to my library's computer program. It's really sad!

I supplement the shelves with books I pick up at yard sales and thrift stores and encourage donations of books when ever I can. However, my biggest money makes are the 3 book fairs I have each year. Unfortunately, I had to be off of work the beginning of this school year and was unable to hold the first book fair. Ouch! Now it's crunch time!

I wasn't sure if the idea having Star Wars characters would go over well, so I talked to several of my classes.   I couldn't believe how positive the response was!  They were totally excited!  Since then,  I've had numerous parents talk to me about how siked their kids are about the open house. 
Well, now it's time for the begging! praying Is anybody available the evening of November 28th? You don't have to be there the whole time that I'm open. Any times that work for you will work for me! I'll even have pizza and subs for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you can make it. You don't have to be a member of the IEFF or any group to be welcome... Light or Dark, Jedi or Sith, Imperial or Rebellion! Need to work on those saber skills in front of an audience or just want to do something nice for a school library in need. This would be the place. We're a K - 8th grade school, so you'll have a lot of adoring young fans!

In advance,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

School day.  Sorry, Kari!  Sad
Jedifan77 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

I understand that it's a school/work night.  If I don't ask, the answer will always be "no", so I figured I'd put it out there and take a chance.  I've got 3 or 4 coming from the IEFF, but, the more the merrier!

Thanks for looking, Rachel!

HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

As a son of a school librarian, I'd love to help. But on such short notice, I can't swing it. Sorry.
Jedifan77 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

For those of you that don't know, Phelan is just outside of Victorville.  We're about 1/2 way between Victorville and Wrightwood (Mt. High for you skiers).

Thanks for your consideration!

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

If you haven't already, post this over on the San Diego Star Wars Society and the Orange County Star Wars Society boards. That will increase your chances of getting some volunteers.
jedidadd (brian montez)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

Greetings to all,

I went, I saw, I had a great time!!! Thanks for all the warm hospitality from the fellow Star Wars nuts. I had a great time having photos taken and visiting with all of you. Here is a photo Jedifan77 took. Download it if you like. I won't try to post names with faces since I am very bad at remembering, to many hits to the head with those sabers. I hope you sold a lot of books Jedifan77. Thanks for the invite and I hope to make it to another event or go to one of your meetings sometime soon. "MTFBWY.....A" Brian

P.S. COOL I just noticed it was my 100th post waahoo!!!

Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

WHOA... Is that really Steve?  You know, Kari, if we dyed his hair/beard some, he'd make one heck of an Obi-Wan... 

And it looks like it was great!  Thanks for posting the picture, Brian! 

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

I'm so glad you were able to make it, Brian. At least the event was near your "neck of the woods".

Tell those IE folks to get signed up over here so they can join in the fun.
jedidadd (brian montez)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

Don't worry. I am using the old Jedi mind tricks. I sensed that most were force sensitive.

I'll keep working on them and I know that Miana hangs out on the board also so I am sure she is on them also.

See Ya,

Brian

Jedifan77 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

Hey Brian, Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to come hang with us!  The kids had a great time and my sales were about double of what they usually are for this event.  Was is possible that all of you were practicing those Jedi Mind tricks??  What ever it was, I really appreciate the effort!  It was great meeting you, too!

Even Curious George got into the action!

The things people do to get out of paying those late fees!

I'll do what I can to encourage my people to get signed up over here!

Thanks again, Brian!

darth_haggis (Stephen Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

I don't know about dying my hair (it occationally looks right depending on the lighting conditions) but it does need a haircut, especially if it's going to get more of an Episode III feel to it... and looking like Obi-Wan was partially why I grew the beard and hair out, otherwise I'd have a short military cut that wouldn't take any effort to maintain.

Great pictures Brian and Kari. I'm going to have to photoshop in a blade in some of those though...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

hehe.  It was worth a shot. 

Though how old's your RL picture?  Cuz you've got serious Legolas hair going on (*hair envy since my hair's never that straight/shiny*  ). 

darth_haggis (Stephen Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

The pictures with the long hair were taken in the spring of 2003.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gavin_Nightstrider ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Request for Costumed Characters to Benefit Local S Reply with quote

*laughing*

Wow...

I need to poke at one of those guys in that photo - that's my friend Ronnie, and we work together!

Punk should've told me *grumblies* I would have been there...

*realizes that he needs to check the darn forums more often*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: