Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=01e16e0832cd7325bf59ce47828a6a4dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

9/25/15 - Toys for Tots Kickoff SIGN UP BY 9/3! (Ft Worth)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drell Assassin (Alex Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: 9/25/15 - Toys for Tots Kickoff SIGN UP BY 9/3! (Ft Worth) Reply with quote

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED

Name of event: Marine Corps Toys For Tots Program Kick Off
• Event Location (Address): NAS(Naval Air Station) Fort Worth JRB / Building 1803 Desert Storm, Fort Worth, Texas, 76127
• Event Coordinator: David Guyette / davidguyette@outlook.com / (817) 542-3160
• Date of Event: Friday, September 25, 2015
• Arrival time:11:00am
• Start time: 12:30pm *MUST BE DRESSED* (The 501st, RL, Mandos, and Astromechs will be making a grand entrance, all together)
• End Time: 2:30pm

• Indoor or Outdoor Event?: Indoor
• Will parking be made available to the attending members? Yes
• Are there any parking costs?: No
• Purpose of event (i.e.; Charity, fundraiser, promotion, private party, etc.): To assist the United States Marine Corps in helping a child have a Christmas! This is the official kickoff for the Toys For Tots Campaign. We will have media present at the event.
• Expected number of attendees: 5,000

• Number of costume characters requested: 50 PLUS (as many as we can muster)
• Will a secure changing room be provided?: Yes
• Are fake guns and other weapon props allowed? (stormtrooper blasters, lightsabers, and such)?: Yes, but see instructions
• Will water be made available to the troopers in attendance?: Yes

INSTRUCTIONS:

* While they welcome any Star Wars costume, this event will be treated mostly as a CANON event – having only one Vader, Boba, known face characters, etc. (members with multiple costumes: please consider those with only one “face” costume when choosing yours so more members can attend)
*We can bring any Handlers that we think we will need
*They are welcoming us to bring immediate family members, preferably in a Star Wars costume, but not required
*An Orange ribbon on tip of ALL weapons is REQUIRED (must be visible too, folks)
*In order to sign up, they require your FULL LEGAL NAME, DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER (OR TEXAS IDENTIFICATION NUMBER IF DO NOT HAVE A DRIVER’S LICENSE), YOU MUST BRING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE OR TEXAS IDENTIFICATION CARD. Scot Wilcox of the 501st MUST have this information by September 3rd so that the military can vet everyone attending. A felony conviction or an outstanding warrant can prevent you from accessing the military base.
*If you are the DRIVER of a vehicle accessing the military base, you MUST have a valid Drivers’ License as well as valid auto insurance for the vehicle you are driving. Otherwise, you will be turned away.
*To sign up, use the following format ONLY:

YOUR LEGAL FIRST NAME YOUR LEGAL LAST NAME
THE CHARACTER YOU SHALL PORTRAY
YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER OR TEXAS IDENTITY NUMBER (MUST BRING IT WITH YOU)

You may email this information if you prefer to not post your DL or TXID number to badguysdoinggood@gmail.com - type "Signup for Toys For Tots Program Kick Off" in the subject line.

-At 12:30pm high military officials will meet with us
-Prior to our entrance, or thereabouts, representatives from the Empire (TBD), from the Rebel Alliance (TBD), and the Mandalorian Mercs (TBD), will sign a temporary peace treaty overseen by the United States military
-At 1:00pm music will hit and the entrance of the 501st (and all groups) will begin, all together
-They will have media present at the event. This is the official kickoff for the Toys For Tots Campaign.

Last edited by Drell Assassin (Alex Bean) on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ADarkJediMaster (Rebecca Price)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed my information to Scot Alan Wilcox for this.
Starforge (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this and I was like, wait, what? That's my military base! (I'm in the Air Force Reserves and travel there once a month.) Not sure if I'll make it, since I'd have to take another day off of work (they'd let me, but I'm already taking a week off for DragonCon) and make a special trip up to DFW... but it'd be really fun to wear my rebel pilot uniform on base instead of my Air Force one. Laughing

If I end up making it, I'm totally driving through the base gate in costume, and putting this event down as an EPR bullet. Razz (Attending this would also be added incentive to finish and debut my X-wing pilot helmet earlier than planned.)
Darkrider (Susan Moore)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to work.
Starforge (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what changed? Scott Alan Wilcox sent a group message to Facebook alerting everyone that the event had been seriously altered, but told those of us who are only Rebel Legion members to ask our group's leaders for the new details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: