About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=832ca8e631fd7d2b9f0691ca94e43db8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Skywalker (Tally Smith)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Hey, I saw my name on that spread sheet and the number 1 under wach day...what does that mean??? And as for the dinner, I'll check with the friends I'm staying with to see if I can go or not. I know they wanted to throw me a birthday party that night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Jenniferose7 on 20 February 2007

I hope I can have my new costume ready in time.

Cool.  Do you mind if I ask what new costume you're working on??
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Lady Skywalker on 20 February 2007

Hey, I saw my name on that spread sheet and the number 1 under wach day...what does that mean??? And as for the dinner, I'll check with the friends I'm staying with to see if I can go or not. I know they wanted to throw me a birthday party that night.

The one (1) on each day indicates if someone is slated to be a volunteer that day. Do I have your day(s) correct?

If it's your Birthday, they have your friends come along to the dinner too and we can all help you celebrate.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

I didn't plan on volunteering any. I mean, if you really need me, I can be there but I was just going to relax and hang with my new friends in the New England area.

By the way...I know that the weekend passes are still slod out, but does anyone know if there's anywhere I can still get one (it's not for me I already have mine)?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ysrossko (Joseph Roa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Lady Skywalker on 20 February 2007

I didn't plan on volunteering any. I mean, if you really need me, I can be there but I was just going to relax and hang with my new friends in the New England area.

By the way...I know that the weekend passes are still slod out, but does anyone know if there's anywhere I can still get one (it's not for me I already have mine)?

You can probably call some of the places that they have listed as retail sellers and see if they have any tickets available.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Lady Skywalker on 18 January 2007

Hey, I hope you guys don't mind a Floridian infiltrating your base! I'm coming up for all three days (kinda my birthday present).

I'll be wearing Padme lake dress and torn arena outfit, slave Leia (at nights) and Supergirl!

Tally,

I took your posting in this thread to mean you were volunteering. If you don't plan to volunteer, I will remove you from the list. Please be aware that non-volunteers do not have access to the dressing room/gear storage, the water in the room and lunch vouchers (Sat and/or Sunday only).

FYI: Weekend and Saturday passes are totally sold out both online and at the area Comic Shops.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Yea, I won't be volunteering, when I posted that, I thought this was just a thread for the con...not a volunteering thread. I'm sorry for the confusion. However, my friend Monique (Alderaan base) and I would like to go to the dinner saturday night.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Tally,  I will take you off the volunteer list.  I have at least one person that is waiting to volunteer and I could only get him a left over Sunday spot.  I will give him the slot I had for you on Saturday. 

Dinner: great will add you to the list for Dinner.  All the other bases and garrisons are to RSVP via their own coordinator and just give me a headcount.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Queen Amidala on 07 November 2006

Members will need to work* at least a 2 hour shift in a RL or 501st costume on the con floor plus a shift at the club table (or 2nd shift on the floor depending on table coverage) per day (Saturday or Sunday) for comp'ed admission that day. Friday will probably be just one slightly longer shift.

*Working the floor involves being where the NYCC people tell us to be, pointing con participants in the right direction, posing for photos, and generally just looking cool in our costumes.  Wandering the con floor w/o direction is not volunteering.

In keeping with the latest policy posted by the LCO (see annnouncement and changes ) , I would like to remind everyone that working the club table at the con is in addition to working a SW costumed volunteer shift. NYCC is giving us a table, so we need to man the table. But if the table is already manned for a shift the rest of the volunteers will be disbursed as needed by me or a member of NYCC staff.

mattydog ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

ok i can get tickets. weekend passes but only if i go pick them up and they are selling fast can anyone pick them up for me and ill pay you at comic con??? i need 2 weekend passes

tickets are at

Midtown Comics

200 W 40th Street

New York, NY 10018

(800)-411-3341
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Did you confirm that they actually had any tickets left? Last I heard none of the comic book stores had any NYCC weekend or Saturday tickets. The online sales of tickets shut down several weeks ago. NYCC has been recommending advance ticket purchase for ages and had notices on the website of date they closed the online weekend tickets and when Saturday tickets sold out.

Quote:
*There are a limited number of tickets available for 2007!
* Buy your tickets in advance to ensure your entrance into the show!
* If that is not incentive enough for you to buy your tickets early, we are also discounting advanced ticket purchases!

I'm totally busy doing all the volunteer coordination stuff so unfortunately don't have any free time in my schedule for anything else from now until after the con, so can't do it. sorry.

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

My friend and I had a quick question about the dinner....how shoul we dress? Is it a fancy place or are jeans ok?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Saturday Feb 24th at 9:30 p.m.
Heartland Brewery in the Empire State Building 5th Ave and 34th Street.

http://www.heartlandbrewery.com/media/heartlandbrewery.html

Heartland is a casual resturant, so no need to dress up unless you want to.  Most likely I will be in either my full Sith Cheerleader uniform or just wearing the uniform top with pair of jeans.  I expect most people will be in jeans and thier 501st or RL tee shirts.

mattydog ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

i got tickets im good......
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

For dinner, Mike says he can't make it.  Ruby (from NER) says that he and Jenn will be there.  I will be there.  How about the rest of my Echo basers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: