About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ccf70c0c06e717da93cdac3008a5e6a7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

2007 NEW YORK COMIC CON WILL BE HELD FEBRUARY 23-25, IN THE MAIN HALL OF THE JACOB JAVITS CENTER. TWICE AS MUCH SPACE, WIDER AISLES  Floor Plan (Hall 3E and Galleria) , AND NEW REGISTRATION PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE FOR 2007.

The con has invited Rebel Legion and 501st members to again attend in costume. See 02/24 - 02/26/06 - NYC Comic Con for mission report/details from the last NYCC.

Guests include (click to see their schedules):

Members will need to work* at least a 2 hour shift in a RL or 501st costume on the con floor plus a shift at the club table (or 2nd shift on the floor depending on table coverage) per day (Saturday or Sunday) for comp'ed admission that day. Friday will probably be just one slightly longer shift.

*Working the floor involves being where the NYCC people tell us to be, pointing con participants in the right direction, posing for photos, and generally just looking cool in our costumes.  Wandering the con floor w/o direction is not volunteering.

See post on 02/08 for more details and updated roster posted 02/16. And edited for clarity on the volunteering "work".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

I already have! 
 I don't think we'll actually make it down, but I'm still hopeful.

Jenniferose7 (Jennifer Haviland)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

I liked doing that show and it sounds like it's going to be even better this time around.

Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

I don't think I'm going to Mega Con in florida this year, so I should be able to attend.

Time will tell.

Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

I'm all ready anticipating going every day this con too
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

cool!  Will post on NER.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

RJ, I will be sending a notice out to all the area 501st garrisons, but was waiting a few days so it didn't get lost in the Cinemax promo flurry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Oh..I'm so totally there.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Queen Amidala on 09 November 2006

RJ, I will be sending a notice out to all the area 501st garrisons, but was waiting a few days so it didn't get lost in the Cinemax promo flurry.

Oops, sorry - I already posted this over on Excelsior, but then again we don't have any Cinemax events we're volunteering at.
Cleverlilminx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

This is an event I am planning to go to as well. Just not sure if I troop with the rebels, the imperials or as something else completely different yet.   lol
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by DocBev on 10 November 2006

we don't have any Cinemax events we're volunteering at.

Sure rub it in.  LOL . Posted this up on NER thanks for the invite

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Believe me if the guys and gals up here were able to get the time off work to make the trip down - I'm sure they would have loved to have trooped those events, but we're just too far up in the boonies.

But back to NYCC, it would be nice if they started to list some of the guests they'll be having in the Artists Alley...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by DocBev on 16 November 2006

But back to NYCC, it would be nice if they started to list some of the guests they'll be having in the Artists Alley...

They had (from what I was told) a great list last year. I'm not a comics person myself, so if they are not a huge name, I don't know who they are. The exception would be someone like Star Wars Artist Series: Adam Hughes , I know him from our Dragon*Con Moulin Rouge group. I didn't even that's what he did, until I saw him at C III in the artist's section.

I am psyched that J. Michael Straczynski (creator Babylon 5, Crusade) is a guest, I have not seen him at a con in years.

I may just have to break out my Emperor Cartagia costume for a while. http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=queenamidala&AID=2556335

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

Ooh - yes you should Mary Alice (wear your Cartagia that is)!

I just saw JMS last year (Aug 2005) at the big expo up in Toronto, I finally got my big Babylon 5 cast shot finished with the addition of his signature. It was a beautiful sight.

I had started it back in 1999 I think it was and it was a relief to finally have it completed.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: 02/23 - 02/25/07 NY Comic Con: NYC Reply with quote

I think I'm 90% complete with my B-5 cast autograph photo. But lately, I just have not been into getting autographs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: