Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=31ff146e4d99a7939160636c24efc663Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/5/15 32nd Annual Dominion Richmond Christmas Parade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (14)

(0)

(6)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndTue Aug 11, 2015 8:01 pmFri Oct 30, 2015 1:53 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiWed Aug 12, 2015 7:21 pmFri Dec 04, 2015 5:52 pm
azri84Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:03 pm
SchwankyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:31 pm
Koda VonnorSun Sep 20, 2015 11:37 amSun Sep 20, 2015 11:37 am
Red5momTue Oct 06, 2015 11:11 am
Jedi LedaTue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 pm
TGaines107Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:32 pm
Nikkos KhannThu Nov 05, 2015 5:20 amSat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 am
PangbornCCSun Nov 15, 2015 1:24 pm
Sol Kar PloonFri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 am
twilekjediMon Nov 30, 2015 12:48 am
Colt45Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:47 am
silentTue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 pm
Yeo KeroSun Aug 16, 2015 1:29 pm
ForestmoonstudioWed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 am
Turtle CommandoTue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Ao Bin'durMon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 am
Ami-Lyn KelSun Nov 29, 2015 2:08 pm
Bouri-PlwelFri Dec 04, 2015 2:13 pm
Forestmoonstudio ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad you are going to do this James.
This will be one you will never forget as Chewie.
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon the french but everyone goes ape poodoo over Chewie: kids, adults, newscasters, all of em

Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this time I thought it was me they going ape doodoo over!

Darn that Chewie!
Mad
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han and Chewie back together....wooohooo...we have our DYNAMIC DUO!!!

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TGaines107 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me smile.
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm debating whether to not to get a hotel/motel room and come down on Friday for the dinner (as well as not having to worry about obtaining parking on Saturday morning).

Joel, could you post something like you did in previous years showing where to park, shuttles, muster point, etc. with times?
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywalker2B wrote:
I'm debating whether to not to get a hotel/motel room and come down on Friday for the dinner (as well as not having to worry about obtaining parking on Saturday morning).

Joel, could you post something like you did in previous years showing where to park, shuttles, muster point, etc. with times?

I have updated the first post with all of the pertinents

The Comfort Inn Conference Center Midtown has really decent rates.
They are on Broad St

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rates have dropped at the Marriott at the end of the parade route down from an insane 250 to 142 with AAA if anyone prefers that over Comfort Inn

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon-Ari_Kenobi wrote:
The rates have dropped at the Marriott at the end of the parade route down from an insane 250 to 142 with AAA if anyone prefers that over Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn is $79 per night, King Room Non smoking just as an FYI

Joel Webne
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are hosting a Christmas party after the parade at 5pm:
http://whoozin.com/JXE-YEU-GFK7

If you'd like to participate in the Secret Santa sign ups: [url]elfster.com/exchange/view/15440606/a1af8b[/url]
Firestorm Clan
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 more days until the parade.....WOOOHHHHOOOO!!!

We have about 12 people now plus our faithful R2
From the looks of things we have
Shivannd- RFT
Jon-Ari - Obi Wan
Schwanky - Leia
Conley - Han
James - Chewie
Cassie - Pregnant Padme
Devon - Jocasta Nu
Steve - Corran
Cami ? - Boushh
Brian ? - Colt
Brooks - Pilot or Plo
Rick ? - Pilot or Jedi
Bill - Jedi
Lillian - Jedi
Troy - Jedi
Jason - R2-D2

We are number 39 in the parade.
As usual all of the main information is posted up on the first page for times to show up
We will have the dinner on Friday night at our regular haunt, O'Charleys around 7:30pm on the corner of Horsepen and Broad Streets.
Please let me know if you have any questions. My cell number is 804-874-0595

We will be coordinated as International Star Wars Costuming Organizations for the program and the cameras and the order of marching will be Rebel Legion, 501st and then Mando Mercs
This is how the Parade staff would like us for the camera crew so be prepared to be on camera
Thanks again

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be bringing Boushh, not Aayla. Firing up the air compressor at 6AM is way too early when in a hotel. I was really worried we were disturbing our neighbors the last time. Embarassed

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twilekjedi wrote:
Will be bringing Boushh, not Aayla. Firing up the air compressor at 6AM is way too early when in a hotel. I was really worried we were disturbing our neighbors the last time. Embarassed

Duly noted. We wouldn't want that happening. I have you and Brian with question marks since you were still on the maybe list. I didn't want to commit you to the parade unintentionally. Hopefully your schedule will permit it.

Joel Webne
Red5mom (Devon Meyers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Good place for my family to be after I muster Reply with quote

I am bringing my Daughter and son with me to Richmond for the parade. My daughter is 19, son is 12. They can look after themselves after the parade starts. Any recommendations about where they can go after they drop me off. We plan on keeping the car parked at the muster point. Will it be easy for them to walk to a viewing place? This is my first time at this event.

Alternative - can they march along?

Although my daughter does have a cosplay, it is not RL approved. Steampunk Ariel as a Jedi. She won second place at the VAComicon back in August. If I have time I might make my son a Padawan costume. Let me know if this will be allowed. If not they will find a place to watch the parade.

[img]https://goo.gl/photos/bmBEkRhBb4k3ke6r9[/img]

It's not a problem if they can't....We will probably be staying at Marriot so my daughter can just drive back there after dropping me off and watch the parade from near there. Thanks for all you do. MTFBWY
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good place for my family to be after I muster Reply with quote

Red5mom wrote:
I am bringing my Daughter and son with me to Richmond for the parade. My daughter is 19, son is 12. They can look after themselves after the parade starts. Any recommendations about where they can go after they drop me off. We plan on keeping the car parked at the muster point. Will it be easy for them to walk to a viewing place? This is my first time at this event.

Alternative - can they march along?

Although my daughter does have a cosplay, it is not RL approved. Steampunk Ariel as a Jedi. She won second place at the VAComicon back in August. If I have time I might make my son a Padawan costume. Let me know if this will be allowed. If not they will find a place to watch the parade.

[img]https://goo.gl/photos/bmBEkRhBb4k3ke6r9[/img]

It's not a problem if they can't....We will probably be staying at Marriot so my daughter can just drive back there after dropping me off and watch the parade from near there. Thanks for all you do. MTFBWY

Unfortunately only canon characters are allowed to march. If you are able to complete your son's padawan costume then he can march with you. But the one for your daughter, while a great costume, cannot. If they are going to come to the muster point with you and stay there then bring chairs and a blanket and I can point you to an area near where we turn the corner and they can set up there. It is best if they are coming in with a parking pass to just stay there at the beginning of the route and hang rather than fight the road closures getting back to the hotel. We are #39 in the parade.

We are looking forward to having your Jacosta Nu in the parade! thanks for making the trip. When you come to the dinner at O'charleys Friday night I will give you a parking pass to get into the area where we are mustering.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: