Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=73e36dba2625f6e692c5d99099090784Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Aliens in R.A.I.D.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigwillis (Sam Clinton)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any progress been made on this issue/topic recently? What with Rogue One being released and all that, the film having a greater emphasis on Alien and female combatants. Smile
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The judges are standing firm on the helmet rule.
Regardless of what has been slipped through in the past;
regardless of what is in the video game;
all R.A.I.D. troopers must wear the required costume elements for humans.
This is for official approvable costumes.
What you wear at a con is up to you.
What you wear at an event needs to be cleared with your local base event coordinator.

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navarre1095 wrote:
What you wear at an event needs to be cleared with your local base event coordinator.

I may not like it, but i accept it Smile

i want to now work towards getting my RFT approved as a Rodian with helmet

What guidelines are there in terms of how well must it fit (judge discretion im guessing?)

Also what modifications are we allowed in order to make helmets fit, e.g. for a rodian would it be acceptable to cut holes for antenna? Or would it be acceptable to scale up the helmet by 10-20% in order to fit over a mask?

Chris Lynn

Rebel Legion Ireland Base - PR Officer
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to get with the judges on that.

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navarre1095 wrote:

So just so I understand you correctly, you are now saying that it is impossible to get any of the alien characters from Battlefront approved?
rtdubz (Trey Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Solo wrote:
navarre1095 wrote:

So just so I understand you correctly, you are now saying that it is impossible to get any of the alien characters from Battlefront approved?

They can be approved, but it must be the Battlefront version of the trooper, which is different from Movie versions of the troopers
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 17 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navarre1095 wrote:
From what I've seen the argument can be made that helmets, per se should not be required for aliens.

The exception would be the Sullustan soft helmet.

This has been discussed often...
At this time, if you want to submit a Trooper costume, you must be able to fulfill all of the requirements including the head gear, footwear, gloves, etc...

Where some aliens are seen in various deleted scenes....you can make that "face character" as per the deleted scene following the rules in the charter for characters where there is no standard.

Generic Troopers do have standards....and in order to be a "generic Trooper"...your alien creature must be able to fulfill all of the required pieces for said generic Trooper.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding modification of a helmet to permit body parts to fit, I would need to see prooof of it from three views head to foot (standard for any character) to judge it accordingly.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'nott sH'urr wrote:
regarding modification of a helmet to permit body parts to fit, I would need to see prooof of it from three views head to foot (standard for any character) to judge it accordingly.

Thank you makes sense

Would you consider re-sizing a helmet to fit over a mask modification as well?

Chris Lynn

Rebel Legion Ireland Base - PR Officer
Pigwillis (Sam Clinton)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too accept it.

My Bith ERT might have to be a con-character alone. Smile
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to research the EA Battlefront Rebel Fleet Trooper and the EA Battlefront 2 Rebel Fleet Assault Trooper because I would like to help to get more aliens into R.A.I.D. Those two are the closest to the ANH RFT and aliens do not wear helmets in BF1 or BF2. I chose the RFT because that is the trooper costume that I am most familiar with. I do not own the games so I am searching the internet for images and games play through video clips. I will post my findings in two extra threads. I will post a CS proposal for each trooper in the correct forum section when my research is completed.

EA Battlefront RFT:
The main differences between the ANH and BF1 RFT are that the vest is a little bit shorter and has a different pocket layout on the front. The holster and belts are a darker brown and the antenna of the helmet is bent. In the Battlefront 1, death star trailer some RFT were wearing short black gloves.

EA Battlefront 2 Rebel Fleet Assault Trooper:
As far as can tell right now, the BF2 Rebel Fleet assault trooper is based on the BF1 RFT. It just has an extra bandolier on the left shoulder with two greebies similar to the Endor Trooper in the chest area plus some brown leather pouches on the right hip area and a black canvas back.

OddViking (Colin Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted to adapt my approved ERT to an alien. Looking at the Rodian, it has no helmet, and also cammo long sleeve undershirt (which is not how they were in Return of the Jedi). The other weird detail is that the Battlefront game shows the Rodian with gloves, but Rodians have extra long fingers with suction cups that would never fit in human gloves.
My question is, do I add a donut helment, but take off the gloves? Create "fingerless" versions of the ERT gloves? I have a spare oversized donut, so that part is not an issue, but sewing a new cap would require holes for both the "mohawk" of spines and the antenae. It seems like it is not as simple as "stick to the standards: when Battlefront 2 solved it much more simply.

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d3/Rodian_DICE.png/revision/latest[/img]
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OddViking wrote:
I also wanted to adapt my approved ERT to an alien. Looking at the Rodian, it has no helmet, and also cammo long sleeve undershirt (which is not how they were in Return of the Jedi). The other weird detail is that the Battlefront game shows the Rodian with gloves, but Rodians have extra long fingers with suction cups that would never fit in human gloves.
My question is, do I add a donut helment, but take off the gloves? Create "fingerless" versions of the ERT gloves? I have a spare oversized donut, so that part is not an issue, but sewing a new cap would require holes for both the "mohawk" of spines and the antenae. It seems like it is not as simple as "stick to the standards: when Battlefront 2 solved it much more simply.

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d3/Rodian_DICE.png/revision/latest[/img]

Your question cannot be answered that easily. If I understand this discussion correctly the adjustments to your approved ERT would not get a Rodian ERT approved. If you want to get an alien approved in a generic costume all elements of the human R.A.I.D. trooper are required as well as the alien elements. Since ERTs do not have open fingered gloves but regular Rodians have these long fingers the two would exclude each other. After reading this statements it seems your only chance would be to copy the exact battlefront look.

rtdubz wrote:
Captain Solo wrote:
navarre1095 wrote:

They can be approved, but it must be the Battlefront version of the trooper, which is different from Movie versions of the troopers

Since there is no CS for aliens in R.A.I.D. we would have to look at the Article II: Costuming Standards of the charter.

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/legion-charter/#3

If I understand this correctly you could get a Rodian ERT from EA/DICE Battlefront 1 or 2 approved. The process should be similar to getting a face character approved that does not have a CS.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the male version of the EA/DICE ERT always has the same body. It always looks like the human male body. The only thing that seems to change is the head and perhaps the backpack. The human male has a helmet whereas the Rodian sniper just has a human body with a Rodian head.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, have you read this entire thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: