About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=22f40908779e5433465c5f52d93352b7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Vector Base Logo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knightshade (Darren Blum)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Vector Base Logo Reply with quote

I've had some great luck with it as a starting point....

Far easier to capture all of the detail than the pen tool in my experience.
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Vector Base Logo Reply with quote

I checked with Justin a few days ago, he has everything he needs (with exception of time  ) and will be working on the vector logo shortly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
knightshade (Darren Blum)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Vector Base Logo Reply with quote

Thanks for the update!
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Vector Base Logo Reply with quote

Justin told me he was having issues with one of his PC hard drives, waiting on update if he has it fixed yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Vector Base Logo Reply with quote

My computer is back up and running, but I have 50,000 files to sort through and rename, alot of fun for me...

I may have to recover many of the logos I have done in the past couple years by redrawing them. Some files just simply vanished on me. I am hoping to at least find the RL logo I made along with Ra Kura's logo since that one was a tad more complex.

I am sorry I have not got to Echo Base's, but on the bright side, I don't have to redo anything and can start pretty fresh on it with no worry.

Hard Drive malfunctions really sap up alot of time and when you have no backups.....eek!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....thoughts?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks alot cleaner than the old image... Good job Justin!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ltcmdrtom@aol.com (Tom Kuntz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious, what is "North Ridge Patrol" & why is it on the logo? Confused:
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exerpt from Empire Strike Back:

INTERIOR: REBEL BASE -- CORRIDOR

Pilots and gunners race to their waiting snowspeeders. Ice
and snow begin falling from the walls of the corridor, shaken
by the pounding Imperial snow walker as they draw ever nearer.

TRENCH OFFICER: (over comlink) We have spotted Imperial walkers!

CONTROLLER: Imperial walkers on the north ridge.

EXTERIOR: HOTH -- ICE PLAIN -- SNOW TRENCH

The Rebel troops aim their weapons at the horizon as
explosions erupt all around them. They are nervous and their
grip on their weapons tightens from the cold and from fear.
Behind the troops a dozen snowspeeders race through the
sky.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that's the "what", now, Why?
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's there cause when Mookie created the base, and came up with the nbame, he was working on his Hoth Rebel Trooper costume. He kept every reference to Hoth he could in the logo.

And there it is.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious & Confusing , Looking around the boards most of the Echo Base logos, don't carry the wording at all & when I saw the wording on the picture in Pimordo's posting above, I found it confusing, "North Ridge Patrol" makes it sound like it's a seperate section of Echo Base, (kinda like how in the 501st Garrison can have a squad). Especially since the Buffalo Fanforce Group calls themselves The North Ridge. Very Confusing with that particular wording on the logo.

Looking at other Base Logo's they read "Rebel Legion" & 'base name' but ours dosen't , Shouldn't the logo read instead " Rebel Legion" & then "Echo Base"

*edit* funny, I never noticed that the wording is indeed on the logo on my signature, I never could tell what it said since it kinda fades out on the outside of the circle. Now that I know what to look for I can make it out.

If a high quality version of this logo is needed for some project, shouldn't things like that be fixed 1st?

Reaper wrote:
It's there cause when Mookie created the base, and came up with the nbame, he was working on his Hoth Rebel Trooper costume. He kept every reference to Hoth he could in the logo.

And there it is.

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the main reason Justin was vectorizing the logo in the first place. It didn't look as good as it could for the trading cards, and other projects... Snowspeeder 2

I have always liked this logo and have remembered it as long as I've been a member. There were some hooded sweatshirts made a long time ago that were really nice.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree & the Snowspeeder is a great way to identify with Hoth & Echo base , I'm just proposing changing the wording on it so the logo reads "Rebel Legion" not "North Ridge Patrol" That would make it a bit more consistant with the other Rebel legion base logos. And recognisable as RebelLegion because it actually would say Rebel Legion.

JediXXL wrote:
That was the main reason Justin was vectorizing the logo in the first place. It didn't look as good as it could for the trading cards, and other projects... Snowspeeder 2

I have always liked this logo and have remembered it as long as I've been a member. There were some hooded sweatshirts made a long time ago that were really nice.

Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Logo has always said North Ridge pqatrol, it's the way it was designed ( I know, I was there) and it's our logo.

It has no connection to the Fan Force, It's Rebel Legion. The original hoodie says it. The Logos without it are actually the unofficial ones. If you note, the logos in your banners all have North Ridge patrol.

I see no reason to change it now after 6 years.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: