About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c6b24db1d9261a9b4eea1bda2d7fed87Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Canadian Base Coins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

I have started an interest thread in the Canadian G forums and would like to propose a similar thread of interest here in this forum.

Would the Canadian Base members be interested in the creation of a challenge coin?

On one face of the coin would be the Canadian Base logo, and on the opposing side, what would we put on it?

I have suggested a union of both Canadian RL and 501st on each side, but I am still awaiting the verdict of that idea from the 501st members as well the merchandising officers may not approve.

I am open to positive discussion and design submission as to what to put on the opposing face.  Some suggestions.

Rebel or Old/New Republic logo

Rebel Legion logo with the approval of the council.

Other.

This is an oppourtunity for getting a jump on the other bases in regards to merchandising, if we follow through with this project, we could be the first Rebel Base to have a challenge coin!!

Your Thoughts?

Randy

Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

It's interesting! How many people or coins do you need for a run and what's the approximate cost?
malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Cost average will be approx $10 - $15 per coin (dependant on quantity ordered).  I have available funds to place the order in any quantity probably (50 -100) and then ship them out when people build up their own cash.  However I will open the availability to other RL members if Canadian purchases are slow (somehow I believe they will be but I don't mind being proven wrong).

The additional purpose if this interest thread is to see how many Canadian members are interested in acquiring a coin, and based on that the quantity to be purchased or if it is worth doing at all.  4 or 5 interested members does not a 50 coin order make!

I notice unfortunately it usually takes a very long time to acquire payment orders around here so if I just buy a set amount and people come around asking for them I can immediately ship them.

I will be posting an interest thread in the merchandise to see how many non base members will be interested so I can get a better number for quantities.

Also we will no longer be the first for coins.  Starfighter command coins are now being made available, as well as Legion coins available soon!

Randy

Yan Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

I am *interested* in the concept of the canadian coin.

let us know how it goes about the joined 501st/RL idea

I would like to know if "ALL" the run must have the same design on both side... I was thinking it could be cool to have "Canadian base" on one side, and maybe "a choice of logo" on the other (RL logo, Rebel logo, Jedi logo, etc.)

(this is just an idea)

in any case, put me up in the "interested" list.

malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

The run eg.50 would all have to have the same logo.  We could do another 50 with a different logo. 

Personally I would like to see a min 15 Canadian RL members express interest before I order the coins. 

I'm sure I can sell 5 to the BC members, that just leaves another 10.

And of course the decision as to what to put on the second face.

Randy

Yan Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

I'd actually like a joined RL.canada and 501st.ca if possible - "flip the coin, what side are you in?"

otherwise, the Rebel logo would be great.

Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

I'm clueless as to the point behind the coin...What's it for?
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Trading, collecting, giving away Smile

Both the 501st ones and the Stargate ones have been quite popular with the celebrities and collectors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

I'll be putting it to a vote in the Canadian G what they would like on the second face, but it doesn't sound promising for Canadian Base logo on the opposing face.  Sounds like I will have to order a seperate coin for the Canadian Base.

The answer to Arisone's question:  Challenge coin rules,

A holder of a challenge coin may "challenge" any individual who is known to have a coin.  A challenge is made by brandishing your coin and raisining it in the air or by tapping it on a bar or table.  The indiviual who is challenged is required to produce their coin within 60 sec.  If the individual produces the coin the challenger is obligated to buy them a drink.  Vice Versa for the challenged individual.  It does not have to be an alcoholic drink.  If a coin is dropped and hits the floor.  The owner is obligated to buy a drink to all who witnessed or heard the coin drop (provided the witnessess have their coins on them) 

There are many variations to these rules.  The challenge coin is based on military coins and the games created by comrades owning a coin,  A form of esprit de corps and camraderie, it's nice to have a coin!

Randy

Perhaps not an item desired by a jedi, but it's still a symbol of our group.

Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Primrodo on 27 October 2006

Trading, collecting, giving away Smile

At $10-15 per coin - ahhhhhhhh no. I doubt I'd be giving one away. Too pricey for that.

I dunno, I'll have to think about it. I'm not one for drinking games (alcoholic or otherwise) and commemorative coins never really piqued my interest.  *shrugs*  I collect interestingly designed real money coins instead.

malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Actually price is closer to under $10 dollars, I got some pamphlets with some info on them.  The Canadian G and Badlands G seem to be interested in the coin concept enough that I will be putting to a vote what they will want on the opposing face of the coin, I may also be looking at doing 2 runs, one for each garrison.  As soon as their is enough interest I can get the ball rolling for the Canadian Base.

Randy

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Heh but if they made JedCreds THAT would be cool!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Arsinoe on 28 October 2006

I collect interestingly designed real money coins instead.

Can I take your coin collection to the bar to "look" at them? Please? 

Can a non-Canadian get in on one? Not like I'm not up there every other week...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

Gil....Only if I can take your paper money collection to the bar and "look" at them.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Canadian Base Coins Reply with quote

When do you want to go?  I'll warm up the printer...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: