Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb3f9492d3235e16c8f66adeb7301e76Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Base Rebel Trooper Detachment?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JM Saber-Slinger (John-Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Endor Base Rebel Trooper Detachment? Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am new to Endor Base (recently immigrated from Sunrider Base) where I was a member of their Rebel Trooper Detachment, the 1138th Special Forces.

Does Endor Base have its own Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment (RAID) Squad/Fire Team?

If not, I noticed that Endor Base has several Endor Base members with Rebel Trooper costumes on the roster. Would anyone object to the formation of an Endor Base Rebel trooper Detachment/Fire Team?

If you support the formation of an Endor Base Rebel Trooper Detachment/Fire Team, would you be willing to lead as Endor Base Rebel Trooper Squad Leader?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are enough to fit the requirement I think it would be a great idea. Anything to add to the awesome that is Endor Base. Smile

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here for my favorite RL costume Cool

sign me up trooper Mr. Green

I nominate you JM for FTL and I'll be your 2nd in CMD if needed.
By the way, what are the requirements to form a Fire Team?

starting the ball rolling on names:
- Lambda Fire Team
- Tydarian Fire Team
- Endor Infiltrators
- Shield Destroyers
- Friends of Furrys LOL J/K

sorry all of the above are Endor/Ep6 related. I'll try to think of more general names to include all troopers, i.e. Hoth and Tantive.

JM came from the 1138th, what about the 577th for May 25, 1977 or
583rd special Forces for when Jedi was released.
Corsair 13 'CooR' / Honorary Dragon Snake 7
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooR wrote:
I'm here for my favorite RL costume Cool

sign me up trooper Mr. Green

I nominate you JM for FTL and I'll be your 2nd in CMD if needed.
By the way, what are the requirements to form a Fire Team?

starting the ball rolling on names:
- Lambda Fire Team
- Tydarian Fire Team
- Endor Infiltrators
- Shield Destroyers
- Friends of Furrys LOL J/K

sorry all of the above are Endor/Ep6 related. I'll try to think of more general names to include all troopers, i.e. Hoth and Tantive.

JM came from the 1138th, what about the 577th for May 25, 1977 or
583rd special Forces for when Jedi was released.

RAID is always looking for more Squads!

Josh to answer your question, here is the breakdown on what it takes to create a fireteam (smaller group) or Squad (larger group).

topic: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51894

If you are interested in creating a new RAID detachment for your Base/Outpost, please fill-out and send the following information in a private message to the Detachment Commanding Officer.

Thank you, and good luck!

- - - - - - - - - -

I/we, as a member(s) of the Rebel Legion, hereby formally request permission to form an official Base Squad/Fire Team. To our knowledge, no such Squad/Fire Team currently exists. In requesting this formation we agree that all guidelines have been followed per the Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment Charter – ARTICLE VII, REGULATIONS 1-4B.

Proposed type of Squad/Fire Team:
__ One Base-wide (all OT Trooper types)
__ Costume-specific Specify: ____________________

Troopers requesting Squad/Fire Team formation: (include name & RL forum login ID.)
(1) ____________________________ / ____________________________
(2) ____________________________ / ____________________________
(3) ____________________________ / ____________________________

Proposed Squad/Fire Team Name: ______________________________________

Date Requested:___/____/____ Approx # potential members: 1-10 11-20 21+

Proposed Squad/Fire Team Leader: (include name & RL forum login ID.)

_________________ / _____________________

Do you have a proposed Squad/Fire Team Crest? Yes No (if “yes”, please send a URL)

Based on my past experience of the last few months I wuold say get your art together, and make certain that it is in line with RL rules regarding merch and PR guidelines. the PR officer and LMBO will be signing off on the artwork for your Squad/ FT.

The members of the Squad/ Fireteam need to be members of the RAID detachment, which is easy to do by siging up in this topic, and I will take care of the rest:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10067

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
David, Louisiana's first Visitor.
guelras (David Goldsberry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to join up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I am very happy to say I received several replies via email, Private Message, and after seeing the replies in this thread, I believe we have enough people to form a base detachment! I'm also pretty sure that we can drum up some interest to swell our ranks in the future as well.

Josh, although I would be honored to take first crack at getting our detachment off the ground, I would not want to step on any toes since I am new to Endor Base. I wouldn't want my enthusiasm to be mistaken for anything else but a desire to help. If anyone else is interested, I would be very glad to get the heck out of your way and do my best to support you! I've always said that I don't need a title to help out, and that is most certainly true to this day! Smile

David (I love your RL board name), thanks for posting links to the relevant information!

Perhaps we can start a thread for detachment name ideas, and then put it up for a vote after some discussion? Although I am a Rebel Fleet Trooper, since we are Endor Base, I agree with Josh that perhaps our Squad should have a designation that is appropriate for a Forest (moon) environment -- of course, it is all up to the base.

Sunrider Base's 1138th Special Forces had a cool name, I thought -- even though I'm not really a "Special Forces" kind of a guy. I was hoping we could have a name inspired by SEAL Team 6 or even Delta Force.

Or, how about something like Forward Advance Recon Team (Motto: "We're Silent But Deadly")? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I am excited to see all the enthusiasm, and truth be told, I have yet to have the opportunity to see a detachment being formed, and have no idea how it works yet, I would assume that the BCO and/or BXO should be involved? Has anyone talked to them yet?

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draeden Wren wrote:
Though I am excited to see all the enthusiasm, and truth be told, I have yet to have the opportunity to see a detachment being formed, and have no idea how it works yet, I would assume that the BCO and/or BXO should be involved? Has anyone talked to them yet?

Good idea, Donald!

I sent an introductory message to the BCO but have not yet received a reply.
I figured it would be best to see if there is any interest in forming the detachment first, and it seems there is enough interest. Smile I started this thread to keep anyone who is interested in the loop and hopefully get as many people as possible involved in the discussion. I presume the Base officers will see this, since they are in charge of the base, and this is the base's forum?

I really don't know anyone in the base (yet), so perhaps someone with the "inside connections" can help us out? Again, I don't want to step on any toes or overstep my boundaries.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am not stepping on any toes here or coming off too strong or whatever -- being the new guy and all. However, I am not one to let something die on the vine if I believe in it, so...

I started this thread almost two weeks ago, and even before that, sent email and/or private messages to most active Endor Base members who currently have a Rebel Trooper costume and asked them if they would support the formation of a Rebel Trooper Fire Team/Squad for Endor Base. Everyone who replied (about 6 or 7 or so) stated they would willingly join and otherwise support the idea.

After some thought, I would like to volunteer myself as the initial Squad Leader, with a term to last until the next election (October 2015). This would give me just enough time to get the application in and help set things up for someone with more Endor Base seniority than myself to step up and take over. I believe I am qualified to do the job and would like to refer anyone interested in asking about my performance to members of the 1138th Special Forces (my former detachment with Sunrider Base) for their opinion on my qualification to get the job done.

I would strongly prefer to NOT continue after the initial term, but am willing to do so if there is a need for me to continue and/or no one else is willing to volunteer.

If no one objects, I would like to request permission from the Base Commander (or whoever else is qualified/authorized to give it) to send in the application for a Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment squad for/on behalf of Endor Base, with myself as the interim Squad Leader.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our BCO is out of town but you should e-mail and PM him for sure as he is one to also help make sure word gets out to our Base in his e-mail news letter, etc. I have some recollection there are parts they could be involved in? At the least I thought they needed to give an OK, which I'm usre he would. Just formality.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Endor Base RAID Application Reply with quote

As per Dbuck's approval today on Facebook, I sent this to the RAID Detachment CO a few minutes ago. I only included the names & RL sign-ins for those who indicated via email their interest in joining Endor Base's Rebel Trooper Detachment:

We, as a members of the Rebel Legion, hereby formally request permission to form an official Base Squad/Fire Team. To our knowledge, no such Squad/Fire Team currently exists. In requesting this formation we agree that all guidelines have been followed per the Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment Charter – ARTICLE VII, REGULATIONS 1-4B.

Proposed type of Squad/Fire Team:

X One Base-wide (all OT Trooper types)
__ Costume-specific Specify: ____________________

Troopers requesting Squad/Fire Team formation: (include name & RL forum login ID.)
(1) John-Michael Arias / JM Saber-Slinger
(2) (Joshua) / CooR
(3) Ernie Katler / Ernie
(4) Ken Tarleton / Obi1Kenny
(5) David Goldsberry / guelras
(6) David Buckler / dBuck
(7) John Schlosser / jschlosser

Proposed Squad/Fire Team Name: Forward Advance Recon Team

Date Requested: 27 July, 2015

Approx # potential members: 18 currently. Proposed Squad Leader plans to recruit members to add to this roster, much like he did as Squad Leader for Sunrider Base's 1138th Special Forces.

Proposed Squad/Fire Team Leader: (include name & RL forum login ID.)
John-Michael Arias / JM Saber-Slinger

Do you have a proposed Squad/Fire Team Crest? Yes No (if “yes”, please send a URL) Currently working on design. Are we restricted to only one? That is, can we make one for each of the three OT Rebel Trooper costumes?
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proposed Squad/Fire Team Name:[/b] Forward Advance Recon Team

FART? Not sure if the RL will go for that

Last edited by Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks) on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're Silent But Deadly.
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess a name needs to be decided on before any logo stuff can start. Although I don't think a rump and/or a green cloud would fly with the merch officer LOL.

I'll throw 583rd up again (release date of RotJ) but I can see why troopers wouldn't like it being so close to 501st.

I remember the Endorian Bastards and loved it, but of course we all knew that wouldn't be allowed. Sad Laughing

So how about ....
Endorian First Responce Team=E F f o R T (its not perfect)
Endorian First Fire (, O??? &) Response Team - for the 'O' ordinance???
Dumb motto time:
1) Because we always give our best
2) It's no EFFORT to be this good

(Endorian) Infiltrators Extraordinaire = EIE

For more hilarity, continued on page 2, post #3 Evil or Very Mad
Corsair 13 'CooR' / Honorary Dragon Snake 7

Last edited by CooR () on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is coming up with a name something that only the potential detachment members are allowed to get in on, or do you want to open it up to suggestions from anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: