Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3cd2922f640c45c53e4c38ac732069e7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Prequel Style Jedi - Costume Standard Proposal (Part II)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogue9607 wrote:
I guess the next question is: Is there reference for this Y-shaped tabard with only a single extension below the belt?

Not that I can find. The single bit below the belt is on totally different costumes that are one-offs for face characters. None are the it/ot/tabard style we should be discussing here.
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons the generic jedi have always been a very popular costume (in fact, maybe THE most popular in the entire legion) is the ways you're allowed to customize the costume. This has both been the tricky part about this standard, but also the thing that really set the costume(s) apart. You could look like something from Star Wars, but still "be yourself". How wonderful is that.

We keep talking about three references for something, and I can think of at least three jedi with a single (leather, granted) tabbard: Luminara, Ahsoka and Shaak Ti.

And yes, before people start shouting "Face Character" I am well aware of the fact that these three are indeed what we refer to as "Face Charaters" (though this in no way make them "not jedi")

And I can see that elaborate Tabbards with gold, shimmer and sparkles may seem a bit "off".

However, the Y shaped tabbard offers the ability to have the one tabbard covering the crotch - which we DO have references for! but also maintain a more streamlined look. The costume I showed off before:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=6420&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D6684&bl=Back+to+Anakin+Skywalker%27s+profile

Mynocks deliver Babies
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the issue with the three you mention being face characters, rather that they do not wear the OT/tabards/obi general costume that this standard focuses on.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Skywalker wrote:
One of the reasons the generic jedi have always been a very popular costume (in fact, maybe THE most popular in the entire legion) is the ways you're allowed to customize the costume. This has both been the tricky part about this standard, but also the thing that really set the costume(s) apart. You could look like something from Star Wars, but still "be yourself". How wonderful is that.

We keep talking about three references for something, and I can think of at least three jedi with a single (leather, granted) tabbard: Luminara, Ahsoka and Shaak Ti.

And yes, before people start shouting "Face Character" I am well aware of the fact that these three are indeed what we refer to as "Face Charaters" (though this in no way make them "not jedi")

And I can see that elaborate Tabbards with gold, shimmer and sparkles may seem a bit "off".

However, the Y shaped tabbard offers the ability to have the one tabbard covering the crotch - which we DO have references for! but also maintain a more streamlined look. The costume I showed off before:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=6420&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D6684&bl=Back+to+Anakin+Skywalker%27s+profile

Since we have that many jedi using a single leather tab below the obi, I really think we should reconsider allowing it for the generic jedi. It is used by jedi consulars in swtor too:

That said, I really think you make a good point. The Y-tabs are a great combination of the single lower tab and twin tabs. Also, I could swear I have seen jedi with Y-tabs somewhere, but I can't remember where. I'll look in my comics when I get home from vacation, see if that's where I remember it from.[/img]
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogue9607 wrote:
I don't see the issue with the three you mention being face characters, rather that they do not wear the OT/tabards/obi general costume that this standard focuses on.

^^^ What Nick said, are there references for a single below the obi tabbard attached to two over the shoulder tabbards for this standard of costume - OT/tabbards/Obi

I know Luminara, Ahsoka and Shaak Ti have a leather tabbard but that's a single tabbard attached to a belt. And the costumes are different to what this standard is trying to cover.
http://www.rebellegionuk.com/forum/
Dust ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a few pics of Y-tabs:

Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah_d wrote:
rogue9607 wrote:

^^^ What Nick said, are there references for a single below the obi tabbard attached to two over the shoulder tabbards for this standard of costume - OT/tabbards/Obi

I know Luminara, Ahsoka and Shaak Ti have a leather tabbard but that's a single tabbard attached to a belt. And the costumes are different to what this standard is trying to cover.

Okay, I admit not following the other thread closely, but I am very confused now, and I need to know how many different Jedi Standards we plan to implement?? And how to keep them apart? And why? o_O

Mynocks deliver Babies
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original idea was to keep the standards specific to each era/costume.

For example, these are the standards we have so far that cover different costumes-

Generic-
http://www.rebellegion.com/jedi-costume-standards-generic/

TOR armoured-
http://www.rebellegion.com/the-old-republic-armored-jedi/

Generic Jedi General-
http://www.rebellegion.com/generic-jedi-general-the-clone-wars/

Generic KOTOR I
http://www.rebellegion.com/generic-kotor-i-jedi/

Generic Old Republic-
http://www.rebellegion.com/generic-old-republic-jedi/

These are all very different costumes, but still Jedi.

Having seperate standards to cover these is easier than trying to fit everything into one single standard.

How many will we have? I don't know to be honest. If someone makes a costume and there isn't a standard for it but there's enough refs to make it 'generic' then we take it from there!
http://www.rebellegionuk.com/forum/
Dust ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the need to separate the generic jedi into some different standards, but I think it's important to make as few as possible to keep it from being to hard to navigate (especially for new members). I already think the Generic Old Republic (which should be named Generic Unarmored TOR, as it is made for the game alone) is very close to the generic jedi we are working on here.
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dust wrote:
I see the need to separate the generic jedi into some different standards, but I think it's important to make as few as possible to keep it from being to hard to navigate (especially for new members). I already think the Generic Old Republic (which should be named Generic Unarmored TOR, as it is made for the game alone) is very close to the generic jedi we are working on here.

Just an example with the TOR standard.... That one only covers the Tython style of robes, not all unarmed TOR Jedi. Other styles would need their own standard and would not be incorporated into a single standard
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah_d wrote:
The original idea was to keep the standards specific to each era/costume.

For example, these are the standards we have so far that cover different costumes-

Generic-
http://www.rebellegion.com/jedi-costume-standards-generic/

TOR armoured-
http://www.rebellegion.com/the-old-republic-armored-jedi/

Generic Jedi General-
http://www.rebellegion.com/generic-jedi-general-the-clone-wars/

Generic KOTOR I
http://www.rebellegion.com/generic-kotor-i-jedi/

Generic Old Republic-
http://www.rebellegion.com/generic-old-republic-jedi/

These are all very different costumes, but still Jedi.

Having seperate standards to cover these is easier than trying to fit everything into one single standard.

How many will we have? I don't know to be honest. If someone makes a costume and there isn't a standard for it but there's enough refs to make it 'generic' then we take it from there!

This separation of suits seems perfect. Sarah thanks for the information.

I believe that the proposal we are analyzing sounds good. With this proposal, we incorporate elements of Jedi of the Prequel movies, Comics, games and novels of that era

With regard to the point that we are currently analyzing (Tabard Y), with the image placed Dust is sufficient reference to consider this variant Tabard on the proposal we are discussing and working
(Obi Wan Kenobi in Clone Wars enters in the reference and period of this proposal, clearly separated from the other Customes Standards presented by Sarah)

Although we might consider it as part of the Generic Jedi General's Standard Custome.

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the tabard Y, there is a reference:

The book "the Jedi Path" has examples of that.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/11753862_1006169466080534_1598396845_n.jpg?oh=d2407359fe421a7a93fb03582ae50a47&oe=55ACE736

It is from the book, and provided by Zack Dyess

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dust wrote:
I found a few pics of Y-tabs:

Neither of these fits the standard under discussion, however. They are cool costumes, but they aren't an IT/OT/Tabards/Obi costume. One is a Jedi general with the surcoat type OT and the other is a SWTOR costume.
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
Regarding the tabard Y, there is a reference:

The book "the Jedi Path" has examples of that.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/11753862_1006169466080534_1598396845_n.jpg?oh=d2407359fe421a7a93fb03582ae50a47&oe=55ACE736

It is from the book, and provided by Zack Dyess

Best Regards!

That one shows no tabards, so also not the costume in the standard under discussion.

Why does everyone want to mix all sorts of costumes into one standard? Common costumes can have their own standard and other costumes can be made by submitting pics. There is no sane reason to try to shove them all into this standard.
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dust wrote:
Since we have that many jedi using a single leather tab below the obi, I really think we should reconsider allowing it for the generic jedi. It is used by jedi consulars in swtor too:

If they were wearing the costume under discussion I'd say sure, but none of the examples given are wearing the IT/OT/Tabards/Obi costume.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: