Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=965de7e9c77dd1239e0e4961aa76c269Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Prequel Style Jedi - Costume Standard Proposal (Part II)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
Considered pictures will be unacceptable if the applicant is wearing or holding anything not Appropriate for the costume, treats including but not limited to sunglasses, convention badges, drinks, etc. Medical and assistive devices are exempt.

Although it is in the Charter, is not a bad idea to clarify in the standard also (in part additional notes), to make it more clear to judges, members and future members

If it is in the charter, it shouldn't be in the standards or you have to change the standard any time you change the charter.

[quote]
With respect to Tabard Y

There are no clear references that allow the existence of such variant. Still, the images that we saw in the book "The Jedi Path", in my opinion, I would include.
[\quote]

Seriously? Your reference pics aren't from the same time period, aren't clear (like it doesn't look like tabards) and yet you want to include it? Really?

*sigh*
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannv wrote:

Of course, in spite of asking what we're really aiming for here, none of the leadership has said a word in answer, so we're just floundering around with no real idea of direction. So, I'll ask again. s the leadership and LCJHs planning on multiple standards for Jedi or are we doing one generic standard that tries to cover everything?

My understanding of this situation is that it's a debate for us to review the changes and provide our thoughts.

The reviewed sections is on debate. Plus oraculo and Sarah Drummond have provided input. The only other person that might need to weigh in is the LMO and the LCJs.

As far as an all inclusive generic jedi that is what we already have.

I think we need to be careful of not becoming the custom jedi group but having them all classified under one all encompassing standard is going to be cumbersome and lack direction.

I think that 4 standards covering generic jedi should suffice.

General Jedi Clone Wars - the cone wars era as covered by the animated series.

Kotor jedi - heavy armoured / no armour jedi as per the game and MMO

Old Republic jedi - prequels

Jedi Rebel - Luke, old ben And New Republic EU.

Do or Do not, this is no try. - Yoda
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I think it's time to take this back to the standard committee and refine it. There has been a lot of input and if any of you still have new reference, please post them. Smile

Hello Lora:

I agree. We need you to refine the proposal. This post is open to new suggestions and ideas.

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KJO members,

The proposal that remained after voting and intense debate of three weeks, judges, officials of the membership and officers of the detachment will analyze the proposal to polish, refine and determine a solid version of the standard

Infinitely I appreciate your cooperation in these three weeks. All they made important contributions to the standard.

I leave this post open for you to suggest ideas and new references that have or are. We will consider in the analysis of the proposal

Thank you very much for cooperation and jelp

May the Force be with you! Wink Wink
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a judge, I have seen time and again applicants being asked to remove their glasses. I really think we need to clarify that glasses are included in medical devices so maybe just change it in part d to say " Medical and assistive devices such as glasses are exempt."

Also, I believe there is a typo in the same line. I don't think Treat is the right word under the holding anything not appropriate for the costume part.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer & Tosche Temple Mistress Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:

Examples of acceptable Inner Tunics can be found here- [/i]

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=generic-jedi-inner-tunics

this list is not complete.

your list is titled: "prequel jedi inner tunics"
(as if these are the ONLY ones ever seen in the movies).

what about all the "movie accurate" prequel jedi inner tunics, which are not pictured at this link?

for example,

here is a movie-canon "prequel jedi inner tunic" with NO collar visible at the neck
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/0e/8a/80/0e8a801c55fbdd5d8d9457ffe07568e5.jpg
his inner tunic is ONLY visible at the sleeves.

--> this means inner tunics do not need collars -- only sleeves

(( all we need for reference, afterall, is just one picture from a "prequel jedi inner tunic",
such as the ones in your link)).

(( here we have an example, with NO collar, at all)).

please add this example to your KJO reference page..

the Jedi's name is Master "Coleman Trebor" : he has NO collar, on his inner tunic; ONLY sleeves.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coleman_Trebor

who is he? he sat on the jedi council in attack of the clones -- he shares the same rank as Ki-Adi Mundi; he has more screen time than "Eeth Koth" (FFS).

therefore , this inner tunic style SHOULD be allowed (same as ki-adi mundi and eeth koth).

http://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/200/2-starwars2/full/starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-2791.jpg

^^ here is a screencap of him sitting on the jedi council in AOTC -- he is a ranking member of the jedi council, same as Ki-Adi Mundi -- he is present for this entire scene in the jedi council, and also the geonosis arena where he attacks count dooku and is killed by Jango (he has LOTS of screen time).

his inner tunic style: no collar; only sleeves.

(if Ki-Adi's inner tunic style is allowed as "generic jedi" , then there is NO REASON why Trebor's should not be allowed AS WELL).

--> suddenly, inner tunics don't need collars, at all. Razz
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Coleman Trebor is a CGI alien species (a Vurk to be specific); I think that unless you are portraying a race as exotic as his you should still have an inner tunic with a visible collar. Remember - his attire was designed by the effects team, not by Biggar's costume department; ALL the Humans and other aliens that use the generic Jedi design made by the costumers and existing in the real world have inner tunics with visible collars. As he is a CGI creation, his costume does not actually "exist," so we can't examine it to see if it had an inner collar. And whether or not he was on the council ("ranking" having no application to that body) makes little difference, since the choice not to show the inner tunic was made, not by a Jedi Master, but by some computer animators. They are not actual costumers. So what difference does it make if he was on the Council, or even just a lowly Padawan?

And clearly there is another factor to consider - to what, pray tell, are those sleeves attached? The animators probably did not think of that little detail, though a practical costumer could not have failed to miss it I am sure. But I can only assume that the good Master Trebor does not wear sleeves attached to thin air, and that the canon explanation would be that his outer tunic simply covers the inner, which would naturally have to include SOME means of closing the garment and holding those sleeves up, and such a means would almost certainly have a collar. Unless he uses the Force to do so all the time, which would be a chore even for a member of the illustrious council. I would recommend finding another example for this case.

Besides, when a Human lacks the inner tunic, the outfit usually looks sloppy and incomplete. A Vurk like Master Trebor is another matter. Wink

NOTE: It is true that Adi Gallia does not have an inner tunic - but she does not have inner sleeves either. And she is a specific face character, not a generic Jedi, so her special outfit does not apply to the Generic Jedi standards. Ki-Adi-Mundi's does only because of Sarissa Jeng, who, though named, is still considered a generic Jedi. She alone is the reason such a style is even deemed acceptable for the generic standard; if not for her, it would have been considered specific only to Ki-Adi-Mundi.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."

Last edited by Tag Aldeggon () on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 10 times in total
Tag Aldeggon ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your note about Master Ki-Adi-Mundi's style of outfit, by the way - I feel that the specific garb worn both by him and by Sarissa Jeng should have its own entirely different standard. It doesn't have to be complicated; just call the classic look "Generic Jedi Style 1" and the other "Generic Jedi Style 2." They can have their own separate standards under one catagory, instead of the mess we get by trying to include the two distinct styles in one overly-broad, stretched-like-butter-over-too-much-bread category we have now.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:

http://i0.wp.com/caps.pictures/200/2-starwars2/full/starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-2791.jpg

^^ here is a screencap of him sitting on the jedi council in AOTC -- he is a ranking member of the jedi council, same as Ki-Adi Mundi -- he is present for this entire scene in the jedi council, and also the geonosis arena where he attacks count dooku and is killed by Jango (he has LOTS of screen time).

his inner tunic style: no collar; only sleeves.

Ummm... This pick looks to me to show a robe, OT and IT at the neck. The IT is just a deep V not the shallow one you see on Obi-Wan and Anakin. So, it doesn't support no collar.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a robe, tabbard, OT.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: