About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=02d90cdc08a998e25fba8edd020fe6f2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Great pics everyone thanks for posting and sharing. I have to live vicariously through you all for the time being. Everytime there is and event I am either working or engaged in some family obligations.

Cleverlilminx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Well the Philadelphia event was nothing less then fun!!! I'll try to get photos up when I get some. We even had a Chewie flown in to help out and he is probably the same guy as in the photos that Mary Alice posted. Good guy and excellent costume, my garrison mates and I were blown away.

I did my part for both sides as being a Jawa but the rest of the folks were from my garrison, Carida.

It was a PR event and not a call center visit. 12 hours of trooping and my feet are killing me but it was sooooo worth it.

I hope everyone has a good time with these events as I did in Philly today. Smile
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

I handed my camera to the event orgnizer and he took these photos of the event:
http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=queenamidala&AID=4045720

A huge thanks to RJ for coordinating all the NYC area Cinemax promos, and trooping almost evey one!

And here are some photos from the ECG PRO: http://imageevent.com/bobdes/501st/cinemaxhbo?n=0

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

many thanks to ALL the RL help on these I believe RL had someone at almost every one. 

thank god these are over!!!

Lets not forget to thank the person who was the main organizer across north America for these Reaper.

what was really missing though was a RL banner.  Wink 

*ducks as Ed starts throwing random objects*

Cleverlilminx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Here are photos from the Philly event:

http://www.ontiq.com/gallery/Carida-HBO-Cinamax-PA-11-06-2006?page=1

More photos are coming these are just the first ones.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

DSC_0321.jpg

Wow, it looks like you had better "Jedi" for the training section at Philly.  Some of the one's they hired for NYC event were so-so, and they certainly were not doing anything like this. 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Just in case you don't have the song burned into you head from hearing it a zillion times at the Cinemax Jedi Training promo: Nerf Herder Music Video . And you can enter the contest if you make your own video.
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Ugh...busy life stinks.  I need to make time for more events.
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Not THAT video!

::Runs and hides::

I was lucky that I was only at GCT for a few hours and not all day, that song was on every other minute I think.
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

OK...I have to see this when i get home
Cleverlilminx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Look, they made a video at the Philly event:

http://www.ziddio.com/oneVideo.zd?dispatch=fetch&artifactId=174
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Prima just sent me some more pics. Smile

these are from the 10/25 call center at college point with myself and Mark Fordham as well as a few from the Nov. 3rd Grand Central gig.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bee1gee/album?.dir=/bf34re2&.src=ph&.tok=phYD22FByqaG1Pyn

enjoy still working on getting more.

Thanks again to ALL the Echo base costumers that came out to help us on this one.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Message from Mark Fordham 501st LCO :

Once again I'd like to thank everyone who participated in these Cinemax events. I know there were a few kinks in the works here and there, but you all made the best of it like the true troopers that you are. Your dedication was obviously appreciated, and this morning I received confirmation that a donation was indeed made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation for...$10,000!!! I was astounded at the amount and hope that you are likewise pleased and that it makes up for any inconveniences endured along the way.

I had asked for charities of choice from each participating unit, including the Rebel Legion and Jedi Assembly, but Cinemax indicated it was their preference to make out just one check to one charity. The majority of the charity-of-choice responses I received were for Make-A-Wish, so that was the charity I gave them.

Again, thanks to all who helped bring this donation to fruition!

Mark Fordham 501st LCO 

HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Wow!  That's awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: