About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d15fec1c199e86b99c4feafe065dd986Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

This is the info I have so far for the NYC Cinemax events (thanks RJ!).  They're calling for costumed 501st and RL costumers on the dates/times listed below.

All events have a changing place, paid parking and any refreshments that
may be needed. 

First three are Time Warner store events.  (This will be at call centers, walk around take some pics the usual.  You may be asked to remove any weapons)

October 24th 11am-6pm:   23rd Street

October 25th 12pm-2pm: Queens call center (College Point, NY)

October 26th 12pm-2pm: Long Island Call Center (Cablevision, 200
Quadrangle, Jericho , NY 11753)

November 3rd 8am-6pm:  Vanderbilt Hall -Grand Central Terminal, this is their BIG
one. 

** This will be a live event.  Plans are to have a jedi recruitment center and they are
working on a backdrop of the Deathstar as well.  As this is a live event, you may be asked to remove you weapons, but feel free to bring them. AWARE its a live event you may be asked to remove them.  (The time is how long the event runs for if you can only make it for a few hours that's fine whatever commitment you can offer is good.)

November 10th 12p-2pm: HBO Office, HBO corprate lunch (for their employees)

More info as I have it!

HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

I have locations, dates and times (but not much more info) for the PA and DE appearances.

Pittsburgh, 23-Oct 2pm-4pm:  300 Corliss St., Pittsburgh, PA 15220

New Castle/Delaware, 25-Oct 2pm-4pm : Comcast, 4008 N. DuPont Highway, New
Castle, DE 19720

Philadelphia, 9-Nov. 8am-6pm:  City Hall-Dilworth Plaza (Live Event)

buster726 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Katie thanks for posting this.  Still need one person for next tuesday in queens or staten island.  the troop would be from 11a-6pm all mals parking etc taken care of.  if you can do that email me

toma187@yahoo.com

Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

I'm OK'ed for days off from work for 11/03 and 11/10 so I can attend the NYC events. Planning on wearing Queen Amidala.

Edit: Will be in TK on the 10th, as they want more IMP for some events that day.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
buster726 ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

that GREAT mary alice I have yopu on my list. 

any chance someone can do tuesday the 24th in queens or staten island?  please?!!!!

Wingnut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Cant get days off and I dont have the budget available for travel. Sorry.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by buster726 on 20 October 2006

....any chance someone can do Tuesday the 24th in queens or staten island?  please?!!!!

Too short a notice to be able to take off, plus Tuesdays are the worst day for me, I have a zillion reports I have to prep for Wednesday a.m. meetings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Sorry but I can't afford to take the days off either. 
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

No time off available for me... Sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChrisAgony ()
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Abbey and I are attending the Pittsburgh event, but she'll be dressed as the emperor
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

I switched days with a coworker and now have the entire day of the 10th availble I also have the 3rd open, but only until 12noon, after that I have leave for a mini vaca in MD for my birthday

Tuesday should be interesting
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

We won't be able to make any of these I don't think. Most are 5-6 hour drives.
ChrisAgony ()
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

I attended the pittsburgh event yesterday with 2 stormtroopers. The event went very well although ran almost an hour longer than we had planned. Abbey forgot her mask so she was the photographer for the day.

Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Yesterady was fun even though I was by myself in Manhattan (more attention to me lol). I stood outside a few times in the Picnic dress and froze myself silly. I stopped going outside because this strange guy and woman kept coming up to me and bowing while saying "We are here to serve, my Queen". The security gaurd had to come outside and intercept when the guy wanted to give me a hug to keep me warm lol.

Gotta love NYC lol.

One teenage girl comes up to me and goes "WoW! Awesome Queen of Narnia dress!"   Der, Wha?! LMAO! I also got called a Hippie and Renaissance queen (almost everyone called me Princess Leia, I gave up correcting them after the first hour). One little boy was so in awe that Padme was standing right in front of him (he called me Padme too - yay). He asked me why I wasn't on Naboo today and where was Anakin - too cute . He got even more excited when 'Padme' handed him a lollipop - kids are so cute.

RJ, how was Staten Island? I heard you guys were moving 80+ boxes in the first few hours! We hit our heavy stream later in the day (like 20 in one hour).
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: Cinemax Donated $10,000 to Make-a-Wish Reply with quote

Glad that we got coverage for the events, even if it was just one (or a few). Looking forward to doing the events next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: