About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=edc1799da4d89518e76aa09750402066Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

On Saturday, November 11th, Make-A-Wish is holding a gala up here in Rochester, NY. It's called Reach for the Stars and is a creative black tie event where guests are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite TV star, movie star, rock star, or sports celebrity. As such, we will fit in perfectly with the theme of the event. Also, because of the nature of this event this will be limited to 501st and Rebel Legion approved costumes.

We will have a room to store our gear and change in at the Hyatt. It may be combined with their volunteer room or we might have one to ourselves.

Also taking place this day is Astronomicon 10 in the Clarion nearby. So it should be easy for most folks to just troop right over from one hotel to the other as I think they're connected via skywalk.

Make-A-Wish would like us there and ready to troop at 5pm. The event lasts until 11pm, however we would only be "required" to be there until 7pm-8pm. I did suggest that it might be possible for us to take shifts and/or come back to the floor after a break. We can work all that out as we get closer to the event though.

If you're interested in attending, I'll need to know what costume you'll be wearing and how long of a duration you're able/willing to troop.

Wingnut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Well I'll be going.

I'm betting you'll be going since you're organizing it Smile

Darren will bring his Chewbacca.

Maybe Gils going from Buffalo

DarSolo might be Mara..might be Leia.

Isnt anyone else interested in a Make-A-Wish event?
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

I'd be interested, but I won't know until closer to the date if I can make it out.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Checking the schedule as well. This is the first I've heard about this...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
knightshade (Darren Blum)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you were unaware of the event Gil.

I was pretty sure that this has ben listed in the Upstate NY event thread on echobaserebels.com for some time.

Let us know what your availability is.
ltcmdrtom@aol.com (Tom Kuntz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

I'll  be there  , but not  sure  as if  I'm going  as  RL or 501st . It  may depend  on  how  my  new tabbards   come  out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Well of course I will show up. I better since I am always saying how I can not make it to out of town events that are to far away. I have no excuse not to. An RL event in my own town is nice. I will be doing Death Star Escape Han. Endor Han is not complete or registered yet unfortunatly. I should be able to do the whole 2-3 hours or what ever.

HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Making this a sticky until the event.
DarSolo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Since my Mara has not been approved yet, I'll be there in my Ewok village Leia dress unless I get something else completed and approved by then.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

ATTN Volunteers:

Please PM me the answers to the following questions by November 2nd at 4pm to confirm your interest in participating in this event.

First costume choice:
Second costume choice:

Note that the costume(s) you choose must be 501st/RL approved or be "for this event" approved by Darren Blum (Excelsior CO).

Time without break that you can be in each of your costume choices:
For example I can wear my Rebel Fleet Trooper for hours, but wouldn't last much longer than 45 mins without a break in my Jawa. I need to know this information so I know when you will need breaks and be able to make assignments accordingly.

Time you will be at the Clarion:
Although the event is at the Hyatt, many of us will be at the Clarion for Astronomicon 10 (see planning thread here). We will be meeting up at 3:30pm for a group photo and then heading over to be at our green room by 4pm for an on the floor start time of 5pm. If you will be there earlier, later or at 3:30pm please indicate this in your answer.

Approximate percentage indicating how definite you are about your participation:
For example 100%, 75%, 50% etc

Thank you in advance for helping me plan this event easier.

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by HothGirl on 04 October 2006

I'd be interested, but I won't know until closer to the date if I can make it out.

Do you know yet if you might be able to make this?
I'm hoping to finialize the schedule this weekend.

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by JediXXL on 10 October 2006

Checking the schedule as well. This is the first I've heard about this...

Do you know yet if you might be able to make this?
I'm hoping to finialize the schedule this weekend.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Volunteers for this event are now capped.
I just heard from Make-A-Wish that I'm limited to about 6 characters on the floor at one time and I already have 15 volunteers to rotate amongst.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

I will be PM'ing each person their assignments as I thought it would be too confusing for everyone to get the whole thing and have to sort out their part.
If you don't see it by Friday morning, PM me. Likewise, if you have any questions once you see your schedule, PM me. Most volunteers should see their PM on the Excelsior boards, if you are not on those boards then check FanForce as I don't really like this board's PM system.
Essentially each person has 45 minute shifts sometimes followed by another shift or a break depending on personal costume duration and the amount of characters out on the floor.

There are 4 positions:

Hotel Lobby Greeter - these characters will stay on the Lobby Level. They can wander between the escalators going up to the Ballroom Level, the top of the stairs where patrons will be coming in from the parking garage and the top of the stairs where patrons will be coming in from the street - basically you can "patrol" whereever as long as you stay on the Lobby Level.

Main Room Entrance Guards - these characters will stay on the Ballroom Level, but won't actually go in the Ballroom. Although you will probably spend most of your time near the entrance doors to the ballroom you can wander around as long as you stay on the Ballroom Level.

Main Room Minglers - these characters will remain inside the Ballroom and mingle with the patrons at the gala. If there is absolutely nothing going on in there or we are asked to leave so as not to distract from a special presentation then these characters would hang out elsewhere on the Ballroom Level like the Main Room Entrance Guards.

Floaters - these people characters are free to roam around amongst all the other characters, but I would ask you try to remain if an area gets too crowded - go float elsewhere in that case.

And of course this whole thing could just get thrown out the window when Make-A-Wish sees us and wants all of us out on the floor at once, but until I hear differently I'm going to adhere as closely as I can to the guidelines they have requested for our participation in their event.

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: 11/11/06 - Make-A-Wish Gala: Rochester, NY Reply with quote

Thanks to all who donated their time at this event.
Here are the pictures.
Stay tuned for another one of these in the spring!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: