Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f84e49e16d5c929975f218fecff449eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mara Jade Green Dress & Tunic Costume Update Proposal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order -> KJO Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Mara Jade Green Dress & Tunic Costume Update Proposal Reply with quote

Two week discussion - 27th May 15

MARA JADE - LONG GREEN DRESS

Required Items:

1. Dark green dress with a rounded neck line; mid-calf length, with a loose, flowing skirt. Sleeves should be gathered to a cuff.

2. Wrap around overskirt of the same fabric as the dress. Overskirt does not meet in the center, and has a hemline that is shorter on one side.

3. Black leather or leather like belt, two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide, with a rectangular silver buckle approximately 2 inches wide.

4. Brown, flat soled, mid-calf height boots. Boots should be completely wrapped with strips of fabric or leather.

5. A round, brown leather or or leather like shoulder bag approximately 8-10 inches across, with appropriate patterns. Strap should be long enough to be worn across the body, and be approx. 2 inches wide. No beading, fringe, outside pockets, or other embellishments are permitted.

6. Round silver brooch, approx. three (3) inches in diameter, with a raised, circular area in the center.

7. Shoulder armor covered in a brown, leather or leather like material, closely resembling what is shown in this illustration. Each piece is a different size, and is three dimensional.

8. Luke Skywalker ANH or ESG lightsaber hilt. (Anakin ROTS is also acceptable)

9. Long red hair, with a single, three-strand braid at the center back. A short, Padawan style braid may be worn on the left side of the head.

MARA JADE - TUNIC AND PANTS (Vision of the Future Cover)

Required Items:

1. Dark green tunic of mid-thigh length, with long sleeves gathered to a cuff.

2. Matching green, close fitting leggings.

3. Black leather or leather like belt, two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide, with a six-sided silver buckle approximately two (2) inches wide; or a rectangular silver buckle approximately two (2) inches wide.

4. Brown, flat soled, mid-calf height boots. Boots should be completely wrapped with strips of fabric or leather.

5. A brown leather or leather like rectangular shoulder bag approximately 10 inches across. Strap should be long enough to be worn across the body, and be approx. 2 inches wide. No beading, fringe, outside pockets, or other embellishments are permitted.

6. Round silver brooch, approx. 3 inches in diameter, with a raised, circular area in the center.

7. Shoulder armor covered in a dull silver metallic material, closely resembling what is shown in this illustration. Each piece is a different size, and is three dimensional.

9. Long, red hair, with a single, three-strand braid at the center back. A short, Padawan style braid may be worn on the left side of the head.

Costume Resources-

Jedi Forum-
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

KJO Detachment Page-
http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=mara-jade-green-dress
http://www.rebellegionuk.com/forum/
stroudy (Peter Truscott-Stroud)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me!

Elstree Base XO
Event Co-Ordinator
JaclynGFC (Jaclyn Duhe)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the tunic version, the sleeves seem to be fairly close fitting to the arm, so what is meant by "gathered to a cuff"?

I like the splitting up of the two versions into two separate lists. It makes the necessary combinations to achieve the two styles for this costume much more clear. (even if it means I really need to re-make parts of mine! which I need to do anyway. Rolling Eyes) I had a difficult time when working on the tunic version, figuring out if the shoulder pieces HAD to be the silver version or if the leather version would work.
Mira_Darkstar (Anna Rossmann)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to make a few suggestions on the short dress version. First for the boots, you are showing a picture from the long dress version, there is another refrence for the short dress that has a black boot wrapped with tan/brown. I think this should be the option.

The second would be that I do not think the shoulder armor should be a silver tone, from the pictures I think they look more like leather and would look better as leather or brown colors.
http://kataja.mono.net/upl/9783/800pxVisionoftheFutureJapm0.jpg

Last edited by Mira_Darkstar (Anna Rossmann) on Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mira_Darkstar (Anna Rossmann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since we have the two slightly different reference photos for the short dress version, we should have the option of the six sided belt buckle or the normal one from this picture.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/80/69/5a/80695a5d833ad068ddb947603577a18a.jpg
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some additional pictures in this album. And I believe the boots ref Anna is talking about.

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=mara-jade-green-dress
Dun Got Class Costuming Creations
KrisAntilles (Amanda Burk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I agree, the shoulder armor looks more brown to me than silver.
Dun Got Class Costuming Creations
JaclynGFC (Jaclyn Duhe)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the inclusion of the black boots wrapped with brown. The only shot of the short tunic's feet seem to show clearly black boots with brown wraps.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mira_Darkstar wrote:
I would like to make a few suggestions on the short dress version. First for the boots, you are showing a picture from the long dress version, there is another refrence for the short dress that has a black boot wrapped with tan/brown. I think this should be the option.

The second would be that I do not think the shoulder armor should be a silver tone, from the pictures I think they look more like leather and would look better as leather or brown colors.
http://kataja.mono.net/upl/9783/800pxVisionoftheFutureJapm0.jpg[/img]

Those boots are dark brown. If you compare them to the belt the difference becomes clear even in the low light of the image. But yes, we should change the picture to the other set of boots.

For the armor, it depends on which cover you look at. Unfortunately the references aren't very consistent so this standard has been hard to write. We could make both versions a part of the standard.

Regarding the belt buckle, both versions are already included in the VotF version.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaclynGFC wrote:
For the tunic version, the sleeves seem to be fairly close fitting to the arm, so what is meant by "gathered to a cuff"?

I agree "Sleeve must be fitted to arm" more accurately describes the sleeve for the short tunic. Gathered to cuff is for the long dress.

I think the problem with the metallic is that the lighting on some drawings imply it is silver or metallic. If anything I think the armor is brown and dark dark brown leather with silver highlights painted on. It should be noted that the magazine cover is a fan made version and is not accurate to the book cover or comic drawings for Mara's outfits.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer & Tosche Temple Mistress Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping as the final day for comments, if anyone wants to revise the standard with the revisions please feel free or I'll get to it tomorrow Smile
http://www.rebellegionuk.com/forum/
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mara Jade Green Dress & Tunic Costume Update Propos Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, I'll do the revisions. Let me know if I missed something. Razz

MARA JADE - LONG GREEN DRESS

Required Items:

1. Dark green dress with a rounded neck line; mid-calf length, with a loose, flowing skirt. Sleeves should be gathered to a cuff.

2. Wrap around overskirt of the same fabric as the dress. Overskirt does not meet in the center, and has a hemline that is shorter on one side.

3. Black leather or leather like belt, two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide, with a rectangular silver buckle approximately two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide.
Belt and buckle width must match.

4. Brown, flat soled, mid-calf height boots. Boots should be completely wrapped with strips of fabric or leather in a cream or light brown color.

5. A round, brown leather or or leather like shoulder bag approximately 8-10 inches across, with appropriate patterns. Strap should be long enough to be worn across the body, and be approx. 2 inches wide. No beading, fringe, outside pockets, or other embellishments are permitted.

6. Round silver brooch, approximately three (3) inches in diameter, with a raised, circular area in the center and a raised border.

7. Shoulder armor covered in a brown, leather or leather like material, closely resembling what is shown in this illustration. Each piece is a different size, and is three dimensional.

9. Long red hair, with a single, three-strand braid at the center back. A short, Padawan style braid may be worn on the left side of the head.

MARA JADE - TUNIC AND PANTS (Vision of the Future Cover)

Required Items:

1. Dark green tunic of mid-thigh length, with long sleeves fitted sleeves. Tunic bottom can be slightly pointy with a very soft/flat V shape.

2. Matching green, close fitting leggings.

3. Black leather or leather like belt, two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide, with a six-sided silver buckle approximately two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide; or a rectangular silver buckle approximately two (2) to two and half (2.5) inches wide.
Belt and buckle width must match.

4. Brown, flat soled, mid-calf height boots. Boots should be completely wrapped with strips of fabric or leather in a light brown color.

5. A brown leather or leather like rectangular shoulder bag approximately 10 inches across. Strap should be long enough to be worn across the body, and be approximately 2 inches wide. No beading, fringe, outside pockets, or other embellishments are permitted.

6. Round silver brooch, approximately 3 inches in diameter, with a raised, circular area in the center and a raised border.

7. Shoulder armor covered in a dull silver metallic material or brown leather or similar material, closely resembling what is shown in this illustration. Each piece is a different size, and is three dimensional.

9. Long, red hair, with a single, three-strand braid at the center back. A short, Padawan style braid may be worn on the left side of the head.

Costume Resources-

Jedi Forum-
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

KJO Detachment Page-
http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=mara-jade-green-dress[/quote]

Okay? I haven't changed any pictures, only text.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only concern is that we are using reference photos from the long dress for the short dress for the boots. I think if there is no image for the boots for the short dress then we should not show one at all.

• UCGR - DXO 2015
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, KJO link does not go anywhere.

• UCGR - DXO 2015
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stardancer1914 wrote:
My only concern is that we are using reference photos from the long dress for the short dress for the boots. I think if there is no image for the boots for the short dress then we should not show one at all.

There is a picture, we have a picture on our reference page. Number 4 of 7. Smile As said I only edited the text, not the pictures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order -> KJO Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: