Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6da14dd8a8b46a939fd6dcfca1e97a36Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New] Prequel Jedi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stroudy (Peter Truscott-Stroud)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:
Well there are a few of face character jedi Anakin for instance does wear black leather tabs - although maybe he's the only one?
but we'll let you off as you've been a busy boy ;-)

Ha ha. Thanks

Elstree Base XO
Event Co-Ordinator
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All opinions welcome Pete!

We can certainly change that if needs be, this is why we bring the proposals to the Detachment members to get opinions and feedback Smile
http://www.rebellegionuk.com/forum/
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an image in the prequel visual guide of a woman wearing leather tabbards.
I also seem to remember someone with gray leather tabbards (generic Jedi) as well...

Bultar Swan

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Rebel Legion Reserve

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:

I like the colour swatches, i suppose there is some evidence that Jedi have worn white belts\boots.

Sometimes its very hard to read this from an "uninformed" noobie perspective, so whilst i can see that every attempt has been made to make the descriptions clear and free from ambiguity personally i think all standards should have a line at the bottom stating that: these costume standards are designed as guidelines and that if in any doubt on any requirement please contact the BMO, DCO,DXO or costume judge. OR better still create a Work In Progress thread on the rebellion forum.
Just an idea
Very Happy

That's a good idea Mark, that could be added to the top of every standard so it's the first thing people will see.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old standard threads on the forum do have a disclaimer at the top, but it seems very few people read them. Wink

And yes, we have tried not being to restrictive while making sure to get the feel of the PT jedi.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
sarah_d (sarah drummond)
Rebel Legion Reserve

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think on the new website where the standards are they're at the end but hopefully if we add it to the top and maybe make it bold lettering it might stand out a bit better Smile
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few pics I have posted before. Note costume details like tabards and tunic length. I know many of the Geonosis Jedi have tunics shorter than the LCJs seem to like, but limiting them out would mean we are no longer aiming for screen accurate and aiming to make someone else's sense of fashion happy. Here you'll find anything from right at crotch length to top of the knee on Mace. More pics will give more variation, but barely butt covering to mid thigh seems to be the most common.

KrisAntilles (Amanda Burk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing black boots and belts from the standard also means removing black and grey fabric options. Because black or grey based Jedi robes and tunics would generally look awful with brown boots and belts.

I think the standard is trying to get the look and feel of the PT jedi, but still allow a little bit greater color variety.

I'll be sad if we remove black boots, since I bought a new pair of black boots not long ago that would work great for a future jedi costume. lol!
Dun Got Class Costuming Creations
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the discussion of other standards, we probably need to change our terminology to match LFL. That would mean changing EU to Legends.

Now, I'm familiar with SWTOR and KOTOR but not with the games closet to the OT and not at all familiar with the graphics novels and comics placed after ROTJ, so I can't really comment on how to divide that up. How much difference is there between those and the standard here? Is there sufficient reference material to make a "Legends - Jedi Academy Jedi" standard or whatever?
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroudy wrote:
Can understand not be restrictive, that being said, if it is supposed to represent a prequel jedi, then surely black shouldn't be permitted?

I won't be pushy on this promise hugs Just giving my opinion.

As to black, Anakin's tabbard (as I'm told by those who know) are a very dark brown but still brown). Though not in the films, Asajj Ventress as a Padawan and some others is the comics, etc. did have black (boots & belt/s), so it wouldn't be unheard of or just on a whim.

I see no issue with it being inclusive and having accuracy. The broad non-specific Jedi stand/s is something I always thought was a strength to the RL. The only issue is it is a nightmare for the LCJ. We're just trying to shore things up and add some clarity so we don't get so many disappointed persons applying that cannot be approved.

All too many will still apply without reading the standards, but at least there is a chance to minimize this with it being well-documented.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for splitting the time periods up, I think this is a good idea. Prequel Jedi is a generic category that would be canon, and I think it's important for us to be able to point to a category of costume as canon/non-canon, rather than going individual by individual, when trying to meet a request for only canon costumes. I can't see how we'd need an Original Trilogy standard since those were all clearly face characters. That would leave either a Legends category, or more specific categories within Legends (I'm not terribly familiar with any of the visual portions of the Legends works) if there's interest.

I'm personally on the fence about black, but as long as it's done right, it does look good and fits very well with a group of Jedi. However, I'd feel better about black if we were even more restrictive about color combinations such that it could not be used in combination with any hue of red. I've seen a rust/black Jedi, that while it met the letter of the standard for approval, looked far too Sith for my taste.

Would it be reasonable to move IT to required and just make the optional items 2 of 3? There seem to be a good number of IT options now. I can't imagine a Jedi without an IT that would look right... but that could easily be a limitation of my imagination.

For OT length, I generally like Shay's description, but would add the blue to help give the new costumer a frame of reference: "the Outer tunic should comfortably cover the butt but then may extend to any length with common lengths being mid-thigh, knee, and floor". I don't know if it'd be appropriate to add a note or not, but I know when I made my first Jedi, the longer OT just did not feel right (presumably a combination of being new to costuming and a guy not familiar with this type of garment). I ended up shorting it (almost too much) and have since gone back and made another longer OT.

And one small nit (sorry!)... I believe there's a typo in Aurebesh in the tabard section.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

Very good extension of the Jedi standards of the prequels. I have not seen in the colors of the robes, is the possibility of black or gray colors (in its different variants). I also agree with some members would not be good to get the possibility of boots and belt are black (obviously respecting both the belt and boots are equal).

Would be good also put the possibility that may have tabards embroidered drawings or signs (as Jocasta Nu or Atris) as an optional variant.

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogue9607 wrote:
Would it be reasonable to move IT to required and just make the optional items 2 of 3? There seem to be a good number of IT options now. I can't imagine a Jedi without an IT that would look right... but that could easily be a limitation of my imagination.

The only one that comes to mind is Adi Gallia.

Antar Bolt ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question regarding the tabards. Under part C. it states that a centrally located tabard is acceptable. Is this intended to refer to a standard set of over the shoulder tabards that become one piece once they pass behind the obi, or the single tabard that both Luminara and Shaak Ti have?

Bespin Base Temple Master
Jaina Solo-Fel (Christina Jensen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannv wrote:
As to the discussion of other standards, we probably need to change our terminology to match LFL. That would mean changing EU to Legends.

Now, I'm familiar with SWTOR and KOTOR but not with the games closet to the OT and not at all familiar with the graphics novels and comics placed after ROTJ, so I can't really comment on how to divide that up. How much difference is there between those and the standard here? Is there sufficient reference material to make a "Legends - Jedi Academy Jedi" standard or whatever?

Sadly, I think you're right about changing the EU category to Legends, even though I personally hate Disney's decision on the matter (Bern a fan of the novels for almost 20 years Razz ) but it would avoid the confusion.

I don't know much about the standards in regards to the Jedi Academy period (that is if you're talking about the video Game - there's also a trilogy of novels under the same title). However, when it comes to the books and the comics, post-ROTJ that is, the illustrators (in my oppinion) in most of the Face characters' case, seemed a lot inspired by the Way the prequel Jedi looked, with the exception of more colour variety. But, the more years passede and the more Jedi that became Knights, the illustrations of many of the characters went abid away from "the traditional Jedi look".

I Think it would a bid difficult to set up a New Republic/New Jedi Order/Legacy period Jedi up (titles of the eras as Well as the subtitles for series of books that came along) because in my opinion, there are too many options to go from, to Pick in which direction it should be as a NR/NJO/Legacy standard, and that it May be better that the post-ROTJ Jedi fell under the coming new Generic Jedi category, which Sarah mentioned in the first post.

But that might be for another topic to discuss Wink

The only surprise will be, if there are no surprises - Jaina Solo, LOF Invincible

Hey, the universe is the one with the problem. It's just the Solos' job to fix it - Jaina
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: