Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=10a6e200dee52e9eaff9af29a9ac793dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Recruit saying hey from Niagara Falls.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dance Commander (Andrew)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicko wrote:
I'm still alive! Will be pulling the trigger on a Snap Wexley or Blue Squadron build.

Where are the events located at that the RL are invited to? Is that a members only thing? I only ask because I'd like to be active with troops and I realize that most of the RL troops are 501st invites after the fact, being an ex-501st member myself.

We have a base events forum that you will be granted access to once you are approved. Most of our events do not come from the 501st; we receive the invites from the event organizers.

Also, I am looking into starting an pilot build myself soon, so we should chat and see if we can't save on some shipping costs.
Sicko ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% down for that. What pilot were you looking at doing?
Sicko ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also considering a rogue one rebel commando.. will see whats easier to attain and quicker too.

Last edited by Sicko () on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sicko ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are these boots for an x-wing pilot?

http://www.sovietboots.com/home/244-501st-legion-pilot-officer-jack-boots-vader-s-fist.html#/size-rus_45_us_12_5_eu_46_uk_11
Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are ok, but you can do better. Look for knobelbecher boots or German WW2 boots on eBay for something more authentic.

Just a general comment, speaking from experience: I would suggest if you do a pilot, to try and replicate one from the films rather than go for a custom look as I did initially. You are trooping for the fans, and they want to see the characters they know, not something from your fan fiction.

Sicko ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobaFuss wrote:
They are ok, but you can do better. Look for knobelbecher boots or German WW2 boots on eBay for something more authentic.

Just a general comment, speaking from experience: I would suggest if you do a pilot, to try and replicate one from the films rather than go for a custom look as I did initially. You are trooping for the fans, and they want to see the characters they know, not something from your fan fiction.

I am currently looking out for the boots you suggested, seem hard to find for my size =/

I'm considering just doing Wedge's helmet but ill have mockups to look at soon to kind of see what I want to do.
Ma'at Kaelus ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Leader Canada wrote:

Hi and Happy 2018! though I've been silent here for a while, I've been working on the finishing touches to my ANH X wing (I'll be submitting within the next few days).

I have a question related to this ^ post. I did my fist helmet as a custom design (well, it WAS a fun thing to do, after all...) but i get the spirit in which the point is made. I am thinking that I might get a second helmet, do a character, and (hopefully) troop as that pilot instead.

Is there a list of X or Y Wing pilots from ANH who are active in the Canadian Base? or at least in Ontario? I'd prefer to pick someone who is not yet represented.

Also, if I'm approved as a generic pilot, do I have to re-submit before trooping as a specific character once I do a second helmet... or can I just bring it and wear it?

Thanks!
Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably want to resubmit with the second helmet just to be official.

Here’s the roster of pilots in the Base. We have Wedge, Biggs, Porkins, Red and Gold Leader represented but there are still plenty more. Do you have any design in mind?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: