Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=455b7710175c8ce260092a7dcec9ca8bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello, from a New Member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Itom Patay ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Hello, from a New Member Reply with quote

My name is "Itom Patay", which means "Black Death" in my parens Filipino dialect.

I'm a newbie retired grandmother, who saw SW when it first came out in the late 1970's. All of my three sons have seen all of the six movies, and I can't wait for SW VII.

So from the Monterey Peninsula, nice to meet all of you....

Itom Patay
(Cam)
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello, from a New Member Reply with quote

Itom Patay wrote:
My name is "Itom Patay", which means "Black Death" in my parens Filipino dialect.

I'm a newbie retired grandmother, who saw SW when it first came out in the late 1970's. All of my three sons have seen all of the six movies, and I can't wait for SW VII.

So from the Monterey Peninsula, nice to meet all of you....

Itom Patay
(Cam)

Welcome Cam - are you working on a costume to join the Rebel Legion as a full member? There are a lot of good costume building forums here, and a good list of standards to follow for putting whatever costume you are working on together. If it's something we don't have standards for, then it's a good idea to go to the costume forums to document your build progress and reference material so they can then lend feedback to make sure your costume can be approved Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Itom Patay ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from a new member Reply with quote

Hi Kathy Dee.... I'm looking for help with a costume I want to wear when I go as a full time member. It's the TOR Armored Jedi Knight, armor and clothing.

Being a large busted woman, I've looked at many sites or tried many ideas on where to find the breast plate for a female Jedi Knight, but so far I've hit "zero". Now I know that Imperial Surplus has an "Armored Jedi" suit, but for men only, with one exception, their 'Imperial Knight" armor which is for X-XL men, and regular females..

So what I'm looking for is a way to modify the breast plate to where the girls can rest w/o pushing the front breastplate out too far....

But for now, I'm saving my money so I can purchase my armor, as I found out it is kind of expensive, and I don't want to waste $$$$ on a suit of armor, only to destroy it during the modification.....

Cam
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from a new member Reply with quote

Itom Patay wrote:
Hi Kathy Dee.... I'm looking for help with a costume I want to wear when I go as a full time member. It's the TOR Armored Jedi Knight, armor and clothing.

Being a large busted woman, I've looked at many sites or tried many ideas on where to find the breast plate for a female Jedi Knight, but so far I've hit "zero". Now I know that Imperial Surplus has an "Armored Jedi" suit, but for men only, with one exception, their 'Imperial Knight" armor which is for X-XL men, and regular females..

So what I'm looking for is a way to modify the breast plate to where the girls can rest w/o pushing the front breastplate out too far....

But for now, I'm saving my money so I can purchase my armor, as I found out it is kind of expensive, and I don't want to waste $$$$ on a suit of armor, only to destroy it during the modification.....

Cam

Hum yeah - I'm not really familiar with the armored Jedi. You could ask for advice in the Jedi forums here. With some things like armor, if you cant sculpt and cast/vac form your own custom armor and the kits available don't fit - it sometimes means changing your costume ideas. But check to see if there are viable ways to alter the armor sets you do find. I know that often times women can fit in male armor. They do it all the time for Stormtroopers, etc.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you, and welcome to Endor Base. Good luck with your costume, can't wait to see it when it's done.

....And yes, costumes can be very expensive, but well worth it in the end.

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
JM Saber-Slinger (John-Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there! I was born in the Philippines and saw Star Wars (now known as Episode 4) over there in the 70's!

Welcome to Rebel Legion! Have you considered making an Original Trilogy Rebel Trooper? http://www.rebellegion.com/rebel-fleet-trooper-a-new-hope/
If you have a Rebel Trooper costume, you can join me and other troopers in the Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment! We're trying to get a detachment for Endor Base going right now, as we speak! Smile

In the Filipino language I speak, "Black Death" would be "Kamatayang Itim." "Patay" means "Dead." "Kamatayan" means "Death" and the "g" at the end links the noun with the adjective that means "black." Or something like that. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: