Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7b83d119dc857cfbd441b74d106b41ecMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Acceptable fabric for skullcap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceBuns (Sonya Hall)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Acceptable fabric for skullcap Reply with quote

Hi, I am working on a Cesi Eirriss costume. If I make the skullcap out of double-layered white cotton broadcloth, will that be acceptable?
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be fine. There isn't really an required fabric for the cap for that character, so whatever looks good would probably be fine.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WanderingWindward (Casey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SpaceBuns,

I'm kinda late to this thread. Like you've already been told, there is no specific fabric requirement for this character. As long as it's white and fits well, you should be fine.

For what it's worth, when I did my twi'lek pilot, I made the cap from the same rip-stop nylon I made the flak vest from. I had to double layer it, though, because the nylon is little transparent.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth: The skullcap was probably inspired by the ones worn by the Snowspeeder pilots. Those were practically the same type of fabric as a flight suit but off-white. (I base this on having studied many pictures of the Snowspeeder pilots hats up-close. I believe the fabric was the same as for the Rebel Hoth soldier's hats and I have held a real one of those in my hands)

I would suggest though that you would get a fabric that had a little stretch in it, to help make it taut over the curves of the head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: