About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=179f0aa55cc0b00b51165a5c308a4ba0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Elections 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Reaper on 25 November 2006

I think courtesy would require that last attempt to contact though. Pretty sure everyone would like being given a chance to speak up before being stripped of a title.

Sorry, I had no idea said person was someone who had already had a title. I also have no idea how many times said person has been contacted.
I'm not attempting to sidestep courtesy, I'm just trying to participate in the discussion and be active in my base.
I'm just eager to see our bases election process come to a conclusion so we can move forward.

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

I have a question, is there something I am missing? What is this sudden rush for closure? I believe Katie said she would contact the person on the 20th. It is a holiday weekend, and has really only been 5 days at that, right?

I am in no rush as this really doesn't matter either way to me as long as there are different people holding command positions than people who already hold command positions in other groups already. As I stated in the other thread, I still think there needs to be a distinction.

(The Deleted post) It was not helpful and it was deleted. I just wanted to make sure it was known I didn't post anything nasty!

Quote: Originally posted by JediXXL on 26 November 2006

Why is this important? It will get done when it gets done. This is not a full time job it's a hobby, right?

Command Staff, you are hereby put on notice and will be docked 15 minutes pay! 

Quote: Originally posted by Reaper on 26 November 2006

Gil, calm down.

That was out of line.

(My deleted response to Ed's warning) See the wink? it was a joke

Quote: Originally posted by JediXXL on 26 November 2006

That was a joke... Like you guys actually get paid for a hobby, right? 

This didn't help at all and was removed... Mystery solved!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wingnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

All I was curious about was that its been over a month since the elections ended and theres been no communication at all.
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

I wouldn't call a post on Nov 7th and  20th as no word at all. In fact the Nov 7th post directly answers your question. 5 days after you asked it.

Is that what you're referring to with your no word at all comment?

Wingnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

22 Days after the Elections ended.

Wingnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Actually its 38 days since Nominations ended on Sept 30th and at that ending time there were no other nominations.
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

And at what point after the elections were the base CO's directed to pick a BMO? As already posted in the Rebel Rumblings section, the Positions being discussed were not to be instated till the new Website was operational.

Without that knowledge, for all you know your question coinsided with that directive. Which as a matter of fact, it is close in the timing. The directive went out on Oct 26th. When the Executive Council made the decision to TRY the new system before everything was in place. SO we are talking a 2 week timeframe between being told to enact the position and your question.

Hardly no word for over a month.

Wingnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

If you'd look at my original post on Nov 2 it was a bump of the following question:

Quote: Originally posted by Queen Amidala on 27 September 2006

I was curious in general as to why the question was not answered. The other forum is where I raised the question about not naming other offices in Legion Command.

My posts about the number of days was in regards to other peoples questions in general about the time its taking to name officers.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

I don't believe I'm expressing a "rush for closure", but an eagerness for efficiency. From my perspective it's been 5 weeks since the transition to new leaders was supposed to take place - and I don't event know who those people are.

Yes, there has been communications since that time - but it's primarily been in response to questions. Sometimes it's nice to get information like this from command communicated out without the memberships repeatedly asking for it.

Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Gil, calm down.

That was out of line.

HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Our BMO is Kristin  Mrozek Sirota.  She does fantastic work with costumes and is very knowledgable. 

As far as XO, there is a legion wide position this person is interested in and if accepted will not be able to do the duties of XO (due to a member not being able to hold a legion and a local postion).  When I know the outcome of that I will be able to post that info.

State captains (though I still haven't been able to get a hold of everyone who held a position )are currently as followed (though I do need to talk to at least one other person about becoming one):

NYC:  Mary Alice Ladd

PA:  Andrea Samulewicz

MD:  Ed Bartlebaugh

HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by DocBev on 26 November 2006

Yes, there has been communications since that time - but it's primarily been in response to questions. Sometimes it's nice to get information like this from command communicated out without the memberships repeatedly asking for it.

Just as a note on this, some people aren't online everyday so they're harder to get in contact with - myself being one of them. I still have a couple people that I couldn't get a hold of.

Unfortunetly I have had a lot of other things outside of the Rebel Legion and costuming on my plate lately, so hopefully once all the captains are in place and we have a confirmed XO things will run a lot smoother.

Also, if there are specific concerns please feel free to send me a pm.  I know there are a lot of things being said to people but I don't know everyone's concerns if they tell all their buddies and not me.

Communication is definitly something the majority of the base needs to work on, myself included.  Nothing is going to get resolved if people are not willing to talk on a mature calm level.

Wingnut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Just a note on Nickys point on efficiency.

I looked 'em up.

Canada Elections - command staff announced at end of election.

Ra Kura - No Elections but an XO was named 8 days later.

Corellian - Command Staff announced Oct 30.

Echo Base

Notice that it was in progress on Nov 7

Everyone accounted for except 1 Base Captain on Nov 20

I think one of the general points that have been put out there was that if the process was going to take this long to complete, perhaps some notes in the waiting period would explain the delays.

Its not negative, its just observations backed up by raw data. Ping my PM box all you want.
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by HothGirl on 26 November 2006

Our BMO is Kristin  Mrozek Sirota.  She does fantastic work with costumes and is very knowledgable. 

State captains:

• NYC:  Mary Alice Ladd

• PA:  Andrea Samulewicz

• MD:  Ed Bartlebaugh

Excellent choice for BMO.  Kristin is very knowledgeable in many categories of SW costumes, a prolific costumer, and I have seen some great photo shop stuff that she has done (for example see bottom of this thread 02/24 - 02/26/06 - NYC Comic Con) .

And I'm sure my fellow regional Captains are going to do a great job helping organize events in their  respective areas of Echo Base.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Elections 2006 Reply with quote

Scott - You made your point.  It's over and it's done with and I can't turn back the clock and make things happen any faster.   I have a life outside of the Rebel Legion, as many other people do as well. 

All I can say is that I'll try as hard as I can to help with the efficency issue, but  life happens - plain and simple as I'm sure many others can attest to.

IF this base is to be a productive and happy one, it takes EVERYONE working together.  It seems many times people post with fire in their eyes and if this base it to get back on track we can't have people pulling from both ends.  If things are going to work we all need to be part of the solution and work together.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: