About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f9af3ba7a61252f4baa82ae1622d15eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Base banner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Endor Base banner Reply with quote

I have the file, ( allready sent it to Matt ) now I'm inverstigating as to the whereabouts of the RL banner - I have sent a mass email to all members and moderators throughtout the entire legion.  I wanna say the So. Cal. Base has it?

Master Jedi

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Endor Base banner Reply with quote

Maybe it's behind the Mona Lisa. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Endor Base banner Reply with quote

Nope, SoCal does not have it. They think they last sent it to Tennessee. I tried PMing Matt P (JediToren), since I believe he uses it for the parade at Dragon*Con each year. Unfortunately, his listed e-mail address is no longer working.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, time to revive this thread I guess!

First of all, we may have a few options as far as having a banner to hang at conventions.

1) Do we want a specific Endor Base Banner with a URL for our own web site at the bottom?

2) Do we want to see if we can print up the new Generic Rebel Legion banner once it's been converted to a hi res format with the URL of Rebel Legion.com? (This seems to be something that is in the works actually for Rebel Legion as a whole)

I actually think if we can afford it, it would be great to have one of each banner. That way, one banner can be hung from the front of our table at conventions, and the other can be hung behind us on a wall at the conventions that do have walls for that.

Any thoughts as to yes or no on if we should even make our own Endor Base banner (I do know that Sunrider Base made their own banner using their base logo).

-------------------------------------

As far as an Endor Base Banner discussion goes...

- Vector Base Logo - check! :!:

- Need to vote on final font of Vector base logo - not yet done Confused:

- What size? Confused: I personally think getting the size that is narrow and long so that it can be hung from the edge of a table is best. There are smaller conventions and events to think about besides WonderCon. For example, at Creation Con in sacramento all the banners had to be hung from the front of the tables.

- Design Confused: I know earlier Matt mentioned wanting to use images of mountains - etc. I'm kind of more in the camp of using graphics, and I feel our logo already has the mountains and trees. I actually like some of the ideas from the banner voting for Rebel Legion. Maybe something along the lines of these but using the Endor Base Logo with them:

FYI - we do have some new members coming aboard in a few weeks! I'd like to hear their input as well. One of them is actually a professional graphic designer. I don't know what kind of time she has on her hands, but at the very least I would imagine she would have valuable input and ideas. If we get really lucky, she might even want to take a crack at a design Wink

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, I still have all these logos as well if you want them in other formats.

And yes, once Woofer switches out text, our next plan is to upgrade our Legion-wide banners to this new look. This is the new official logo for the group, so we need to make that available across the board.
Fallen Rebel

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Generic Rebel Legion banner the best so far.

As for Endor Base, I think we should come up with something that ties our locations together. Or the Forrest Moon.

anyone else?
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Endor Base's boundaries are sure to change over time, I'd be reluctant to do anything too specific to our locations.

And keep in mind that if we do use any photos in the banner, they need to be VERY hi res if they are to look good when they are printed at such a large size (otherwise you start to see pixels or compression artifacts).

I'm hoping that before we start doing mock-up designs we can get a consensus on the size of the banner so that we can design to the correct canvas size. It seems that 2 ft tall would allow it to be hung from a table.

Devin - what are the dimensions of your SVRF banner? That seemed to fit perfectly on the table.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intitally, I got the idea of using trees for the background of the banner from that shot in ROTJ after the Death Star is destroyed and the Ewoks blow their horns, and it cuts to the forest.

When I was driving south on 280, I didn't have my camera with me, but I wanted to pull over and take a photo of the mountains and trees. I also happen to know someone who frequents the park where they shot ROTJ near Crescent City. Maybe I can ask her if she can take a high-res photo of the actual location?

Plus, I don't think trees are too area-specific either, unlike using the GG Bridge or something. Wink

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that once we decide on a canvas size (opinions - anyone?) then we will have to let people submit their own banner designs and we can then arrange to have a vote on them. I'm willing to come up with a couple after Halloween (That's my time table. I have to complete my costumes, then I can work on banner designs). I can't guarantee that I will accommodate all ideas and requests. All ideas are very welcome, but I can't be a design slave. Everyone has their own design style Smile

Maybe we can agree that certain things need to be on the banner?

1) Our Endor Base Logo
2) The words "Rebel Legion" (or "The Rebel Legion") and "Endor Base"
3) Our URL (we need to decide on endorbase.com or endorbase.org and purchase it soon!)
4) Canvas Size (2 feet high by ? - Waiting to hear from Devin on the size of the SVRF table banner)
5) Any photos used must be high resolution (not screen captures or low res web photos)
6) We will have to find out what resolution the printers require so that each designer can be sure to make their original designs to the correct specs for quality printing Smile

All other things (photos of trees, photos of Endor, use of the rebel symbol, silhouettes of characters - whatever) could be considered creative design elements that each designer can play with to see what works in their composition.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly, Kathy. What's that phrase you use...."Great minds think alike"? Wink

Usually, how long would it take to make the banners? This would give us more of an idea for time for deciding what URL to get, submitting different designs to vote on, and get them made before WonderCon. We can then get the multiple banners sent to someone at WonderCon, and the base captains can pick up their banners there as well.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, different printers probably have different turn around times. I'd imagine allowing at least a month should be safe - but we will price things out and find out.

Also, is there a parade or other event coming up before WonderCon that we urgently need the banners for?

I'm just kind of ballpark guessing... if our aim is WonderCon then perhaps the banner designs should be submitted for the first round of voting by some time in early to mid December? It always seems inevitable that tweaks end up being made to a design that people gravitate to before it can be printed. Sometimes people say 'hey, I like what so and so did - but I like the text or color so and so used,' and the design evolves (Remember this happened with fan force?)

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good time frame, Kathy. As for an event before WonderCon, I can't think of any big ones off-hand December is busy with the holiday season, and January is usually pretty slow.

Vladric_Yavin (Devin)
Fallen Rebel

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Devin - what are the dimensions of your SVRF banner? That seemed to fit perfectly on the table.
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier Kathy ... the banner you saw is 2'x6' our first banner which is a modified California State flag is 3.5' x 4'. Let me know what you want to do about it. Let me know what kinds of deals you can get. I will see if my contact can beat it. He is very reasonable and could make me a great deal on a big order!

Kay_Dee wrote:
Um, different printers probably have different turn around times. I'd imagine allowing at least a month should be safe - but we will price things out and find out.

my contact usually can have them done in two days.

Kay_Dee wrote:
Also, is there a parade or other event coming up before WonderCon that we urgently need the banners for?
The SVRF has the Ronald McDonald House - "Carn-Evil" on the 26th. I can authorize hanging up the banner and passing out flyers at our event, to help advertise the RL - Endor Base.[/quote]

Kay_Dee wrote:
I'm just kind of ballpark guessing... if our aim is WonderCon then perhaps the banner designs should be submitted for the first round of voting by some time in early to mid December? It always seems inevitable that tweaks end up being made to a design that people gravitate to before it can be printed. Sometimes people say 'hey, I like what so and so did - but I like the text or color so and so used,' and the design evolves (Remember this happened with fan force?)
Well then scratch the above idea. Wink LOL
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Devin! I'd like to say we could have one by the end of this month, but I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks. However, I could contact the guy who's been working on the Rebel Legion banner designs. For all we know he could be really close to a finished design for table banners. If he is, all he'd have to do is e-mail us the file so we could quickly get it printed up!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it out! Woofer was very accommodating to my numerous suggestions and requests and it looks like we have an approved Rebel Legion banner design!

I think he's just going to darken the Arabesh a tad and I do want to run a test printing on it to make sure all the colors and graphics look as great on paper (or vinyl) as they do on the computer monitor.

We had to drop the helmet, because the low res image looked like a bunch of pixels on the banner Sad It still looks nice without the helmet though!

http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9031&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

See, already I'm helping our Sacramento Peeps Wink It looks like you shall have a banner for your event at the end of the month! May I ask if we can open up your event to our Endor Base members and post it on our boards as maybe a joint SVRF/Rebel Legion event? Maybe some of us from SF would like to come join you?

------------------

P.S. We can still consider an Endor Base banner. I'd like to first secure our URL and probably work out a web design turns out to be before making the banner. Ideally, I'd like our Endor Base banner to have a similar look and feel to whatever our web site design so it all looks kind of cohesive. Ultimately, I think the generic RL banner could be hung from the front of the table at WonderCon and an Endor Base Banner could be hung on the wall (or Vice-Versa).

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: