Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b97f5841affff4ab96cd0f891a6b7d39Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Pi Day Party with Tom Angleberger, Roanoke 3/14/15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(0)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
twilekjediTue Mar 10, 2015 3:40 am
Colt45Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:41 am
Turtle CommandoThu Mar 12, 2015 4:24 pm
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Pi Day Party with Tom Angleberger, Roanoke 3/14/15
Event: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:00 pm

This is a cross-post from Garrison Tyranus:
"The Science Museum (of Western Virginia in Roanoke, Va.) is going to have a Pi Day Party on (Saturday) March 14 from 6-9pm and we’d like the 501st to join us, if anyone is available? Tom Angleberger will also be joining us for the evening!"

That's the guy of Origami Yoda fame.
Apparently it's supposed to be like a big math party for kids. And the RL is invited!
http://smwv.org/events/pi-day-party/

From various posts on the 501st thread:
The museum is in downtown Roanoke. If you follow the signs for "Center In The Square", it'll lead you right to it. There's an Orvis store right beside the entrance, and the parking garage is just a few feet from there. You park there, go down to the 1st floor, go out to the street, turn right and bam. You are there. Take elevator to 4th floor, I think. Changing rooms. They are nice size rooms but there are bathrooms just down the hall as well. This is a great place to troop!!!!!!!!

A bit last minute, but if anyone can come down we'd love to have you join us. And in case you didn't notice, this Saturday IS the Pi Day of the Century.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/pi_day_of_the_century_why_math_geeks_will_love_march_14_2015_more_than_usual.html

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was really fun! Much bigger turnout than I expected. There were 80 folks pre-registered; I don't know the final tally. Glad that my husband and I finally made it out to an event at the museum. Still learning how to navigate in a helmet, but I only knocked into one wall and I think I didn't trample any younglings, so I call that a success! Laughing Nice that so many kids were in Star Wars costumes. Wish everyone could have seen the adorable little baby ewok and the very sharp looking Anakin.

Here are some images shared by the museum.

Mr. Angleberger signed books and also taught an origami class.

I didn't carry a camera during the actual troop but I did snap a photo of the blue milk provided to us by the museum staff!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: